Laughing City
AzureDreams
Sea Post King

I got the Room Noises in the mail today, and all I can say is kudos Eisley. Im pretty sure there will be other posts on the cd tomorrow but I just wanted to know what everyone thinks of the cd. Maybe mention the song your most surprised by. For me it was the Brightness of Brightly Wound. Amazing. Simply Amazing. It has definitely been worth the wait. Very Happy
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

The album is beautiful... and I don't think I've said that about many albums before. The highlight for me right now has to be "Just Like We Do". It's absolutely beautiful... near perfect. I can't remember the last time I heard a song that lovely. I can't remember the last time I heard a song that made me feel like that one does. That's quite the compliment coming from me these days. And I'm not sucking up just because this is the Eisley message board. It's the truth.

Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, "Just Like We Do" is easily the highlight for me. As if the acoustic fingerpicking and beautiful vocals weren't enough, that mellotron at the end is heavenly...
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

And let me add that I wish *I* could be mentioned in the liner notes... of any CD (even Vanilla Ice's Greatest Hits). But I'm just a nobody. -sigh-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
M-E-K
Sea Post King

I just listened to the CD all the way through, which I never do with a new album. Room Noises is wonderful, and much better than I had expected...
holland, 2005
Sea Post King

I'm not sure how many people agree, but I think Trolley Wood is a highlight. I thought it was really different and a great way to sort of finish off the cd.

Oh, and Brightly Wound of course.
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

It is truly wonderful, and I cannot stop listening to it, except I am still not comfortable with the revised "Marvelous Things".

JD

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

rmlawrence wrote:
And let me add that I wish *I* could be mentioned in the liner notes... of any CD (even Vanilla Ice's Greatest Hits). But I'm just a nobody. -sigh-

They thanked the forum members, dude. That's you! Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
rmlawrence wrote:

They thanked the forum members, dude. That's you! Wink

That's true... I thought about that. But it would be nice to read my own name.