Laughing City
standingcareful
Golly, Poster

Someone might have already posted about this, but I don't have the time to look it up. Will "Room Noises" be available on iTunes?

Just wondering. Thanks.

Vintage Newbie

Early reports say yes. Probably starting tomorrow.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
larriveejp
Sea Post King

Any updates on this? TE is the only song showing up for the album, and the artist page shows the price as $10.XX

seems odd.

BuffmanRocks
Sea Post King

How can something cost $10.XX?
Michael: What, cause'm not crying?
G.O.B.: Maybe you don't have enough RAM to understand this, Michael, but there's such a thing as brotherly love.
Joined: 08 Feb 2005 | Posts: 199 | Location: Modesto, California
pzy
Wookie Luke

I guess iTunes is having some technical difficulities. In the upper right, search for "room noises" and you see the entire album there to purchase, either song-by-song or for $10.89 (what the heck Warner Bros, why not reduce it a measley 90 cents?).

But if you click on the album, it only shows Telescope Eyes.

It's being "worked on".

Andrew Hernandez
Sea Post King

Why do people buy MP3's of a whole album when, in this case, you can just buy the real actual album with the artwork/feel that the band intended for almost the same price? Living too far from a store is no excuse, if you can buy mp3's online, you can buy CD's online.

It doesn't really affect me if someone does it one way or the other, I'm just curious.

giant_
Laughing Citizen

Andrew Hernandez wrote:
Why do people buy MP3's of a whole album when, in this case, you can just buy the real actual album with the artwork/feel that the band intended for almost the same price? Living too far from a store is no excuse, if you can buy mp3's online, you can buy CD's online.

It doesn't really affect me if someone does it one way or the other, I'm just curious.

Indeed. I personally just find it silly to buy mp3s when you can buy the cd. I can see ordering the Telescope Eyes EP , because its not available in any other form but mp3 but otherwise I think its a waste of money. Confused

jbudlives
Sea Post King

Andrew Hernandez wrote:
Why do people buy MP3's of a whole album when, in this case, you can just buy the real actual album with the artwork.........

9.99 vs 12.99 is a big deal..and it is instant satisfaction.....also you can get imports for 9.99 that would cost you 20 bucks at a record store......i maybe look at the artwork once or twice if i buy a cd.....so i guess it depends on if you are really gun-ho about the artwork......

btw....everyone make sure to come to eisley/pilotdrift next friday at the ballroom....rockin fun times....we are off to nashville and beyond!!!! peaceout

Sea Post King

The artwork on CDs is so small though. It was different in the age of records. A good reason to get the vinyl release though.

In any event the iTunes thing is very weird. Clicking on the buy album button brings up a message that it is no longer available. Clicking on the album picture brings up Telescope Eyes and the partial album notation. Haven't seen that in a looooong time. Searching for Eisely shows all the Room Noises tracks along with their previews. What's the deal here?

"This is the last time that I'll wish you dead
I think I've decided to like you instead"
- Go Sailor
merry andrew
Sea Post King

I got the CD at Tower Records for $9.99 + tax. At their Seattle show last night, they were selling the CD for $10.00 even.
Joined: 22 Sep 2004 | Posts: 196 | Location: Redmond, WA, USA
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

Andrew Hernandez wrote:

the age of CDs is coming to an end. when CDs came about they had a few benefits:
1. 75 minutes of audio fit onto a disk, how many bands take advantage of that? I'll tell you who didn't...weezer...
2. more durable than Vinyls...until you accidentally drop your CD and one scratch causes the entire disk to not function
3. cheap...hahahaha...cheap....

there were others but i'm too lazy to explain anymore. In short, CDs suck. They have no real benefit that mp3s don't already have, and with the influx of mp3 players like iPods and iRivers portability is thrown out the window. Vinyls are still kickin because they have nostalgia going for them and, well, Vinyl is better, literally, it's an actual copy of the song instead of a digital riggamaroo that chops of the extreme ends and compresses it and such.

so when you ask why do people buy the mp3s i gotta wonder why you buy the CDs...cos honestly i don't see any real benefit to them in the first place

Andrew Hernandez
Sea Post King

granpaturtle wrote:

so when you ask why do people buy the mp3s i gotta wonder why you buy the CDs...cos honestly i don't see any real benefit to them in the first place

For a large majority of bands, you either buy their CD, or you can't buy their music at all. Not everyone gets to release stuff on vinyl, although some bands I listen to do, so I always buy the record if I can.

Admiral79
Lost at Forum

I think its a really cool way to put out unreleased stuff. I was more than happy to pay $1 each for "Vintage People" and the new "Tree Tops". You can't find them on an album anywhere and they're top notch studio quality. What's not to love?