Laughing City
ben
Sea Post King

do you have to login to vote at

http://launch.yahoo.com/promotions/whosnext/ to vote.

for eisley? i read instructions somewhere but tried without logging in and
SEEMED to work. can you vote multiple times and it count every vote?

thanks,
ben
Shain
Vintage Newbie

maybe this is cheating, but I have voted like 8 times from different computers.

should I admit that?

Vintage Newbie

I don't think you have to be logged in to vote, but your vote might not count multiple times. I'm registering 100 Yahoo usernames just for this purpose, and I don't even know if it will count those, since it might work based off of IP addresses.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

hey! welcome to the board!

first time I voted without logging in, cuz I didn´t know I had to.
it seemed to work

then I found the news on e-merge and it said I had to log in.
so I did
it seemed to work

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shain
Vintage Newbie

well then they only have two votes from me. one from each of my screen names.
Vintage Newbie

I voted

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Florencia
Laughing Citizen

when I logged in I voted like I don't know how many times...and always closing the little window that pop's up saying: "thanksª your vote has been..." and...I...thought it worked everytime...so if like I stayed a whole day voting...then Eisley would obviously win...but I guess...that doesnºt really make any sense...

cause then the bands could hire...mm...let's call them "clickers" and...yeah...you know what I mean

An apt and true reply was given to Alexander the Great by a pirate who had been seized. For when that king had asked the man what he meant by keeping hostile possession of the sea, he answered with bold pride.
'What thou meanest by seizing the whole earth; but because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, whilst thou who dost it with a great fleet art styled emperor."
Noam Chomsky
Joined: 01 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1738 | Location: in this fake plastic world
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gRegor
the gEek

I emailed Yahoo Launch to find out how their voting works. I haven't heard back yet. I suspect it's one vote per IP address, though.
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

so, if it´s that way, dial-uppers can vote many times, right?

Visit my Pic Album!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

gRegor wrote:
I emailed Yahoo Launch to find out how their voting works. I haven't heard back yet. I suspect it's one vote per IP address, though.

but that would rule out one computer families. i think it might be one per ID...but then they get loadsa people signing up just to vote and then never use the account again..
but i don't know.
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

woha! I got teleported from General to the blog
I clicked the thread in General, and when I got back, I found myself in the eisleyblog

that was cool Laughing Razz

Visit my Pic Album!
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

Laughing hahaha...awesome... Razz