Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Well, these aren't my best pictures:

Chasd, Berlies and Jamiga at Cafe Brazil!

The selection of pictures is lame because it was hard to navigate this crowd, unlike the friendly front rows at the New Year's show.

I met some awesome people, saw a lot of others I've met before. Great times. Stacy is such a trooper.

Oh yeah, thanks Kim(brtones). You're too awesome. Smile

I'm still tired.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kenz
Sea Post King

I don’t even know where to begin…
I felt the need to share more than pictures but gracious words…

When my party and myself arrived to the scheduled venue for eisleys performance, we made our way to the almost deserted merchandise booth. I was especially excited at this occasion because my father was with me, and has been with me (and Kayla) to every eisley we’ve had the chance to make, and we share the equally same enthusiasm for these talented youngsters. So this was yet another joyous occasion, for me, because my father was apparently more than willing to buy me something(s). I contemplated what shirt to get and knew right away that I was going to buy Room Noises. Which I already had (burned), however I wanted it in its fullest form (with the album artwork) and of course why buy a CD at some store, whose profiting go to the middleman and not straight to the artist themselves; beside the point. So I joyously packed the merchandise in my tote bag, while my father was paying. But to my surprise I was put to a halt when my father announced, "I don’t have enough money." He had only 6 dollars in cash in his wallet. I began to disappointedly take what I thought could be easily paid for out of my bag and into the hands of heavily aged women (who later on told me that I’d like pilot drift -her sons’ band or something or another) she frowned with me. And then suddenly my attention was grabbed –literally- by the hand of a dark-haired women who spoke in my ear, "Would you let me give you those things, without charge?" –perhaps not the exact words but surely the very generous concern conveyed to me. Without second-thinking it I replied, "Aww…yess!" She then announced herself as the DuPree mother and that she was/is capable of making such calls. My father thanked her graciously, as did I and then she began telling us of their touring and the work and effort they all put it. I was taken by surprise with some of the things she made known unto us. I was very moved by her generosity, and/or the overall generosity of this family. I don’t know how I could ever really return such a thing, it feels almost as if the 6 dollars my father convinced Kim (the mother) to accept and then later (I was notified) he gave her the 10 dollars Kayla gave him for buying her ticket is not enough. But all I could/can do with such shared generosity is share it with someone else –reach out to someone else.

(Cited, if you will, from my firm believe in my Heavenly Father and the blessings he gives us [especially when obedient]. We are all armed with service and goodwill towards men.)

Lovingly,
mackenzie aka kenz

PS. Picture(s)?

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Cool pictures. Kim is so awesome. It was nice to meet you. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shain
Vintage Newbie

Quote:

wow chaunty is definently gorgeous in that pic.

nicely done man.

my pics will be up as soon as I get around to getting them developed.

Golly, Poster

Awesome pics! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink Wink
Joined: 26 Apr 2004 | Posts: 879 | Location: Minneapolis, MN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Eclectic Gypsy
Sea Post King

great photos jamie, wish i could have been there.
midnightmourning
Sea Post King

Great pics to both of you, and that was a really great story, Kim is awesome.

Livejournal. Xanga.
MySpace. Hah, I have no friends on it.
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 | Posts: 485 | Location: Oceanside, New York
Butta
Sea Post King

kenz wrote:
But to my surprise I was put to a halt when my father announced, "I don’t have enough money." He had only 6 dollars in cash in his wallet. I began to disappointedly take what I thought could be easily paid for out of my bag and into the hands of heavily aged women (who later on told me that I’d like pilot drift -her sons’ band or something or another) she frowned with me. And then suddenly my attention was grabbed –literally- by the hand of a dark-haired women who spoke in my ear, "Would you let me give you those things, without charge?" –perhaps not the exact words but surely the very generous concern conveyed to me. Without second-thinking it I replied, "Aww…yess!" She then announced herself as the DuPree mother and that she was/is capable of making such calls. My father thanked her graciously, as did I and then she began telling us of their touring and the work and effort they all put it. I was taken by surprise with some of the things she made known unto us. I was very moved by her generosity, and/or the overall generosity of this family.

HalleluYAH. WOW. What she did was so beautiful. Congratulations on being the recipient of such love, man!

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

sherri's hair is blonde now?
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

chauntelle's hair is looking so cute in those photos!

AWW....come on everyone! 'AAWWWWWW'

Laughing
leighish
Vintage Newbie

man, eisley fans (and eisley) are the nicest people ever. i'm pretty sure most other people would've tried to ditch the irritatingly annoying canadians.

cathleen advises me that my last statement didn't make too much sense, i figure it adds to my point.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Jeez, Jamie. I like that even the pictures that you claim aren't your best are still great. I hate you... with love.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
leighish
Vintage Newbie

now YOU'RE cheating on Chad, Rob???

*throws pillow at you*

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

those are awesome jamie ( i know you have more so get to it! ;) ) most of mine didn't turn out, i was stuck so far in the back.
boone
Vintage Newbie

kenz wrote:
(who later on told me that I’d like pilot drift -her sons’ band or something or another)

Pilotdrift is amazing.