Laughing City
Guybrush

Hey guys,
I was just wondering what guitars and pedals do the girls in eisley use? I play guitar (I have a strat and RV-3 Reverb/Digital Delay pedal) and i was wondering what pedal should I purchase next?...any essential pedals..or other line 6 equipment?

Also why do Eisley/Radiohead/Coldplay all use Rickenbacker (sp) guitars? What is makes their sound unique? Thanks! if boyd or any of the members of Eisley could reply to this that would be great!
 |  | 
Andrew
Lost at Forum

Heres some things that my band find neccicary and that are very good effects
Boss Blues driver
Boss Digital delay
vox wah
crybaby stereo volume controller
Ibanez tube screamer (classic)
also the line 6 amps are amazing theres nothing you cant do with them

Rickenbacker is a good brand but I think the reason Sherri chose it was because its like the one Jhon Lennon used. And Telecasters are all around good guitars there the back bone to the guitar world. It was the first mass production solid body guitar and it holds up to its good name.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
letdowntourist
Lost at Forum

if you really want a nice smoot distortion pedal for a great price (not like those fancy fulltones the eisley girls use... Wink ) pick up a Big Muff Pi. don't let the crazy name fool you... you can dial up the most gorgeous sounds with one of those.

as far as rickenbackers go, come on man, they're classics. the vintage style pickups in them give a really jangly 60's pop tone. very beatles sounding, or pretty much and mid-sixites band sound.

to what i did and said

piccysssssss
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

The boss blues driver is good, and so are the tube screamers, moded to sound like the original. I know that this post doesn't really have anything to do with eisleys equipment, but the best overdrive sound I have heard comes from a device called a power soak. It goes in between the amp head and the cab, and limits the volume, so you can hear the natural sound of the amp overdriving at a controllable volume level. The only problem is you cant turn it off, but It beats every pedal I have heard (even the full tones, and the super hard on).

I think ive seen sherri with a tube screamer, and letdown says they use fulltone overdrives also.

The big muff is good.. even for bass.

Guybrush

Thanks guys for your help! when it comes to music equipment I don't mind saving a bit longer to buy the best stuff...im gonna read up on all the pedals and things you guys told me about to see what i could use best

i think the next guitar i'm going to get will be a vintage tele
i have my eye on this beautiful 72' japanese vintage tele
 |  | 
Teh shane-0
Golly, Poster

the best thing to do is to go to a guitar center and try out all the pedals. ALL OF THEM. and then go buy it on ebay.

soulfulleslielou: I just drive this bus, I don't what's under the hood
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
scr0gg
Sea Post King

If I were you I'd go for the '52 Tele, or the American one. Fatter the better with those things, cuz they've always got the twang. It just adds versatility if you go for the fatter ones.
Joined: 22 Jun 2003 | Posts: 70 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas
vmiprestrain
Sea Post King

I've got an american strat and a mesa boogie dual rectifier that i'm quite happy with, but whenever i get something else it will be a Vox AC30 and a Gibson Firebird or vintage Les Paul Custom. if you want the best effects pedals in the world, just go to...

www.lovetone.com

The Creamy Dreamer Distortion/Sustainer is also one of my favorite pedals, but its not made anymore
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 434 | Location: Bridgewater, VA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Guybrush

Thanks guys
 |  | 

|  |