54%  [ 380 ]
Female
45%
 45%  [ 317 ]
Total Votes : 697

ernixlopez
Sea Post King

Male.
1> YES! Put them in Wal-Mart. Room Noises should be available for anyone anywhere. ESPECIALLY Wal-MArt that always has lots of traffic. Wal-MArt is actually where I discovered some little known artists that blew up later on like NElly Furtado. I bought her debut from WM when it was only 8 bucks. Now its like ....more!
2>Age groups? I think Eisley can really honestly truly be all over the place. SOme music can entice the younger generations but also attract the highschoolers and beyond. y'know. 20's and up even higher. Really. THeir music is justuniversal to put it plainly.
3>What was the third question? I don't remember. Oh dudes vs chicks. I agree that its half and half. Yup.

Last edited by ernixlopez on Thu May 26, 2005 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrozenEye
Golly, Poster

1. I would put the cd in Walmart for the reason of higher access; I can remember myself picking up a cd i've never heard of just because I was there and it looked interesting, and it wasn't $20. I've purchased Coldplay, Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, and Avril Lavigne. K-mart on the other hand does not seem to be a place where people buy music; I can't think of a cd i've purchased at K-mart.

Admiral summed up my thoughts on who Eisley appeals to. True art does not appeal to only one age group.
Admiral79 wrote:
2. The great thing about Eisley that they appeal to everyone. Men and women of all ages. That's why I knew when I first heard them that as long as they keep making quality music and that music reaches the masses, they'd be huge. Their music alone is emotional and cool enough for us fans who have come over from Radiohead and Coldplay, and with young teenagers getting away from pop, Eisley fits in great with the progression to a more adult / real sound. The music is also radio friendly enough for those older people (like my mom) who only listen to top 40 radio to sing along and get hooked. Their youthful but mature attitude, their cutting edge style, their overall hipness just adds fuel to the fire. Oh yeah, and it definitely does help that they have a website that makes the listening public a part of their journey and keeps them connected more than any other band around."

3. I can't draw a line for what the percentage of guys or girls listen to Eisley. Since I believe that their music is appeals to all ages, I also think that it appeals to both sexes. I think the same amount of guys listen to Eisley as girls. (The poll above only shows that males are on the forum more frequently.)

boone
Vintage Newbie

I bought the first Vines CD at Wal Mart because it was $7. There's something to be said for that kind of thing.
thexrunaway
Golly, Poster

1. Should Eisley's LP be in Walmart/K-Mart, and why? Yes. If you don't put it out there many people especially those in Middle America (who I think would find Eisley very appealing) won't have the album immediatley avaialble to them. It also needs to be in those kinds of stores because that is where quite a good portion of consumers shop for their CDs. Also I would really make a big push to get them in Target. Target often has really low CD prices and a lot of indie kids shop there as opposed to Wal*Mart.

2. In terms of age, who is Eisley's market? Support your opinion best you can? 16-24. It's about the age range of the band and it's who their style of music will most attract. Of course there will be those younger and older, but that is where you will be able to pull in most of your fans from. People of that age can look at the band and see themselves in the members.

3. What would you guess the percentage of guys to girls to be? Although the boardie percentage seems to be tipped towards males I would say you're pretty on with a 50/50 percentage over all. Eisley's lyrics will appeal to a lot of people but especially girls. Stacy, Sherri, and Chauntelle also have that appeal of not being the average girl though in every essence they are. Girls will want to be like them. They have a unique style and write all the bands lyrics and play their own instruments. And as much as you won't want to hear this since you're their Dad, the girls will appeal to guy fans. They're very pretty, intelligent, and talented. Plus they dress very simple yet unique and don't flash skin all over the place. Indie boys will be into it.

"My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end."

-Ayn Rand, Anthem

Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

1. Should Eisley's LP be in Walmart/K-Mart, and why?
yes, because i go there lol. seriously though, like many of the people have said before me, it will probably reach a wider audience. i don't see why not.

2. In terms of age, who is Eisley's market? Support your opinion
best you can?
well, people have said around 14-30 and that seems to be consistent, so i agree with that. but if i had to choose, i'd say probably mainly in the later high school/college age.

3. What would you guess the percentage of guys to girls to be?
probably 50-50.

chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

1. Should Eisley's LP be in Walmart/K-Mart, and why?
most definately. isn't somthing like 1 in every 5 cd's sold come from walmart? thats reason enough for me.

best you can?
14-30 with an average at maybe 22.. high deviation though. I think the demographic age-wise is spread out quite a bit. The music lyrically and musically appeals to a broad range of people from kids to adults.

3. What would you guess the percentage of guys to girls to be?
50/50 most likely. I bet the split on the forum is close to 50/50

Kenshin22
Sea Post King

boyd i dont know if you will read this but....

put it in the target/ walmart area... i say target cause i work at target and i know that when this cd comes out about 15 from my store will buy it cause i got them all into eisley... also i work in electronics so i would try to help sell it (though i dont think im allowed to do something like that)

boyd
Eisleyoid

i just read all of the posts so far. Interesting. We're either all really on
the same page with all 3 questions or we're just wanting to be agreeable.
Pretty much - YES to Walmart, 14-30 age, 50/50 male to female split.
That's what I thought too... the age thing is, perpaps harder to know.

There were questions for me but i can't remember them...

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
WA The Clash
Lost at Forum

1) yes....bring it to walmart/kmart....nothing wrong with reaching to wider audiences....theres nothing wrong with music to objectify that either.
2) 15-25....lotsa youngsters and college people here....
3)50/50...i dont think one gender dominates over the other whether it be the caht room or the forum
zealot
Sea Post King

1. Yes. Like a lot of people said, a wider audience and more distrubution.

2. 15-26

3. 50-50

JDRagz
Sea Post King

Q 1. Should Eisley's LP be in Walmart/K-Mart, and why?

A 1. It should be in Wal*Mart for sure. Not really K-Mart. At least, no in Indiana. K-Mart sorta went down hill where I live, and Wal*Mart, Best Buy, and Light 'n Life (a Christian bookstore part of a larger chain by a different name) are pretty much the only places I buy CDs. Although, Best Buy is the best place to get price wise. I rarely get anything from Meijer, but that's just me. To me, Meijer is too expensive.

Q 2. In terms of age, who is Eisley's market? Support your opinion
best you can? (like, you know, 2 - 80 or whatever)

A 2. Well, I'm 17. My friend just turned 16, but was 15 when she told me about Eisley. The person who told her was like 17 but near the age of 18. So... 15-18 range is the largest?

Q 3. What would you guess the percentage of guys to girls to be? Give your reasoning. (I guess I'm tipping the hat since you'll be able to see the %)

A 3. Well, by looking at the percentage, it looks like males are more into Eisley than girls. But by a small percentage. So it might as well be 50/50, right? That or 52/48.

Linkage: blog|xanga|myspace|deviantart|YouTube

Joined: 10 Jun 2004 | Posts: 275 | Location: Indianapolis, IN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stpddrummerboy88
Lost at Forum

1. heck i say sure, the nearest best buy or borders is 15 miles away, wal mart isn't even 2 miles...so sure heck it saves me gas money to pick up another copy of the cd! there ya go!///put it in wal mart get 2 cd's...it works great

2. i'd say 13 (for teddy's sake haha) to about well my mom likes eisley and i know a lot of grown who do so i'd say about 50.

3.umm about 50 50

Kit
Sea Post King

boyd wrote:
MARKET RESEARCH

1. Should Eisley's LP be in Walmart/K-Mart, and why? Of course. Why not. I figured it would be anyway. I pretty much put them in the same league as U2 and Coldplay. Thinking man's pop that just so happens to have mass appeal.

best you can? (like, you know, 2 - 80 or whatever)

12-40

Some people just like timeless pop music. Not that timeless pop music can only be appreciated by folks between 12-40. I think they'll mainly catch on with high school and college kids due to their contemporary feel, good looks, and creativity. Yet adults will also notice a life in their music. Obviously, Eisley isn't for purists strictly into metal, rap, R&B, etc. But they are marketable to MTV, VH1, and MTV2 viewers, Rolling Stone, Blender, Q, and Paste readers. They'll probably have an audience with CCM as well.

3. What would you guess the percentage of guys to girls to be? Give your
reasoning. (I guess I'm tipping the hat since you'll be able to see the %)

60% girls, 40% guys maybe That's what it seems at their shows anyway.

Interestingly, when WB polled me - ("you're out there in the scene...on
tours, so your opinion definitely counts...you probably have a better feel
than us at this moment), they thought there'd be way more girls... and
were thinking 16 - 24 bracket. I said, "I think you're generally ok with the
16-24...but I know there are tons of older fans... like Coldplay fans. And,
I'm almost positive I'm right about a 50/50 split - guys and girls..."

Anyway, I wonder if you could put on your thinking/awareness/best
guess hats. Weren't there several threads where you guys were
expressing your hope that Eisley's CD should be available in Walmart?
Can we find them?

All of this relates to which stores should WB put Eisley's records in and
how many sku's. The wider the age demographic and distribution of male
to female, etc. the more they have to manufacture, etc. It's pretty much
guess-work. Be conservative... honest... think about ways to make your
guesswork be as acurate as possible. Perhaps we can poll forum
members.

standingcareful
Golly, Poster

1) I would love for the album to be in Wal-Mart/Target/K-Mart, etc. It would make it very convienent for me to buy. I don't like having to drive into Houston to buy good albums.

2) 16- 28-ish

3)Definitely 50%

Sea Post King

1) I'd say no. Just because whenever I go into Wal-Mart, its all crap. And I wouldn't want to see Eisley in with them. The only music I've ever bought at Wal-Mart was a Pearl Jam DVD. I normally get my stuff at.. Futureshop (canadian Best Buy) and this local place. Or my dad. Free music via a radio station is always kickass.

2) 13-29

3) Maybe 55/45. Just because guys are drawn to the..ehm...Well lets call it hotness, as well as the music. Haha.