Laughing City
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Hey, Fuse finally updated their website to show that they won March "Next Big Thing" contest. (even though the previous winner's list is still missing a pic Evil or Very Mad) However, they do have a video of some VJ named Conrad announcing them winning and telling the world a little about Eisley. I'm not sure if he's trying to be funny or what, but it seems like the guy is talking down to them and is kinda making fun of them. Kinda weird. Anyway, check it out.

http://www.fuse.tv/launcher.php?page=nbt

When the "Next Big Thing" thing comes up with all the band names, look at the lower left corner. It has a pic of Sherri and says that Eisley won for March. Click on Sherri's face and a pop-up will appear. Click on the "multi-media clip" of Tower's Next Big Thing. Presto! Sit back and watch the hiliarity. Confused
Last edited by Admiral79 on Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
brian_nguyen
Sea Post King

Are you kidding me? lol...
I think they're trying to pump a bit of humor into something that's very vague on the details.

Introspective Pop... Long Walks... Napping... Reading... Touring with Coldplay... the vid is like 1 minute long and described pictures several pictures from the Eisley website...
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 472 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
cmo
Sea Post King

That is the funniest thing I ever did see...

a quote from the super-duper news guy

"here they're reading a book"
"here they're reading a book, from a different angle"

wow humor is happy

people should get one

I don't know if this is constitutional or well in simpliar words if I can do this.. but I'm gonna try. ok I LOVE EISLEY and... they love me.. hahaha ok don't ask. but yay three cheers for EISLEY and ALL that is HAPPY!
Joined: 08 Mar 2005 | Posts: 220 | Location: Kingsford Michigan
Igaveflowerstostacy
Golly, Poster

that website is so freaking confusing, I can't find anything.

"I was on tour in the United States back in '89 and we did a show in Cincinnati. During that show I shouted out, 'It's great to be in Cincinnati!' That was a lie."
-David Bowie
Joined: 17 Mar 2005 | Posts: 649 | Location: Gotham City, Tennessee
ew
Sea Post King

Conrad and Steven do Fuse Action News which is supposed to be a shot at Mtv news and how none of their news is about music anymore. So Steven and Conrad get a half hour make dumb jokes and attempt to be funny..

fyi.
brian_nguyen
Sea Post King

ew wrote:
Conrad and Steven do Fuse Action News which is supposed to be a shot at Mtv news and how none of their news is about music anymore. So Steven and Conrad get a half hour make dumb jokes and attempt to be funny..

fyi.

Explains a lot...
Btw... to the person having trouble navigating Fuse's site... the Next Big Thing comes up as a popup from the initial page (the ENTER page, not the actual page that you enter)...

so disable those popup blockers for this site!
Navigation on a Flash site is difficult... and heck, the fact that they used Flash for a site with this much content is a tad bit risky...

Makes it so much harder to use the searching tools of the browsers and search engines these days with an all flash site...
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 472 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Last edited by brian_nguyen on Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
ew
Sea Post King

Conrad isnt as funny as Steven is..

That might be because he sounds like Mr Moviephone.
Clark
Vintage Newbie

That was kinda weird. It definately could have been done better. Or at least without the sarcasm. But cool nonetheless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

That was just stupid. I'm glad they said Eisley so much, but that wasn't even funny for half a second. I don't even get it. Maybe I just lost my sense of humour.
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Wow, they did really just rip off pics from the website. The one about them opening for Coldplay has the text that Boyd puts on it the photos.
Super_Dave
Golly, Poster

Admiral79 wrote:
Wow, they did really just rip off pics from the website. The one about them opening for Coldplay has the text that Boyd puts on it the photos.

Those B*******!!!!

"Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret"

www.purevolume.com/247
Joined: 18 Oct 2004 | Posts: 618 | Location: San Antonio, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
freshc00kies
Sea Post King

i have NO IDEA where to go! [goes back to corner]

http://myspace.com/camtchung
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

freshc00kies wrote:
i have NO IDEA where to go! [goes back to corner]

When the "Next Big Thing" thing comes up with all the band names, look at the lower left corner. It has a pic of Sherri and says that Eisley won for March. Click on Sherri's face and a pop-up will appear. Click on the "multi-media clip" of Tower's Next Big Thing. Presto! Sit back and watch the hiliarity. Confused
The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

wow...That guy was lame.

how many times can he say "introspection" again? turd. I'm glad they won though. Very Happy

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
freshc00kies
Sea Post King

that was awesome.... i got a good laugh from that! "here they are reading a book [shows next picture] here they are reading a book from a different angle" ooo conrade conrade...

http://myspace.com/camtchung
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger