54%
 54%  [ 380 ]
Female
45%
 45%  [ 317 ]
Total Votes : 697

thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

just one thing.....how does the % work at the top? 60% male to 39% female. that makes 99% in a two option poll.....hmm....
David+
Sea Post King

I have read and I also believe that
Eisley creates timeless music.
What age limit does timeless music
appeal to? When I think of the word
timeless I think of any age, any, place,
any time. Timeless goes beyond our time.

Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

thesinisterpenguin wrote:
just one thing.....how does the % work at the top? 60% male to 39% female. that makes 99% in a two option poll.....hmm....

It's because the poll doesn't round up %s. The total number of voters is 136. 82 out of 136 is 60.3% and 54 out of 136 is 39.7%, which does add up to 100%. But the poll didn't round, so it got 60% and 39%, therefore equalling 99%.
Moral of the story: decimals are your friends.

thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

o...k....i think...
BK
Laughing Citizen

1. Wal-mart and target would be wonderful places to put the album as some people don't have some of the "bigger" stores around them. (Best Buy isn't everywhere, where as even small towns will have a Wal-mart close by)

2. My 2 year old nephew loves it when I play Eisley songs around the house, and of course you (boyd) know my 50+ year old dad that loves to see Eisley live.

3. You're likely to find more guys and quite frankly it because of the beautiful girls in the band.

Vintage Newbie

BK wrote:
3. You're likely to find more guys and quite frankly it because of the beautiful girls in the band.

i'm not that shallow. although it helps..... Very Happy
asattara
Sea Post King

1. Yes, it should be in Wal-mart. But then I live in Wal-martville USA - NW Arkansas. I mainly support the idea of putting it on Wal-mart's shelves because it would ultimately be convenient for me, since there is a Wal-mart or two within any given 10 mile radiusaround here.
Besides, I know money isn't everything, but it would be nice if the band could make enough to live comfortably, and having a giant like Wal-mart selling their ware would give that opportunity.

2. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a lot of Eisley fans fell between the 25-30 age bracket. I guess I say this because their music would appeal to those of us who enjoy alternative bands of the early/mid 90's like The Sundays, The Pixies, REM, The Cranberries, Moby, Bjork, etc. I know they may not necessarily sound just like these bands, but I think they fit right in with what was awesome about that era of music.

3. I think I would've guessed that girls would be more into Eisley than guys, but then....I know many guys who "dig" females that play guitar.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

asattara wrote:
1. Yes, it should be in Wal-mart. But then I live in Wal-martville USA - NW Arkansas.

Dude, I'm in SW Missouri, and I'm told that the largest Wal-Mart in the world is in my town. I have no way to verify that, of course. But we have like five Wal-Marts in town, and at least two more ten miles away.

Meanwhile, I would very much like to see Eisley's album in Wal-Mart. I very likely wouldn't buy it there, choosing instead to support a local place or perhaps Borders. But Wal-Mart is a proven influence on record sales, and this could be a big deal.

I am twenty, and I love Eisley. One of my friends' younger siblings love Eisley; they are 13 and 8. My parents loved Laughing City when I made them listen to it. My friends, who tend to range from 16 to 24, love Eisley.

I would expect Eisley's fan base to have more girls, but like many have said before me, guys dig chicks with guitars. In fact, I suspect one of my friends of being an Eisley fan almost entirely because of Sherri. As long as it gets people to listen to the music, motivation isn't really a big deal.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BK
Laughing Citizen

BK wrote:

I'm not that shallow either, but I still think they are beautiful and have seen a number of people come through asking the girls to go out with them then taking off after a not so warm reception from others. Rolling Eyes
Vintage Newbie

BK wrote:
BK wrote:

I'm not that shallow either, but I still think they are beautiful and have seen a number of people come through asking the girls to go out with them then taking off after a not so warm reception from others. Rolling Eyes

cool. the girls are artists not objects. every girl in fact.
BK
Laughing Citizen

BK wrote:
BK wrote:

cool. the girls are artists not objects. every girl in fact.
If I ever refer to a girl as an object it's "love of my life". No worries here.
Laughing Citizen

BK saved my life once.

true story.

Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1640 | Location: California....
BK
Laughing Citizen

abductee wrote:
BK saved my life once.

true story.
Yeah. How does it go again?
Vintage Newbie

BK wrote:

Of course you'd say that about the women of Eisley. You're Sherri!

BK
Laughing Citizen

EisleyForever wrote:
BK wrote:
Of course you'd say that about the women of Eisley. You're Sherri!
Shhhh... Rolling Eyes