Laughing City
NAoMI
Sea Post King

hi. this is taelor and lindsay. we would like to say to eisley, if they are reading this, that we love them. hey you guys: we met you last night. you signed our wallets and we almost peed our pants. we think you are the greatest and we want to turn into fairies and fly around whenever we hear your music. we wore sparkles and a flowy skirt to your show in your honor. we were really nervous to meet you... Embarassed because you're so awesome. love from, lindsay and taelor. Mr. Green
we saunter down the sidewalks, we own now and all that's after. we are just another blur of condescending teenage laughter. we wear our tears like necklaces, we're like fireflies in jars. we're friendship bracelet hypocrites, proving how exclusive we are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brady
Sea Post King

Portland is the coolest city in the US! I can't wait to move back! (not that anyone cares... Rolling Eyes )
tomrynko
Sea Post King

Any ideas how to get tickets for the Confused Portland show on 26th April??? I am from the UK and arriving in Portland at the start of April
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

tomrynko wrote:
Any ideas how to get tickets for the Confused Portland show on 26th April??? I am from the UK and arriving in Portland at the start of April

find the venue they are playing at, and check the website to see if you can buy the tickets online (which Im pretty sure you can). If you're coming to this side of the pond in early April though, you might want to have them sent to where you will be staying here. Smile

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Does anyone have tix to this show? I researched ticketmaster and NFG's site, and neither of them are selling tickets. Nor could I find any on eBay. You can try calling the venue, the number is: (503) 224-2038.

But, you can try checking back at the following websites:

http://tix12.stubhub.com/?cb=tix12&genre_id=6909&gtse=GOTO&gtkw=new+fo und+glory

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/712420
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

Brady wrote:
Portland is the coolest city in the US! I can't wait to move back! (not that anyone cares... Rolling Eyes )

thats what i hear. can you tell me why people say that??
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

starnothing wrote:
Brady wrote:

thats what i hear. can you tell me why people say that??

Yeahh, lately I've been hearing a lot of people speak very highly of the good city of Portland.
I am actually going on a trip to Oregon this summer, so I shall glimpse for myself what all the hype is about.

But it would be interesting if someone who has lived there or is familiar with the area could explain why everyone seems to love Portland so much?
It is puzzling...and intriguing.

dustinmlester
Sea Post King

I myself have visited the fair city of Portland. I was only there for a weekend but I can say that it was a spectacular visit. I also visited nearby coastal Lincoln City, breathtaking. I guess people speek highly of Portland because it seems so clean, there's lots to do for young people, an appealing downtown area that actually has parks and nice yet affordable resteraunts, and it's very scenic. You have mountain views, lush pines, and the beautiful Oregon Coast is about an hour or so away.
antiqueshopsong
Sea Post King

portland is awesome basically because of these things:
*honey sticks
*scenery
*sand dollars
*berry picking
*my grandma*
ok well the last one is kind of just awesome for me.

antiqueshopsong
Sea Post King

portland is awesome basically because of these things:
*honey sticks
*scenery
*sand dollars
*berry picking
*my grandma*
ok well the last one is kind of just awesome for me.

starnothing
Laughing Citizen

dustinmlester wrote:
I myself have visited the fair city of Portland. I was only there for a weekend but I can say that it was a spectacular visit. I also visited nearby coastal Lincoln City, breathtaking. I guess people speek highly of Portland because it seems so clean, there's lots to do for young people, an appealing downtown area that actually has parks and nice yet affordable resteraunts, and it's very scenic. You have mountain views, lush pines, and the beautiful Oregon Coast is about an hour or so away.

thats what i thought. sounds nice. more cities i hear are seattle, chicago, atlanta(as in just "cool") and san francisco which ive been to myself and all i have to say is the air smells and feels way fresher than houston air and that is enough for me to like that european-like city.
Brady
Sea Post King

I echo what everyone else is saying. Portland and Seattle are both pretty awesome (i still like portland better though, not quite as wet...). Anyway, it has an awesome music scene/ culture that's progressing rapidly. Great downtown area that feels big, but still hasn't got the huge city feel. And geological speaking, you couldn't find a better place (the coast, Mt. hood, columbia river, etc...) I love mt. biking and skiing, and also I have a bunch of friends there , so i might be a little biased... Wink
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

You know, Seattle is nice, but you pretty much have to be from there to not be depressed by the constant rain. I was back in Texas two years before I could appreciate rain again. Of course, none of the roads downtown make sense. You learn them after a while, but it looks like a two year old planned the city. Chicago is great, but it really is a big city. If you live in the suburbs getting in and out of the city is horrible. I don't think traffic ever moves quickly there, unless the light just turned red, then everybody tries to go really fast. Of course, living in the city is super-expensive. San Francisco is nice. Don't try to drive there either. Take the BART. It is one of the easiest subway systems I've ever used. It stays pretty chilly there most of the year, but not really 'cold'. Sweater-vest weather. The sky is beautiful there. Pretty much any city on the west coast should have great air, with the exception of L.A. which is too big to be completely considered on the coast. San Fran is also very expensive, because of the heavy tourism. I haven't been to Portland since I was little-bity. I remember the sky was very gray, but the convergence zone is actually quite a bit further north (between Seattle and Everett), so that probably isn't normal. I've heard you should stay away from Burnside. I'd like to know more about the city though. I'm finishing school soon, and will be looking for a job. I love Austin, but could be persuaded to leave, if the price, and area, is right. Nah, let's face it, Austin is too cool to ever leave. See ya!

JD

starnothing
Laughing Citizen

haha..man i wanna go to austin. ive never heard a person whos went there say it sucks. and im only 2 hours away Confused must take a family trip or something..hehe.
but yes, they have books on these things..like, "finding the perfect city for you (and family)" etc. it's pretty cool. but i would imagine kind of hard to come up with a decision, with jobs and all. anyway, for now pollution and rain every day will do Laughing