Laughing City
[[GiRTH]]Groelwyn
Sea Post King

Of course, I have lots of footage and could post pics, but....you were there; and I have to finish Toronto so I don't hurt the feelings of those wonderful Canadians. Anyway, I hope
there are some good posts with decently thought out reviews here. If not, I'm gonna assume that you thought the show sucked...and so will everyone else.

Hey. Boyd is hijacking this post in an effort to raise it's defcom level...an effort to generate some reviews that I can send to Dave and fans at the label...you know, just to keep them enthusiastic. (they're asking me...but I want to add some of yours to my email ) This is the first time Eisley has headlined Tree's...and the second time they've ever headlined a serious show, so...it would be cool to get some more comments. Obviously, there were no big press peeps in attendance, but honestly, there aren't any more important writer/editorialists than you...unless, of course, maybe me. (JUST serious... j.s.) No. but, umm... Thanks. (this big type gives me the creeps)

Boyd

Thanks [GIRTH]...now back to your post and review:

------------------

Damn... this was a really great show.... winning that poster board made it even better hehe... but yeah... the adventures of jet were really fun to watch... I thought MARVELOUS THINGS had a great melody line and it sounded its best tonight... oh yeah... that first encore song should be turned in as a song for the next Bond soundtrack Wink j/k... just the bass drum part sounded kinda Bondish.... if you know what i mean.... and Chauntelle's un-mic'd vocals are da best....

now scuse me while i nail this thing to the roof of my house so the astronauts can see it from space.... Shocked

Edit: forgot... i thought the bass sounded good too hehe

Last edited by [[GiRTH]]Groelwyn on Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:31 am; edited 3 times in total
CHRIS~!
Golly, Poster

What a fun show tonight! The crowd response was amazing. That's really cool that Eisley came back out and played two more songs. My new favorite song is "They All Surrounded Me". It's about a dragon.
Tex
Sea Post King

I agree about "They all surrounded me." It made me smile. Smile

Great show!

ptah
Sea Post King

Lucky you for winning that poster board, that was a very cool item. Let me know when you want to sell it to me - hehe.

Last night's show was simply amazing. Having gone to both last weekends shindig & last night's, Trees wins out - sorry Fort Worth. The energy in the room from the get go was incredible. All three bands really fed off it well.

Yes - the AOJ does bring the ROK in fine fashion, don't they. Love that band.

And Eisley, my gosh what a GREAT set turned in by them. They played everything. I've been trying to think if I've seen a better performance from them. An encore of two songs no less. Glad they pulled out Blacken Crown & Silver Bugs and dusted them off - they sounded great, I've been missing them. Marvelous Things and Wings & Windows are two of my new favs. And that new song they said they weren't finished with, I think it was called Queen of Leaves or something like that, was very nice. Sounded finished to me, and the crowd sure responded to it. They played that song at the in-store show earlier in the day too, so it was nice to hear it twice.
Great bands, great crowd - what a night!

P.

p.s. I know I saw people there w/ video cameras, but did anyone get audio of the show? I'd love a copy of that...

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

the show made me remember again why i think eisley is so great... its because they are so great. its not funny how great they are.

i really liked to new song. and it was great to hear wings and windows again. :sigh:
Agent-E
Sea Post King

Yeah you are pretty damn lucky for winning that board all of my friends had given me their tickets so I could win but congrats haha.

Yes Eisleys show was amazing and the trees show was better than Ft.Worth the crowd was into it everyone went crazy it was great.

KyleRossP
Sea Post King

I think i'll get with Boyd and maybe we can design and build a Time Travel Machine so we can go back and see that show again! WOW!
I have had the pleasure of seeing Eisley play a bunch of times, and i have to say that last night at Trees was THE BEST i have ever seen them......that show completely rocked! The sound inside Trees was good, the crowd was large and excited and enthusiastic!! Eisley continue to get better and better....the new song, although a work in progress, has some very interesting vocals, i know it will be great when they finish building it.
Sunfeet and Sea King and Marvelous Things and Silver Bugs and Blackened Crown and Wings and Windows and what else can i say?? AHHHHHHH!
If the band reads this, i want to thank you for your MOST EXCELLENT performance!!!
Eisley....they are they are THEY are THEY are......truly marvelous things Smile
letdowntourist
Lost at Forum

i thought wings and windows sounded so fantastic. that song just wows. mr. pine was in good fashion as always as well. i missed you guys. thanks for playing the encore. i think it was the first encore i've seen you do.
to what i did and said

piccysssssss
Spark750
Sea Post King

The show was incredible. best ten bucks i ever spent. Mr. Pine and over the mountains sounded fantastic(they were the only songs i'd heard before the concert) and the encore was awesome. i bought laughing city at the show and loved it. One of the best concerts ive been to in awhile.
AearTeilu
Sea Post King

I seem to have forgotten the email address to contact about getting a shirt (oops). Does anyone else remember it?

As for the show, 'twas wonderful, even though -or perhaps because- none of you fell down or spewed mouthfuls of water or crashed & smashed your instruments like some others (poor, poor ...erm... jimi sticks?... Laughing ). Anyway, y'all look so sincere when you perform. Absolutely admirable. The night was highly enjoyable. Shall we do this again sometime?

tiffiny

that show was so wonderful. i enjoyed it to the roof top. i liked silver bugs Very Happy
 |  | 
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

great show, and set.. I like the encore alot too.

The new song was cool, and chauntelle is now my hero for making up such a cool guitar part on it. You guys are writting better and better.

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Quote:
I seem to have forgotten the email address to contact about getting a shirt (oops). Does anyone else remember it?

Until we get an online store set up, you can order shirts, and the "old works" cd from us, The DuPree's.
I will make an official post with info under EISLEYBLOG.

Thanks,
Kim
Thanks to everyone at TREES for making that such a wonderful show.
Your enthusiam for the band was so appreciated by us all. Smile
astronomyluna
Sea Post King

Some Pics from the show. Sorry, not that great.

http://www.achtungbaby.org/music/eisley/
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

astronomyluna wrote:
Some Pics from the show. Sorry, not that great.

http://www.achtungbaby.org/music/eisley/

I like the perspective of the pictures. I'm assuming there's a balcony. Seems like a great place to see the show.

Wish I could have been there... but I just couldn't make it to Dallas this time. -sigh-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number