Laughing City
asattara
Sea Post King

I found Eisley in the one-eyed devil.
I work at a coffee shop and stare at a big screen t.v. which is consistently tuned into TVU on Sky-Angel. Most bands I see on TVU are, not to be cruel, stupid and unoriginal. Okay, that was cruel, but true.
I'm glad that they at least have enough taste to air an Eisley video. Hooray!
Since there are only about 15 videos that play over and over AND OVER AND OVER again, I can look forward to seeing the Eisley video at least 4 or 5 times a day. It is a light in an otherwise dark and boring music video world.
Last edited by asattara on Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total
breauxman
Vintage Newbie

Hello! Welcome to the board. I first heard of Eisley from MTV believe it or not. They were on an episode of 'you hear it first' or something like that. I checked them out and haven't turned back since.
Joined: 04 Oct 2004 | Posts: 2264 | Location: Lost and Found
stpddrummerboy88
Lost at Forum

i first heard of em through jon pelkey, we were listening to a vineyard soundtrack thing and i said wow....they have some wierd people dancin on this dvd....and he said yup...there funko dancin i invented it...and i said funko dancin...invented by me with the help of the duprees...and i said duprees?...and he said yup a family i became great friends with while i was in texas and i said texas? and he said yup texas...then we talked more and he mentioned they were in a band called eisley...and my sister said eisley? i heard that in my magazine...and i said magazine? she said yup went and got it and sure enough jon said thats them duprees...and then i checked online found the siten liestened to the music and i was hooked ever since
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

i saw them open at V2003 in England! what a day....
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I first heard of them on MTV2 Subterranean. Now I'm addicted.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Last edited by Pantheon4 on Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
standingcareful
Golly, Poster

my friend let me listen to Marvy Things and I was hooked.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I had heard they were touring with Coldplay last year, and that piqued my interest. Then, one day in Wal-Mart, I happened across an issue of Blender magazine with Thom Yorke on the cover. As I flipped through the pages on my way to the interview, I noticed a one-page Eisley story. The magazine had such lovely things to say about the band that I felt compelled to check them out. After a city-wide search for Laughing City, I found one (!) copy of the EP in Borders and snatched it up immediately.

I'll never forget how I felt that late-summer evening when I put the CD into my car's CD player and heard the first notes of "I Wasn't Prepared." Then I got home, checked out the enhanced CD content, joined this forum, and started a thread just like this one. That was over a year ago. Wow.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Andrew
Lost at Forum

I went to a superchic(k) show back in 00-01 cant remeber really eisley openend but I missed it got to meet boyd though. Went to alot more of their shows got to know them and the rest is history. I think the first time I actually saw them play was the Power FM awards 01 pretty sure that was it.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gRegor
the gEek

boyd and I were in 'Nam together.
supposedly.

sizeablescars
Golly, Poster

I was watching Brand New on IMX on Fuse. They got to choose their own videos. So they played Marvelous Things. I liked the song, checked out more online, and ended up here a few months later (I don't know why it took so long).
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

I looked everywere... finally, I lifted one of the cushions and there they were... my keys

oh, wait, I just read the whole thread

I found eisley through the Coldplay board
once I was reading some stuff and I saw a thread about Eisley
I found their site, downloaded some songs, and loved them!
some months later, I joined the forum

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
merry andrew
Sea Post King

Pantheon4 wrote:
I first heard of them on MTV2 Subterranean. Now I'm addicted.

Yes. Thank you MTV2 Subterranean!
Joined: 22 Sep 2004 | Posts: 196 | Location: Redmond, WA, USA
magnetic headbot
Laughing Citizen

i saw them open for Brand New and i just fell in love with the music. It was so pertty.

Last.fm.etsy.tumblr
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

its an interesting story actually, because Eisley and i are really bounded by fate.
Recently i looked through my stacks of old magazines and noticed that i have in my possesion, 3, yes 3 magazines that pre-date my appearence on the forum by up to a year. It seems that i repeatedly saw articles for this band from Texas ( There's also a Rolling Stone issue that mentioned them at SXSW, but i don't own it, i think i read it at the barber shop) and i merely glanced over them, never remembering one from the other or reall paying attention to who they were.

Then, one day at the north campus dining hall here at the University of Maryland fate intervened big time. Preying on my restored interest in the opposite sex, MTVU (which is constantly played at said dining establishment) made sure to put Eisley's "Marvelous Things" into their rotation. Fate also made it possible for the sound to be off and for the only available table to be the one right next to the TV.

When Marvy Things came on, me and my friends Scott and Alex watched the soundless video, saying things like "These kids look real sad..." or "Man...that's it...i'm buying a telecaster" Meanwhile i was captivated by the beauty of the Duprees, and found it necessary to find out what this band was and where, if at all, i can see them live. Quick trip to the internet afforded me a pirated copy of the Laughing City EP (i bought it a month later) and this here forum, where i was able to stream the video.

The rest as they say...is history...

EisGuy
Sea Post King

I too discovered Eisley on Sky Angels TVU. The Marvelous Things video was playing on Ten Most Wanted ( Thier version of TRL where the top ten most requested songs are played) I of course instantly fell in love with the music, then the band, then the forum, and boyd, and drunkard turtle, i mean grandpa, and all you guys and....
Joined: 24 Apr 2004 | Posts: 210 | Location: Johnstown Pennsylvania