Laughing City
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

gets proggressively faster
the old EP2 version was slower than the Laughing City version and now Room Noises has sped it up even faster.
Maybe on the next album we'll just hear the chipmunks sing it...hyper fast...crazy...

BeastieEastie
Golly, Poster

or maybe the ninja turtles can join in with some Ninja Rap

Do you smell that? What is it?
Joined: 24 Oct 2004 | Posts: 895 | Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AzureDreams
Sea Post King

I heard it in concert recently and it was amazing how much faster they played it. It sounded just right though. Perfect
Eisley just keeps getting better and better.What an amazing talent Very Happy
AzureDreams
Sea Post King

I also think that they added in another verse that they took off for the ep.
I don't know if the verse is on the cd though. anyone know?
Andrew
Lost at Forum

Dear Mathew (I wonder) Why can you see your just not near enough like me with your telescope eyes metal teeth I cant be seen with you.

The old and the new in parenthesis.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

You know ... I'm kind of glad the name is gone. I just don't really like random names in songs like that. But I'm not sure any of the other TE changes were needed. Each of the there have their good and bad points, though. My only real gripe witht thenew one is some of the seemingly pointless forced lyric changes.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
phoenixdown
Vintage Newbie

"You freak" -> "you see"? Dumb. I wonder how Eisley's not allowed to say "freak" when rappers on the same label are allowed to sing about ****ing a ***** in the ***.
ideal
Sea Post King

i wasn't so upset with the switch from "freak" to "see" because i actually prefer the latter on an aesthetic level.

However, i am pretty upset by a similar change in Lost At Sea... instead of saying "pallid" sherri uses the word "thoughtful", which sounds very forced after hearing the original version, plus pallid was one of the words that best expressed the mood of the song... obviously not i guess....

gRegor
the gEek

Taking out "freak" takes away a lot of the poignancy of the song, I think. I'm still annoyed by it.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I'm bothered somewhat by the freak thing, but really, it's a darn fine song no matter what version we're talking about. The LC version could have used better production, but so could the beloved EP2 version.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gameboybob
Vintage Newbie

they shortened the song. im jsut wondering why they took out verses. i have a couple versions of the song, and the new one is 2 minutes shorter., most likely due to the faster pace of the song, but im thinking its cause they took out bunch of lyrics.

Sad

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=gameboybob

http://www.myspace.com/thegameboy
Joined: 01 Aug 2003 | Posts: 5453 | Location: Nagoya, Japan
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Gameboybob wrote:
they shortened the song. im jsut wondering why they took out verses. i have a couple versions of the song, and the new one is 2 minutes shorter., most likely due to the faster pace of the song, but im thinking its cause they took out bunch of lyrics.

Sad

I think the pace shortens it, and possibly less repetition. Because the original wasn't high on the word count anyway.

Think of it this way: There are now three versions of Telescope Eyes to enjoy.

Gameboybob
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Gameboybob wrote:

Sad

I think the pace shortens it, and possibly less repetition. Because the original wasn't high on the word count anyway.

Think of it this way: There are now three versions of Telescope Eyes to enjoy.

yeah, i guess your right. but i am actaully enjoying the new versions of lost at sea...

Wink

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=gameboybob

http://www.myspace.com/thegameboy
Joined: 01 Aug 2003 | Posts: 5453 | Location: Nagoya, Japan
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

When I heard it live I thought they had put the freak back in "you freak" (Ha ... ha ... like the phrase.), but now that I hear the recording and the sound is clearer I see that it's "you see". I don't like that ... I was excited about the new version when I heard it live, but I don't like the recording. I think it's good when played live, though.

This version just sounds a bit empty to me ... like it's going to fast for the meaning to sink in. I think freak gave it more "punch" factor.

I might like it better when it's surrounded by more Eisley on the album, though.

robbie
Vintage Newbie

I am among those that misses the freak part. I still like it as it is now, but I always have the old version to quench my freakish thirst.
Joined: 17 Jun 2004 | Posts: 2249 | Location: Kansas City, MO

goto page
 | next >>