Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
kingspin
Really Dizzy Admin

Oh and ... thanks for saying I am ancient...
Joined: 28 May 2003 | Posts: 271 | Location: The Hills of Bountiful
RevRB
Sea Post King

Cool

Nice to find a board on the band. I have been nuts about Eisley for some time now, and I FINALLY picked up Laughing City today.

"Over the Mountains" made me cry and swept me away on a soul-swelling wave of wonder ...like all good songs do. This is a really beautiful effort.

I'm hoping to make it to the Ridglea show. That's a great theater ( I saw Tomahawk, the Melvins and Dalek there last night--GREAT show! ). It was an old cinema...I saw The Empire Strikes Back there back in The Day, so I'm REALLY giving away my age. Laughing

I'd love to meet the band, get the EP signed, et cetera. I'll bring an extra to get signed for my dear friend Amanda in New York, to whom I have raved about Eisley for some time now. She's also a musical Star Wars fan...and she's battling cancer now. I'd really like to send her the healing Eisley vibe...I think she'll love finally getting to hear the band.

Best always--Bri

eastgraytoday
Sea Post King

im a newbie. and i love Eisley. i just wish i could find their album somewhere...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jay
Golly, Poster

well...i'm jay and eh. i guess i'm new here. a friend of mine met the band in dallas i guess it was, a few months ago. and told me about how great they are and everything. i was excited to see them last night at red rocks, opening for coldplay. I had picked up the EP last week, but had to get another to get it signed by the band. Upon meeting them, i was a bit nervous...but that quickly faded...probably precipitated by how gracious they all were. How bout that show eh? It was cold for Eisley's set, then it just got wicked rainy. Amazing experience. I was still thrown by how good Eisley is. I'm twenty and a musician, but i play crappy little clubs with rats in the basement...must be amazing to play places like the bowl and redrocks. gah. anyway, bla-de-blah-de-blah...i'm done

cheers,
jay
Husk35

Hello friends. I am Adam. I'm a 19 year old student at Oklahoma State University. I heard about Eisley through my bro (on the board as Husky025). I beat the tom toms in a band called Ice Walters. We're all huge fans of Eisley. We all hope to one day fuse the bands together to form Ice Eisley. Wouldn't that be nice?
 |  | 
gRegor
the gEek

No illitherian, I said what I meant. Wink
kingspin is really cool in my book Very Happy

CHRIS~!
Golly, Poster

Ice Eisley....NICE! Go Cowboys. Wo0t~!
tmdrums17

My name is Tom. Im from hotZona. Im 20 years of age and im a AZ State Sun Devil. I spend way to much time traveling/taping/trading/enjoying myself at shows here and abroad. Im normally listening to the likes of Phish, moe., Panic, or the String Cheese Incident, though this new Eisley CD that i picked up at the Red Rocks 2 nights ago has found a cozy spot in my case logic.
 |  | 
Fizzzzaaaahhhh
Sea Post King

Hey.. my name's faeza & I'm from nyc. I learned of Eisley through the Coldplay website. Smile I am going to be at the show on Friday @ MSG and cannot wait to hear you guys. Luckily, I have great seats. . . . . so see ya'll there. Smile
TheFly7
Sea Post King

Hey all - my name is Jeff Dillon, 18 years of age, and I am from Colorado. I just saw Eisley on Friday night at Red Rocks and was very impressed. What a great show - it was rainy, cold, serene - just like a Red Rocks show is supposed to be. Cool Was anyone else there? Does anyone know Eisley's set list? Anyway I'm glad to be here and will be talking to you soon...

Exclamation

Your heart understands what your head cannot yet conceive; trust your heart.

I look cool, I am cool -Larry Mullen
Jay
Golly, Poster

TheFly7 wrote:
Hey all - my name is Jeff Dillon, 18 years of age, and I am from Colorado. I just saw Eisley on Friday night at Red Rocks and was very impressed. What a great show - it was rainy, cold, serene - just like a Red Rocks show is supposed to be. Cool Was anyone else there? Does anyone know Eisley's set list? Anyway I'm glad to be here and will be talking to you soon...

Exclamation

hey. where at in CO?

i live in the springs. Smile

glad to hear ya had a good time, my mind was just completely blown all evening Smile

TheFly7
Sea Post King

I am in Greeley, CO. Good ol' cow town up here. Cool I like Co Sprgs it's a beautiful place...
So what song is it that Eisley plays where there's a part about something "jumped over the moon" or somethin? That's all I can remember lol but it was a good song! If you know, let me know. The played it at Red Rocks the other night...

Exclamation

Your heart understands what your head cannot yet conceive; trust your heart.

I look cool, I am cool -Larry Mullen
[[GiRTH]]Groelwyn
Sea Post King

Omio Koros!!!!

uhhhh eisley is a band from what I hear.... ummmm here:

Citation:

Tison v. Arizona, 481 U. S. 137 (1987).

Parties:

Raymond and Ricky Tison, were the petitioners, and Arizona was the defendant.

Objectives:

Tison wished to not be put to death. Arizona wanted the Tison brothers to remain on death row because they closely helped the events before and after the murders.

Prior Proceedings:

The Supreme Court of Arizona.

Facts of the Case:

The petitioners claimed to have returned to the Mazda and pour some water, which implied that they had every intention of allowing the victims to live. The first judge found that the brothers’ crimes were not mitigated by their lesser involvement, but by referring to Enmund v. Florida, their lesser involvement should have freed them of some of the blame. Most of all, neither of the two brothers killed anyone.

Issues:

The Tison brothers’ crimes were not deserving of the death penalty according to the Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments.

Holdings:

Tison’s sentences were affirmed by the Arizona Supreme Court on the grounds that the defendants intended or contemplated the use of lethal force. Because the defendants were decided to not have intended to kill anyone, the Court decided that the case must be remanded.

Reasoning:

Despite their pre-planning and execution of a prison escape, the Tison brothers claimed to have no intent of using their firearms. Hence, they shouldn’t have been held responsible for the murders.

Disposition:

Vacated and remanded.

Commentary:

I believe in Arizona’s decision to execute the Tison brothers. The fact that they created a plan for the escape, and brought guns into the prison proves to me that they had intentions of using deadly force. There are times when the brothers could have prevented the murders, and their story seems weak to me so I have to think they deserve the death penalty.

besides that... I like to play halo... and I live in Syler Springs.... err Sulphur Springs... YEAH!!!! WAY OOOOOOO ! WAY OOOOOO!

i would suggest that if anyone ever goes to omaha nebraska to goto the organic food store there.... and buying dried mango... it's really good... the papaya is really good too if you drink it with a glass of milk..... ok well... this post has not been prewatched by adults.... sorry RAAWWWRRR... LELELLELELELELELELELEL *indian dance*
Joined: 09 Jun 2003 | Posts: 300 | Location: Town of MooFasa, TX
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

this has to be one of the best introduce yourself entries ever... ever!
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

TheFly7
Quote:
So what song is it that Eisley plays where there's a part about something "jumped over the moon" or somethin? That's all I can remember lol but it was a good song! If you know, let me know. The played it at Red Rocks the other night...

It's called, 'THEY ALL SURROUNDED ME" and the line is...."that's when the jolly dragon jumped over the hill." "and he said, no, no, no, no, no, no way sir, ....no, no, no, no, no, not today sir, you won't surround me, you can't surround us." Smile

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>