Laughing City

Do you think those recordings are bad for Eisley's debut album?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 47

rubbersoul
Sea Post King

About two weeks ago, I got an email for the new Eisley media player .....blah, blah, whatever, and I am extremely disappointed, ......well sorta. I hope that those song recordings aren't signs of what's to come. In the song I Wasn't Prepared, Great start even though I originally liked the grand piano that sounded like it was a dust-the-ole-piano-off-and-start-playing thing, where you didn't expect much of a change until, Bam!!! The rest of the band starts playing from behind the curtains, that suddenly opens up,
and they rock on to create an awesome song that would sit in my record collection. But, they changed that a little, which isn't entirely bad until It gets toward some of the harmony parts. The harmony parts sound great, like a Blue Jay Way-Beatles, drift-off thing. Which is good for a while, but then the harmony parts start being too much for the song, like its being forced to be something it isn't. Especially in the bridge thing, she sounds too much like a guy because of too many overdubs. It's freaky! In Telescope eyes, awesome song, but why increase the speed?!? I was so disappointed with this one! The song isn't just that kind of a song to be at that speed! The opening riff is awesome though, but it still doesn't save the song. The best part or my favorite part, is when the awesome drum solo starts and it just brings the song to a whole new level, like a good ending on a movie, but now its shortened!!! WHY?!?!?!? The song was very well put together, but now its not. The other song, .......I never heard to much of except Golly Sandra, which is exceptional. The last song I heard that was disappointing was Lost at sea. I was pretty good with a celtic feel to it, sorta Pink Floydish chorus, but the remix?!?!? Why?!?!? I mean what good bands over the years, the really good ones, had remix takes on their debut album??!? Now it sounds like when David Gilmore in the 80's went solo and put out the most boring songs that drag so bad with the occasional guitar riff in hand. I think the are trying to merge with radio, which i've seen denied, but on many occasions I find it to sound kinda false. I can imagine that playing the song the same way for months and years would get extremely boing, but I don't think it would serve the band justice to try to appeal out to that type of crowd.
I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I'm just giving my true opinion on the part of what I've heard so far. Die hard Eisley fans don't hurt me, I think they're a very good talented band. The girls rock so much that it makes it seem like all girls have potential to rock!!! I love that they're a sibling band, ....like a Allman brothers band, but like Allman sisters and brothers band thing. I first started listening to Eisley and have been rooting them on, but I just had to give an opinion about this. I absolutely love the live performances I heard so far. And just so everyone knows what my musical tastes are to make a even effective review, I am a musicain, whose favorite bands and solo artists are : The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jeff Buckley, The Doors, Muse, Coldplay, Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Counting Crows, The Smiths, Wallflowers, Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Cat Stevens, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, The Who, Ramones, Bush, Pearl jam, Collective Soul, U2, Eagles, Steve Miller Band, Allman Brothers Band, Bob Segar, The Black Crows, Sam Cooke, Janis Joplin, Etta James, Susan Tedeschi, Darrell Scott, The Temptations, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, James Taylor, Tom Petty, Fats Domino, Miles Davis, Nina Simone, Third Day, Wilco, Bleach, Audio Audrenaline, Pocket full of Rocks, Mary's Den, Norah Jones, Lynard Skynard, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Huddie Ledbelly, The White Stripes, The Strokes, Bessie Smith, Franz Ferdinand, Bob Marley, Otis Redding, Polaris, Leonard Cohen, Police, Ray Charles, The Kinks, Oasis, The Rolling Stones, Yes, Rush, MC5,
Ted Nugent, Nickel Creek, The Commitments, ZZTop, Bukka White, Mississippi John Hurt, Howlin' Wolf, Jimmie Rodgers, Sonny Boy Terri, Richie Valens, Mavin Gaye, Al Green, Bill Monroe, Eisley, and I think that's about it.... I have been told I listen to "Oldies" and "Random" Music, but I love music its my passion in life. I have tried to be as open minded as I can when it comes to music, and I have expanded my play-range in musical instruments, so I've grown up and found all that is in my favorites list of music. I hope this opinion was insightful and not to harsh for other Eisley fans...
Signing off,

Dak from Shreveport, LA

giant_
Laughing Citizen

Many will tell you that I was pretty dissapointed with the new recordings. Golly Sandra and Telescope Eyes were the first songs to grow on me. The new I Wasnt Prepaird is still not there for me, so many vocal effects, over powering and hurting my ears Embarassed I much perfer the laidback original version.

I love hip hop, love the remix, but am not a fan of including a remix on an album, when the original is also on it. I was wondering if the band had any say when it came to including the remix of Lost At Sea with Room Noises. I love the original. tho those darn over-dubs and effects during the making circles in the water part are too darn much again.

but

I must say these are not cd quality versions of the songs. So I must really wait and hear the real thing before I make any final judgements

giant_
Laughing Citizen

also I wouldnt say they blow, they are just more radio friendly.
Andy
Sea Post King

I'm sure that the band likes to hear both sides, as would all sites.

I can see where you're coming from with some of the points, but some, I see very invalid.

I mainly see everything as invalid. Although you did back up your opinions and thoughts surrounding the songs you didn't like, or did like, but as soon as you said "Blows", I just didn't even care what you though. If you can't think up a better descriptive word then blows, then you, sir(s), do not deserve my time. Good day.

President Dwight D. Eisenhower
Joined: 15 Jun 2003 | Posts: 109 | Location: Ontario, Canada
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

don't worry, no one's gonna cut you down for saying you didn't like the new recordings, you're entitled to your opinion.
personally i love the new version of I Wasn't Prepared, when stacy's vocals come in, man, beautiful. i was floored the first time i saw it.
I think everyone agrees that the new telescope eyes is...eh...it's ok, but all us hardcore Eisley fans love that EP2 version that is wicked awesome. The band themselves seem to not like Telescope Eyes either, but WB sees the radio hit potential.
And that's probably what's causing this radio-esque feel that you aren't digging, danged management and record execs need to make money and they want this stuff to sound good to as many people as possible.
Oh yeah...and i like the lost at sea remix too...that sort of reggae feel...but that's just me, i like weird beats Very Happy
I also think there are plenty of fans on here who are sort of disappointed with some of the songs, for me the new mix of MArvelous Things is not as good as the old one, it's still a great song (they're all still great songs) but, i don't know, maybe i just grew attached to the old one...

The most important part of this record is not the old songs though me thinks, its the new stuff, Golly Sandra, My Lovely, Trolly Wood, Plenty of Paper...mmmm....Plenty of Paper...*drool*

im_so_scene
Sea Post King

Andy wrote:
I'm sure that the band likes to hear both sides, as would all sites.

I can see where you're coming from with some of the points, but some, I see very invalid.

I mainly see everything as invalid. Although you did back up your opinions and thoughts surrounding the songs you didn't like, or did like, but as soon as you said "Blows", I just didn't even care what you though. If you can't think up a better descriptive word then blows, then you, sir(s), do not deserve my time. Good day.

agreed.

1010010110LOVE101001001
0101100101HATE0101001010
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

They don't blow. It's just you. Wink

Welcome to the board, by the way. Starting off with a controversy, eh? Don't worry though; I don't think anyone will hold a grudge against you for voicing your feelings here. I hope we haven't scared you off.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
im_so_scene
Sea Post King

i think you should go to this thread (http://eisley.org/viewtopic.php?t=11587) and listen to those songs. because they are marvelous (no pun intended).

1010010110LOVE101001001
0101100101HATE0101001010
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

....here we go.... Rolling Eyes
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

"I can't handle change."

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
"I can't handle change."

get a wallet. or some pockets. that'll sort the problem.
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

thesinisterpenguin wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
"I can't handle change."

Laughing Laughing Laughing
omg I can´t stop laughing Laughing

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
"I can't handle change."

Well, how do you know when the problem is an inability to handle change... and when it's a legitimate feeling these particular changes are what are disliked?

Personally, I can't say I'm disappointed with anything I've heard. Golly Sandra bugged me the very first listen, but that was only because I was used to hearing it a certain way. Now I've grown to like it a lot.

I'll just wait until the album comes out for real... and then I can hear some CD quality tracks and see what they do to me. Everybody else should do the same.

Nobody should be upset by a few people's negative opinions anyway. It's gonna happen. It's inevitable. Just wait until Eisley gets really big... and then lots of people are gonna bash them for whatever reason. But hey... it could be worse for Kim. You could be Ashlee Simpson's mom.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

Vegetable wrote:
thesinisterpenguin wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
"I can't handle change."

Laughing Laughing Laughing
omg I can´t stop laughing Laughing

put your head in a freezer. that'll stop it.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

i think you liked them more than your thread title intends. you like one song, then dislike only some parts of the other ones. certainly that doesn't make them blow?

(i like all of them btw... except for the remix. why did they do that again?)