Laughing City
surfacinghl
Sea Post King

I'm freaking out to be quite honest....

I have this memory plastered in my head of these three little blond girls singing outside on the final night of a teen mania camp that my youth group went to one summer. I remember thinking about how amazing these kids were as they sang a cover of a Chasing Furies song that I couldn't give a name to other than "a song sarah and (can't remember the brother's name) wrote as a worship song after having gone through a rough time."

A couple years later, they're playing at enthos (the only semi-decent music scene we have way down here) and my friends are falling in love with them & following them around cornerstone.

Then, a couple weeks ago, I open up my rollingstone and flip! "That's them!! The towheads!! I saw them when they were like five!!" (Yes, it's a major exaggeration, but go with me on this one...)

How awesome that they've come this far. I feel like in some random, disconnected way I've watched them grow up. It's pretty incredible.

Congratulations, guys! Ya'll were stunning then, and haven't dimmed a bit.

Hope
letdowntourist
Lost at Forum

ahh... another that dates back there. i think a few of us have been around since them. sit down, stay a while. we're fun people. sometimes.

p.s. - you should see em now. wow.

to what i did and said

piccysssssss
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

im wasn't lucky enough to hear them that long ago... but i've been around (not the forum but liking the band) for at least two years or so now and it is amazing whats happen(ed/ing)... im envious of all you towhead fans though, i was still listening to MxPx back in those days Embarassed

I had the old burned ep from the last time they came down here, but I've had this new one on repeat non-stop...well...since yesterday afternoon...but still! ::laughs::

I would have loved to see them with Coldplay...

Hope
 |  | 
dpwrchick
Sea Post King

Yeah it's amazing to see them now... vrs then. i remeber how shy, and scared they seemed back then. Now they are so confident and just soooo amazing! I knew back then that they would go far... here they are.... I'm so excited for them!
daniel t hall
Sea Post King

ilitherian wrote:
... i was still listening to MxPx back in those days Embarassed

haha i was listening to MxPx then as well..wait..i still amm...well nothing since slowly going the way of the buffallo

dpwrchick
Sea Post King

so you were what then dear... 10.... Smile
haha i'm just teasing ... Smile
u know i love u!

Hey, i still listen to MXPX too! Smile

kris
Ubernerd Moderator

the towheads... whoaa.
i'm just a moss eisley fan. Embarassed

letdowntourist
Lost at Forum

kris wrote:
the towheads... whoaa.
i'm just a moss eisley fan. Embarassed

you suck then.

to what i did and said

piccysssssss
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

poo on you, justin.
InModWeTrust
Sea Post King

dpwrchick wrote:
Hey, i still listen to MXPX too! Smile

ok... let's just get this out of the way... sure MxPx is poppunk... and sure my tastes have more than expanded since i first got into them. but mike hererra is an AMAZING song writer and they are uber nice guys. Everything they do is good, regardless of genre.

as far as i thought, MxPx was just an understood, am i right? no guilty pleasures involved. I can wear my mxpx belt buckle to an indie show and it's just like a wink and a nod and an understood "hey... i started there too." try to have a similar experience with another poppypunky band... no sir. not gonna happen.

mxpx are my roots... i've been into them for like 10 years since i was 14 and i've seen them live 24 times. Even if i dont listen to them everyday now... i can't stop being an honest fan. come on y'all!

who's with me???

InModWeTrust
Sea Post King

hmmm.. .maybe i should have posted this in the "bands other than eisley" section.

heh heh.

gRegor
the gEek

I dig MxPx too and am proud of it. Granted, they're not in my rotation a lot, but I still really enjoy them.
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

i still like MxPx i just don't find myself in the mood for them much these days... but i was about 10 when i started listening to them...
markymark106
Golly, Poster

ilitherian wrote:
i still like MxPx i just don't find myself in the mood for them much these days... but i was about 10 when i started listening to them...

ditto

goto page
 | next >>