Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

Eisley Episodes.
Repercussions of Epic Concern

It is with the utmost sobriety and fragile emotion that I must announce a sad, sad, tale.... unfortunately, not a fairy tail at all...rather, a major parcel of heavy news concerning the tiny band known as Eisley.

What I am about to announce is a eisley-bomb of such magnitude that our combined heartache power could possibly unseat (dethrone, force him topside) the very Sea King from the towns below us... ("..it was all he ever knew - and that's sad")

Hype-not-ic
I wish this was just more of my boid-aggrandizement but, it's not. This is an impacting, consequential moment in the the band's history. It's so important, I've been pondering it for days - foreshadowing, while searching for the right words; seeking a way to communicate the single most important new break concerning the band since 2001 when Jon Wilson joined the band to the tight community of loyal Eisley enthusiasts. The Laughing City is the first to know, outside a few obvious briefings.

Disclaimers
Before I get started, here are my disclaimers: This copy choppy, compressed, lacking in detail, awkward, lame, too business-like, repetitive, doesn't flow from paragraph to paragraph, contains run on sentences, frags, bad punctuation, etc... I've tried to lace it with ocasional wisks of whimsy, but it's mostly just heavy and hearty. I really want to completely scrap this and start over but i haven't the time. This information is time sensitive.

The Story
About 4 shows before the end of the Summer Scenic Tour, in New Orleans, Jon and I were hanging out in the van talking about whatever. The focus soon shifted toward some feelings Jon was having...he spoke about his undying affection for the band, about how from the beginning he felt that Eisley was an ideal direction for career, etc. But as conversation continued, I realized Jon was trying to say something else; something very important.

It seems that, as non-stop touring has become the band's neo-strenous reality, Jon has had a growing concern about his devotion to other passions, other realms, other pieces and parts of his life that sometimes get lost in the logistics and rabid pace on the road.

Finding Neo-normalcy
Touring can take it's toll on your life. Touring doesn't make room for normal living. Normal life for Eisley happens on the road, at gas stations, back stage in musky concrete rooms (ok, and a few really plush ones), in hotel rooms, on Interstates, walking down unknown city streets like nomads searching for coffee, sojourners...load in, load out, show after show, no sleep, no socks, no life. Well, that depends on your perspective. Let's just say, it's not a destiny for everyone. You miss out on alot.

On Change
Something I learned years ago: things never stay the same. Our most impassioned dreams are often dashed, thwarted, delayed by the unexpected. We're always frustrated when life's transformities impede our best layed plans... but I've learned over the many decades that life = change. We change. Change causes break-ups. "Break-ups" give birth to new relationships which often give us the impetus to move beyond our boundaries, exceed our limitations... It's how we embrace change that determines the outcome.

Irrevocable Conflicts
This personal conflict has led Jon to a very thought-out, very understood-by-his-family, very calculated decision. This is sad for Eisley, sad for Jon, sad for you. But it's without anymore of my drivelous digressions that I must now tell you that Jon Wilson - the boy next door - the best friend...(of Eisley) is hanging it up... moving on. Yes, the beloved, lanky, sinewy, Weston-matching-mutantly-ganglionical friend and partner will no longer be gracing the stage with his companions in indie-crime. He's moving on and there's nothing any of us can do to change his mind. Therefore, we respect and honor his decision and wish him the best.

Guys, I know this is a bitter pill to swallow; the pain is still with me; I can only imagine it's the same for many of you...perhaps, only worse, since I've had some time to digest this and you're a few minutes into this new. Therefore, I declare that we all need to breath in and out...to reflect on this very present reality ...perhaps, a moment of silence. The moment is happening with or without the silence.

(long pause. prayers. reflective moments. respect.)

The Eulolog
And, I want everyone to know - there'll never be a another Jon... never a replacement for Jon... no one to take the place of his unique identity, his individual style, his quirky humor... his rare humility... his quiet, calming role within the band. Jon is an individual, not a role. Jon is a friend... for life; like a brother... like a son. Nothing will ever change that.

Processions
At the same time, the future is racing toward Eisley with an accelerating, startling speed. Opportunities are increasing, momentum building ...you get the point: band has to make decisions, pick up the pieces, mobilize and move forward.

With the advent of an unexpected change in management*, with so much at stake - so much invested, Eisley can't afford to drag this transition out. There's no time to enter the Moorish Fog of Oblivion. It simply can't happen.

Admonitions
Cog that Blastid Rumor Mill
Transitions can be tricky. I don't want there to be any rumors resulting from these cliff notes. There'll be no reading between the lines to interpret your own truths. Please understand this truth as an anchor to your thoughts and subsequent conversations: Jon loves Eisley. Eisley loves Jon. There is no relational conflict... there is only love; there are no skeletons in the closets; no factions or grumblings or attitudes of any kind. Jon is kindred. No matter what kind of ridiculous rumors result from this download, please respect the truth. Do not support or embrace myths, lies, rumors, trash talk. Please. Preserve what is true and pure and beautiful about the wondrous times that the DuPree clan shared with their band mate and best friend in the whole world.

-------------------------------------------

The Fence
OK. The line above represents the other side of the public pool. Imagine that silly line is that stupid rope with the blue floaties. Though, perhaps we're all bleary-eyed...( I can see the untethered Sea King floating up from the deep. He is crying)...the time has come.

The next parcel of info must be downloaded.. Are you guys still with us? Hope you understand - I'm still in abridged mode; There's no way I can download the kind of detail I'd like to give at a time like this. Perpaps more detail will trickle down in time... but please understand, I'm not holding back anything. Let's enter the info-zone again:

Silverous Raybeams
These millstones have been dense, burdensome... heartbreaking. Severing our 3 year relationship with management while having a 3 year band member severed has seemed almost unbearable... but over the past few days, it's felt like the dark clouds have roll away; everyone has taken deep breaths and felt the calming sense of direction, purpose, faith, expectancy, rejuvenation. These extremely important decisions directly effect all transitions and require carefully guided communication, branding, implementation, oversight. Immediacy. (think i'm ready for Trump)

btw. more info on new management soon.

Current Mantra:
"New Beginnings", is the banner yet waving...(proof thru the night that Eisley is still here). In spite all the emotional turbulence, the band has already engaged in initial meetings with new management, made new wish-lists, discussed important issues like "age restricted shows, tours, over-seas markets, etc. and best of all, they've already tracked down a new bass player to begin working with right after this tour. In fact, he's going to fly out so he can hang with us for the last part of this tour! He'll probably do some guitar teching, help us out...you know: get his feet wet, work with the master (jon) on bass chops, get a feel what the new world will be like, etc. He'll be making his first live, stage appearances starting with the upcoming Eisley/Yahoo Music Tour.

...suddenly, I feel the need to have one of those 1960's TV series - "Lost in Space" endings. The bold italic type shoots across from the right and stops cold at the left margin and the annoying words read: "STAY TUNED TOMORROW FOR THE CONCLUSION OF THIS EXCITING EPISODE!!"

Just kidding. I wouldn't do that to you.

Forged Brains - Locked in Unison
Continuing: I think... I hope that the important thing to remember here as the curtains are being unveiled on a new era is that you guys know: the stability, the solidarity, the continuity, the longevity of Eisley is not in question. It's an ironclad resolve. Songwriters / siblings: solid. I've never heard them express such fervor or display such tenacity towards unanimity. The force is strong within them.

Floating Subtones
It seems (now) impossible to know how long-enduring (long-lasting) any new musicians outside the original sibling members will be. The mystery of this position's persona will only be proven by time. No doubt, Jon has been, by far, the significant, contributing successor.

Noteworthy Historical Facts: Eisley Bassists
This enigmatic position has been the only rotating, shifting role in the band since the band's emergence in early 1998. Finding and keeping bass players for the DuPree siblings has been difficult. In the beginning there was no bassist. Soon, they met Amy Whitaker at a local venue in a nearby town; she lasted for a about a year. Then there was another temporary player - a "Sheila", who lasted for maybe 3-4 months (can't remember he last name. sorry) followed by Taylor Muse, who played bass for the band for a little over a year, followed by Jon, who's first tryout show was April 2001, followed by a several month drought for the band. MossEisley existed with no bassist until Jon re-auditioned and played the first of many shows with the band beginning January 6, 2002 until current.

Again, there is little comparison between the relevance of Jon and the former bass croney's, other than to draw the conclusion that this position has been the only instable one in the band to date.

Audacious Re-positioning
The Curtain Opens on a New Era
The difficulty in Eisley's attempt to replace Jon ('the best friend') turned their focus and attention to "another" resolve; yes, a solution so hidden, none within the clan could have seen it. This arresting postulation was the breaking news the very morning after Eisley's late night meeting in New Orleans...and served as a hopeful forecasting of "another":

...namely,that of their endearing, musically accomplished, bass guitar player and cousin: Garron DuPree. His mirrored background (simal-upbringing), kindred personality, home-education, musical influences, personality, love for Eisley and familial roots, give him the opportunity to be the first to step into the breach...to begin working as the new bass player for the tiny band known as Eisley.

More on Garron soon. I can say this... Stacy won't be the youngest on stage anymore... and no, he's not as tall as Weston... But, right now, I'm too tired to stay up and yak.

PLEASE COME OUT AND SEE US WITH HOT HOT HEAT. PLEASE COME SAY GOODBYE TO JON. THIS IS HIS LAST TOUR. Please stay tuned for more information and understand that we're doing everything we can to facilitate a smooth transition. Please understand that Eisley needs your support more than ever. This is so hard. It took all the courage I had to press the "submit" button.

Thank you.

much love,

boyd

--------------------
*all respect to former managers - who's roster still bears one of the biggest and best bands around; We credit them as guiding Eisley's career to this successful, positive point. Many kudos, thanks and best of luck. This new direction for Eisley should possibly be credited to their bent on independence; the young, mutinous rebels are mixing it up these days... taking control.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Last edited by boyd on Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
pzy
Wookie Luke

I wish Jon the best in anything he does in the future... I hope this tour isn't the last time I'll ever see him.

We'll all miss you, Jon!

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

well that was unexpected Shocked

Sorry to hear this news,Good luck Jon

Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
well that was unexpected Shocked

Yeah. It was. That's upsetting Sad ..but best of luck, Jon, with whatever you choose to do in the future. We'll miss you.

I met him for the first time on July 14th, I hope it's not the last.
boyd
Eisleyoid

i'm sure i left out tons of stuff I could have said...

"that's me in the spot light.... oh no I've said to much; haven't said enough..."

I appreciate (in advance) everyone's positive, mature attitude/perspective on this forum. We hope there won't be a bunch of second guessing and arguements that break out over this... I haven't meant to sound vague at all, but if anyone wants to talk to Jon about his life, that's between you and Jon. I don't want these challenges or controversies to appear on this forum... i don't want Jon to have to defend himself. Those kinds of discussions can take place privately. This is his personal business. It's no more public than what I've already addressed. Make sense?

(hi Luke... yer mom's food was awesome)

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

Shocked

wow.

this is shocking to say the least. i regret that my show on the current tour has already passed or i'd personally wish him the best. at least i got to talk to him one last time while i was there.

gosh.. this sucks. jon. my favourite bass player (my favourite instrument).

good luck to everyone with this transition, especially garron.
sizeablescars
Golly, Poster

oh my gosh. This brought tears to my eyes. Crying or Very sad
This is so sad. I really wish I could've seen you guys on this tour.
Best of luck with whatever you do, Jon. You'll be missed!
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

I agree with everyone else, this seems very unexpected. Hopefully, Jon will be happier persuing the other things he wants to do with his life. No matter what, I still think Jon is great and will support his decision.

loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

I'm probably the only un-shocked person that has posted so far, and that was actually expecting this.

I will miss Jon, to say the least. He was always fun to hang out with at shows, but it is perfectly understandable. Touring will take a toll, and as long as he is doing what makes him happy. The band or not.

I don't know Garron, but I have no doubt everyone will welcome him very kindly, and that he will be the perfect addition to the band!

I will keep you all in my prayers though, as this transition into the new takes place!
Soadamango
Sea Post King

Well I definately hope the best for jon. I'm sorry i didn't talk to him more when i stayed after the show. I wish the best for eveyone and everything.

My livejournal Myspace?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Wow, this is so sad, I'm sure me and all the other laughing citizens will miss his crazy antics and his unparalleled bass lines. But, in the spirit of moving forward, lets all make sure to welcome Garron into the group, who I'm sure will do greatly (its in the blood afterall.)

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bathwater_m
Sea Post King

while reading through all that, i cant help but keep on looking at today's date, hoping it was an april fool prank or something.. Crying or Very sad

wow, really unexpected huge bit of news, kinda of upsetting Crying or Very sad
im still recovering from the sadness/shock...

but all the best of luck to everyone...

Super_Dave
Golly, Poster

I feel like breaking down in tears. I only hope for the BEST for you JON. It was awesome that Jon remember me and my band. The times I would speak with him when I went to go see Eisley. Going to miss you buddy. Good luck....

"Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret"

www.purevolume.com/247
Joined: 18 Oct 2004 | Posts: 618 | Location: San Antonio, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boyd
Eisleyoid

jon is still the boy next door...to me (he always hated that phrase) ; but mostly, my good friend. we shall share many cups of java together, i will get to see him often. i know he'll stay close... keep you guys informed. i still hate this reality, but i care about his life more. these last shows are going to be hard on us. long live jon.

phoenixdown
Vintage Newbie

With a tear in my eye, I say: I completely understand where Jon is coming from. Excusing the language: touring must be a bitch. No one blames you, old boy.

On the upside... press packs and album liners will be a bit easier to wrote for. Instead of "The Duprees... and a Wilson" is can now simply be "The Duprees... most of which are siblings but one of which is a cousin."

Hm. Maybe not.

Anyway...

Best wishes, Jon, and obviously you will always be welcome around here. Smile