Laughing City
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

those of you in the know may be aware of this mammoth undertaking that i have...under...taken... but for those of you who don't (losaa!)let me explain.
I'm collecting photos, videos, stories and in general everything that has to do with the history of Eisley from conception to the release of Room Noises. My plan is to create some sort of media (most like a webpage, flash based) that documents this history in excruciating detail exposing all the great times and stories to newbies who don't know them and keeping them all fresh for old folks who do.
The project gets bigger and bigger as i uncover more and more, and god willing i'm going to try and score some interviews with the band members individually (don't ask me how yet...everything is pending)
Anyway, assistance has already been provided by Gameboybob and Saellys, so i was thinking, since this is for the board, and all of you guys have pics you've taken, or heck even a story to tell. So here's the plan so that you guys can help out and make this project significantly more awesome

Send me anything you've got on Eisley. Pictures you took at a show, if you have video please PLEASE send me that too, that would be awesome, or even if you've just got a story to tell, no matter the content of the story, as long as it involves Eisley.
send anything you've got to [url]eisleyhistory@gmail.com[/url] and if you want to any emotional, financial or professional assistance is always appreciated, though you don't have to if you don't want to (though emotional support would be greatly appreciated)

So get sendin kids, we're gonna make the biggest frickin Eisley history imaginable, heck it may be more useful than Eisley.com Laughing j/k

Shain
Vintage Newbie

boyd might beat you up if people quit going to his site.

I am not telling you not to do it, I am just saying be careful. and thouroughly watch your back.

and btw I will send you some bootlesgs I got from the coldplay tour.

Sea Post King

I sent you an email already.

President Dwight D. Eisenhower
Joined: 15 Jun 2003 | Posts: 109 | Location: Ontario, Canada
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

thanks guys the help is much appreciated, and boyd is well aware of this project, even more so than you guys at the moment. Besides, Eisley.com is to introduce new fans to the band (since the url is the first thing anyone can think of and the info is perfect for someone who knows nothing) this...thing (not sure entirely what it is yet) is hardcore, huge, and you gotta at least own an album to even care about it. hahaha.
endlessdays
Golly, Poster

I've been thinking about selling some of my Eisley memorabilia. I have the Origin article, ep2, "vintage" show posters, pretty much everything there is to have pre-signing except for the Observer article.

How much is it worth to ya? Laughing

Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

I can make 3D stuff... logos and such... if you need anything like that, just let me know, I´ll be happy to help you

I wish I could help with somethin else, but... I´m useless...

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gRegor
the gEek

I can PHP like nobody's business.
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

i won't help you.

not at all.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

gRegor wrote:

I'm planning to host this behemoth on the new Orange Gold and Green, and I don't know how good Andrew is with that kind of thing, so I will almost certainly need your help. Smile

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
gRegor wrote:

I'm planning to host this behemoth on the new Orange Gold and Green, and I don't know how good Andrew is with that kind of thing, so I will almost certainly need your help. Smile

hahaha, she's spot on with that man. Andy up there offered similar help as well, this is great, all you guys rule, you make this project seem like a lot less work Very Happy

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

endlessdays wrote:
I've been thinking about selling some of my Eisley memorabilia. I have the Origin article, ep2, "vintage" show posters, pretty much everything there is to have pre-signing except for the Observer article.

How much is it worth to ya? Laughing

hahahaha, those articles are definately worth something i'll say that, but it's pretty easy to find scans of the posters. but seriously though, e-mail me if you want to submit scans of the articles or whatever, and if you don't, that's cool, but everyone on the board will hate you Very Happy

Ocean238
Sea Post King

hey granpaturtle,
maybe we could work together and sort something out, since I m working on my site atm anyway, PM me

cheers

Eisley UK - http://www.eisley.co.uk
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

i pretty much know as much everyone most people on here know, but i do know of one thing im betting a lot of people dont know/forgot

so i guess ill send you that info...i guess thats all im good for Smile

-NiQ

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

jack_stripes wrote:
i pretty much know as much everyone most people on here know, but i do know of one thing im betting a lot of people dont know/forgot

so i guess ill send you that info...i guess thats all im good for Smile

-NiQ

that;s plenty a lot there, if each boardie through in one tidbit of information, i wouldn't have to do anything but organize

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Have you seen the timeline on Chad's site?

www.straylight6.org.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address