50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
no
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 22

bloodthirsty
Sea Post King

my friends mom once told me valentines's day is about the girl. i agree. i think guys should get up and do something sweeet for their girlfriends. it's not about the guy. what are some of ur opinions?
Shain
Vintage Newbie

its about marketing and card companies more than anything.
Sea Post King

oh i know that i dont even like valentines day. some of my friends were argueing about what to get their boyfriends and i told them this. they think i am nuts.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

I think that would be kind of selfish ... if you're in a relationship, isn't it partly about giving?

I don't think guys care as much about it, but I also think Valentine's Day is silly anyway. I don't see why anyone cares about it anymore ... there's little effort. Couples who do make an effort are different, though. But you can do something special for a loved one on any other day, and itwould be impromptu and unrequired and nicer.

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

yeah, that's some nonsense...you can live in your patriarchal society and let the men folk take care of the women folk, or you can stand up for equality and give your man a box of chocolates...
relationships are not one sided, it's a back and forth, equality and sharing love with one another. I refuse to accept valentine's day, something about focusing so much more attention on one day seems wrong...why not spread the love out equally over everyday and love each other all the time?

AFrozenRedRose
Sea Post King

i don't understand valentines day. I mean, why do you have to show someone that you love them ONLY on that one day. Shouldn't you be always showing it. I thinks buying expensive things and taking your love to a fancy place is just over kill. It just doesn't make sense thats all...
<3

bloodthirsty
Sea Post King

chill out people i was just making a comment. i dont even believe in valentines day. it's a stupid holiday that is overly played up. if your not gorgeous or married or dating someone its pointless

(iff the record)it means more to girls than guys. maybe if guys spent more time giving attention to their girls there wouldnt be a need for such a silly hoiday.

Ihadanepiphany
Sea Post King

I guess I used to think on the one side of stupid holiday. It's just a marketing ploy and all that. I thought that it seems dumb that guys have to make a certain day to celebrate their women. I'm more of a "Just because I love you" gift guy. Pick random days and all that. But it seems somewhat special to have everyone in the world celebrating love on the same day. that is amazing when you think about it.
Shain
Vintage Newbie

EisleyForever wrote:
I think that would be kind of selfish ... if you're in a relationship, isn't it partly about giving?

I don't think guys care as much about it, but I also think Valentine's Day is silly anyway. I don't see why anyone cares about it anymore ... there's little effort. Couples who do make an effort are different, though. But you can do something special for a loved one on any other day, and itwould be impromptu and unrequired and nicer.

if you were into being romantic, you would do it every day of the year, and valentines would be a waste of time. and if you arent then valentines is just an annoying day to have to buy flowers or something.

I am the romantic type, and I think that makes me have a different idea about gift giving holidays. If you really loved someone wouldnt you buy them a gift when its not mandatory? I feel pressured to give people stuff on those days. and I am certainly truthful when I say I want to gift someone felt they had to give me.

Vintage Newbie

http://www.eisley.org/viewtopic.php?t=12207
Sea Post King

Shain wrote:
its about marketing and card companies more than anything.

Exactly.