Laughing City
CHRIS~!
Golly, Poster

How come every picture of Eisley nowadays has the band just staring into the camera with a blank or angry expression? Just wondering why no smiles? Aren't they happy to be making music for us?
merry andrew
Sea Post King

You don't have to smile to be happy!
Joined: 22 Sep 2004 | Posts: 196 | Location: Redmond, WA, USA
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

i have theories...but i won't explain them in public...

except one: do you see bands smiling in their photos? nope, it's just a band thing, they have to look hardcore and serious...for some reason...Eisley still smiles, i seen em do it...just not for these "professional" photo shoots

KyleRossP
Sea Post King

I agree.....the "official" promo photos or whatever you call them are nearly all with blank faces and serious stares.....while the photos are beautiful, they look like zombies....
that is a total contrast to their music, and their personalities.
There should be many more photos with smiling laughing faces....
bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

I guess it's just a requirement that they have professional group photos done, and they're probably directed to look a certain way. I think that the band members' own photography is just as high quality, and is certainly more personal and meaningful.
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

I´ve seen recent pics of them smiling...
besides, the fact that they´re not smiling in pictures doesn´t mean they´re not happy. A picture represents just a fraction of a second of your whole life

As we all know, happiness is a very complex thing:

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer; not to love is to suffer; to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy, then, is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be happy, one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness."

Laughing

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

KyleRossP wrote:
I agree.....the "official" promo photos or whatever you call them are nearly all with blank faces and serious stares.....while the photos are beautiful, they look like zombies....

mmm... I don´t agree
I have seen NO pictures where they look like zombies...

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Don't you guys get it yet? They're too cool to smile now. I guess that happens with the release of your debut LP. Rolling Eyes Laughing

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
gRegor
the gEek

They're jaded.
NO, not really

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Try having 600 pictures taken of you in one setting and see what they come up with Cool
breauxman
Vintage Newbie

Haven't you guys ever heard of Faith+1? You either have to stare away from the camera in pensiveness, or look directly at the camera with indifference.
Joined: 04 Oct 2004 | Posts: 2264 | Location: Lost and Found
bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

breauxman wrote:
Haven't you guys ever heard of Faith+1? You either have to stare away from the camera in pensiveness, or look directly at the camera with indifference.

Hahaha! I was thinking of that when I first saw this thread, because yesterday I saw that episode for the first time (I don't have cable, and so I never watch that). It was exceptionally irreverant, but the majority of what was said and depicted was painfully true. Hilarious...
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

y'all all wrong.

it because they is rapper homeboys these days.
observe:

i win. you lose. Laughing
stpddrummerboy88
Lost at Forum

you win nothing...clearly usher is smiling there, even nelly...and look at lud to the chris ludacris he's as happy of a chipper as can be
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

shh. i didn't make it.
i was just trying to prove a small point.
fool.