Laughing City
berlies_
Lost at Forum

I was wondering what format you think Eisley is going to be released on. I was talking about this with Kyle and we had said that they would most likely be released onto a Top 40 station rather than an Alternative/Rock station...

Ideally this might be the case if Top 40 was what it used to be 3 years ago. But its not. Eisley wouldnt fit there at all anymore inbetween the processed vocals and drum machines.

So, I guess they would have to break on an Alt/Rock station, although they are pretty different from what is played on that too. I realized the other day that there are now female artists currently in rotation on our rock station KROQ.

What do you all think about this? Where do you think they will best fit? Boyd, if you read this, maybe you can give us some insight as to what format WB is shooting for.

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Soft Rock is my guess

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

On the only station in my town that still bills itself as a rock station, I have heard one female fronted band in the past four years, and that was Evanescence. Maybe "Telescope Eyes" would have a shot at that format, but even that might be considered too "soft."

One of the local ClearChannel (gag) stations plays "pop hits of the 80s, 90s, and now," and that's really where I can see Eisley gaining a foothold. I've heard everything from Enya dance remixes to Nickleback on that station... It would have to be someplace with plenty of variety. Eisley just doesn't fit in any one category.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

I don't see anything wrong with being big on college radio. As a lot of us have been or are college students, everyone knows they buy lots of records, too.
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

berlies_ wrote:
Ideally this might be the case if Top 40 was what it used to be 3 years ago.

IMO 3 years ago top 40 still sucked a lot. You would have to go back pretty far to find a time when top 40 was overwhelmingly good

-ben

PS™ dont ask me when though...

Vintage Newbie

Retrovertigo wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with being big on college radio. As a lot of us have been or are college students, everyone knows they buy lots of records, too.

i play eisley all the time on my show. however, wb didn't seem too eager to promote them, since they completely ignored my phone calls and emails about getting a promo copy of the record.
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

ryan fisher wrote:
Retrovertigo wrote:

i play eisley all the time on my show. however, wb didn't seem too eager to promote them, since they completely ignored my phone calls and emails about getting a promo copy of the record.

yeah, fish is right, WB doesn't seem to care all that much bout us College Radio folks...but i care too damn much about Eisley to let that stop me...i'll find a way...

daniel t hall
Sea Post King

top 40, no doubt
BK
Laughing Citizen

In Dallas, they'll get the most play on the only rock station that's left.
Sea Post King

BK wrote:

thats what I hear....
but my brother called in the other day on an alternative station in Kansas City and asked them to play some Eisley, and the dj sounded really excited about him knowing about them. and started saying that they were infact going to start playing them because sherri sings an entire song on good charlotte's band straylight run (WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?)......and...thats it.

merry andrew
Sea Post King

Levi wrote:
sherri sings an entire song on good charlotte's band straylight run (WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?)

I don't understand. It's almost like saying that stacy sings an entire sandwich on waterpark's head stimpack sleep.
Joined: 22 Sep 2004 | Posts: 196 | Location: Redmond, WA, USA
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

merry andrew wrote:
Levi wrote:
sherri sings an entire song on good charlotte's band straylight run (WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?)

I don't understand. It's almost like saying that stacy sings an entire sandwich on waterpark's head stimpack sleep.

Boyd? Is that you?

Seriously though, I don't think Sherri has sung any songs for Straylight Run... And I'm not even sure that Straylight Run is Good Charlotte's band. Unless they're opening for them or something. And even then, not really.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

BK wrote:

I doubt 93.3 "The Bone" will play Eisley much.

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

top 40. They have a catchy poppy sound. I think we just can't picture Eisley being on the radio because we haven't heard them on the radio. I think that once given some air time we will begin to realize Eisley is much more radio friendly than we thought they were.

I really don't think people are so closed minded they won't accept it. There are tons of different styles of music out there right now. Take a look...

Britney Spears
Vanessa Carlton
Switchfoot
Good Charlotte
The Used
Ashanti
Gwen Stefani
The Killers
Snow Patrol
Snoop Dogg
Chevelle
Jimmy Eat World

There are so many different kinds of music on the radio. Something that appeals to almost everyone. Those are just the bands/singers I could think up off the top of my head.

Take Snow Patrol for example? I bet the people that knew Snow Patrol before the Eisley tour and before they began to get airplay couldn't picture them being on the radio until it happened.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
lostjeremy
Sea Post King

Actually this weekend (thanks to an old coworker whos now a DJ) they suppose to get a song of airtime on a hip hop station I-94 The most played station in HI. If it gets played during rush hour I would guess 100K listeners?
Joined: 09 Aug 2004 | Posts: 189 | Location: Tyler, TX & Mililani, HI