Laughing City
lobster_pirate
Golly, Poster

§ i just bought the 4-track "marvelous things" cd… and "sea king" and "the wintersong" have moved up the charts right up with "trolley wood" Very Happy … are there any other cds out there , or is "marvelous things" the only other one?!? just want to make sure that i'm not missing out on any eisley goodness Smile Wink Razz Very Happy … §

• and not one bit of pirate-speak Laughing

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Laughing City came out before Marvelous Things. And there are two very rare early EPs as well. This is fairly comprehensive.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The first EP, "Laughing City." Good stuff. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lobster_pirate
Golly, Poster

§ wow Shocked … that was fast… and thanks for the info Very Happy Very Happy … i must search those out (not having credit cards/paypal), so i can have all the eisley goodness… it's benn almost the only music i've been listening to for over a week Smile Wink Razz Very Happy … §
Foefia
Sea Post King

Yeah, I'm planing on buying "Marvelous things" real soon. Very Happy I have "Laughing City" and have been listening to it non stop every week of every day!! They really know how to sing. Love

Eisley is such a good band, but its so sad they never play them on the Radio. All the good singers are never played. Crying or Very sad Its all to do with how much Money a singer has. If their rich.. they can spend lots of money on maketing!!! -Its not fare. They should just play good bands... LIKE EISLEY!!!

----Sofia-----
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

Mmm, I remember when I first got Marvelous Things. It was Christmas of 2003. I was at my Memere's house... I had been wanting it, but my mom said not to buy it because what if I got it for Christmas.

Goodtimes.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
pinkcamel
Sea Post King

so the arcade fire is going to rerelease their first ep...... does anyone know if eisleys gonna do this as well?>
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Keep in mind that when all the "MARVELOUS THINGS" & "LAUGHING CITY" eps are gone, you won't be able to buy them anywhere.

They are not reprinting them.

I've seen a few on eBay.
k
Buckethead
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
Keep in mind that when all the "MARVELOUS THINGS" & "LAUGHING CITY" eps are gone, you won't be able to buy them anywhere.

They are not reprinting them.

I've seen a few on eBay.
k

marvelous, i have them both. So how many of them were printed?? i imagine quite a few

boyd
Eisleyoid

yes. they're being retired... how sad. If I do say so myself, they're the best of ep's...hearty, soulful... and they captured the band (profoundly) during their adolescent period. The music is mature. The tracks are smart. Mike Mogis, John Goodmanson, Dan Green and Aaron Sprinkle were worthy overseers of these soon to be entombed songs. I wish we'd saved a box of each for treasure.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

well, i know i have mine, and once these bad boys sell out, we can distribute them to peeps as a sampling of Eisley to make them want the Room Noises CD and they go and buy it, MWAHAHAHA!!

PS- boyd, you know what would be awesome? A Marvy Things, LC split LP, like, a vinyl, one side LC, one side MT, that would be super hot...realy limited edition too, only make a thousand and make it available solely to boardies Wink

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:
well, i know i have mine, and once these bad boys sell out, we can distribute them to peeps as a sampling of Eisley to make them want the Room Noises CD and they go and buy it, MWAHAHAHA!!

PS- boyd, you know what would be awesome? A Marvy Things, LC split LP, like, a vinyl, one side LC, one side MT, that would be super hot...realy limited edition too, only make a thousand and make it available solely to boardies :wink:

I like how your mind works, granpaturtle.

JD

loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

Last edited by loveisachemical on Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
yes. they're being retired... how sad. If I do say so myself, they're the best of ep's...hearty, soulful... and they captured the band (profoundly) during their adolescent period. The music is mature. The tracks are smart. Mike Mogis, John Goodmanson, Dan Green and Aaron Sprinkle were worthy overseers of these soon to be entombed songs. I wish we'd saved a box of each for treasure.

If I'm not mistaken I was the first person in the whole of australia with the ep's Shocked

Unless some scummy record company guy had one before me Evil or Very Mad

and yes,the ep's are wonderful Very Happy

Vintage Newbie

granpaturtle wrote:

PS- boyd, you know what would be awesome? A Marvy Things, LC split LP, like, a vinyl, one side LC, one side MT, that would be super hot...realy limited edition too, only make a thousand and make it available solely to boardies Wink

ten inch green marble vinyl...yes,yes,yes,that would be the way to go! Cool