Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
OdinStalzzo
Sea Post King

Hello my name is Chris (not Doctor green thumb)
I live in Saint George Utah but I was born and raised in California.
I play covers and write my own music (I play guitar and dabble in other instruments). I've played in lots of bands but never really liked any of the styles.
For some odd reason decided to make a user account on here today because a friend of mine happen to find some new demo's of Eisley's (Ambulance, The Valley, Away We Go, and 192 days) and I just wanted to pay homage to band I hope to see grow and flourish.
One of my favorite bands is Eisley.
I admire the fact that they're sisters (not to exclude the guys now).
One of the things my dad always wanted his kids to do was start a band and play music but we all went our own ways.
I think something that limits a band from going places or growing are self limiting styles. Don't get me wrong but some bands who stick to one style can be and "are" good but other bands like Eisley and The Beatles, its nice to see personality's and musical expression grow when you can change your style and get away from the whole self limitations.
And these girls who can sing just as beautifully as they them selfs are well, whats not to admire?
I remember the first versions of Telescope Eye's and the video for it. I think I saw it on Refused TV a long while back and ever since Its been something interesting to see and hear their voices mature and their writing lyrically.
And thats my rhyme!
Joined: 20 Feb 2010 | Posts: 1 | Location: Saint George Utah
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KayDJ
Sea Post King

Hey everyone. I'm Kayla, 20, college student unfortunately stuck in Missouri. Discovered Eisley in 2003, I've been listening regularly ever since and have been lurking here 3-4 times a week since then. I figured that 7 years of lurking was long enough, so here I am.
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

KayDJ wrote:
Hey everyone. I'm Kayla, 20, college student unfortunately stuck in Missouri. Discovered Eisley in 2003, I've been listening regularly ever since and have been lurking here 3-4 times a week since then. I figured that 7 years of lurking was long enough, so here I am.

Wow, that's near professional level lurking. Even *I* can't help but post sometimes and that's considering people generally ignore me most of the time. Maybe it's because I don't even bother to read half the threads. Or maybe I'm too old to keep up with the hip kids. Or maybe it's my bad breath. Or maybe I'm just a jerk (I'm getting cranky in my old age).

Anyway, thanks for saying hello Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
John Locke4815
Sea Post King

Anthony from Florida. I am 40. I found this group via a recommendation from the lead singer of the Bridges.
Joined: 18 Mar 2010 | Posts: 140 | Location: the dub side of the moon
Last edited by John Locke4815 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

hi Chris, Kayla, and Anthony. Make yourselves at home here. Smile
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

John Locke4815 wrote:
Anthony from Florida. I am 40 and an attorney. I found this group via a recommendation from the lead singer of the Bridges.

Mr. Green The Bridges eh?? That make's sense. They were the subject of discussion up here once upon a time. Glad they're extending graces to the Eisley clan. They grew on me alot.

Anyways, welcome aboard.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
John Locke4815
Sea Post King

I bumped into her in Nashville and she told me to catch Eisley if they were ever in town. I really like the Bridges.
Joined: 18 Mar 2010 | Posts: 140 | Location: the dub side of the moon
ElPulpoTX
Sea Post King

My name is Xavier Salazar but you can call me Jesse.
I was born and raised in San Antonio.
I heard about Eisley after the Threadless Loves Eisley Contest.
The first time i fell in love with Eisley was when I saw the Marvelous Things video and the last time was at SXSW 2010 (my first show, went by myself).
My most prised possession is my Casio PT-87 sign by Chauntelle and Stacy (I'll get the others one day).
Me and my girlfriend's favorite song is I Wasn't Prepared.
Im thinking of getting an E tattoo.
pirateman
Sea Post King

Hallo.

I'm Austin. I'm 16. I enjoy Eisley and other musaks. I've been around since Like the Actors (i'malurker). I live in Boerne, Texas. ehhrr. that's it. mhm.

megamanda
Sea Post King

I'm Megan and I'll be 23 next month, I've been an Eisley fan for about 5 years now i have seen them live once back in '08.. They are my absolute #1 favorite band! I'm from a small town in southern Illinois. not sure what else to say about myself lol
Joined: 12 Apr 2010 | Posts: 38 | Location: Southern Illinois
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Hello, y'all! Welcome to The Laughing City. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kellybean
Sea Post King

Good afternoon, morning, or evening, I'm Kelly. Currently, I'm 13, but I'll be 14 in October. I've only recently started listening to Eisley (for about a year, maybe a bit less), but they're definitely one of my favorite bands. I can't exactly remember how I heard of them, but it had something to do with Youtube. Uh, I live in Honolulu, Hawaii, and that's pretty much it.
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 | Posts: 1 | Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Welcome to the forum, Kelly! Make yourself at home. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

Just don't put your feet on the coffee table. That might be OK at your house, but sometimes we eat there!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

rmlawrence wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

Just don't put your feet on the coffee table. That might be OK at your house, but sometimes we eat there!

There's minus one customer for Dr. Scholl's Seasonings.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>