Laughing City
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

There's a whole 16 page write up about the award winners on the web.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues/2005-05-05/news/feature_5.html

Here's what they said about Eisley.

Stacy and Sherri Dupree (Eisley)
Best Female Vocalist
"Melodic," "angelic," "melancholy," "lovely," "crystalline," "cloying"--these are but a smattering of rock-crit adjectives slathered upon the sisters DuPree, whose Eisley bowed, at last, with a full-length, Room Noises. Those who would dismiss them as cloying--and, Rolling Stone, we're looking in your direction--miss the point entirely. Or perhaps they simply can't stomach so much loveliness in one sitting. This is light stuff but not lightweight, sweet stuff but not saccharine, moody stuff but never so mellow you could roast it over a campfire between graham crackers and chocolate bars. There's a reason Coldplay loves them so, and why Snow Patrol took them on tour: They make modern rock for people not yet ready to move into the future, for those who prefer their heartbreak comforting and their romance discomfiting and their salty tears just a tad bit sweeter than everyone else's.

Sure, the DuPrees write and perform material that's not hard to mock ("how the pollen fell all around your face in strange, yellow patterns"; "all the war horses wore rubber bands"). Anything's easy to dump on if you refuse to get it. But make no mistake: It takes guts to get out there and pretend punk (or, for that matter, rock of any kind) never happened, to open your mouths and let fly with some of the most florid imagery and baroque vocals this side of Tori Amos or Kristen Hersh or that chick from the Cardigans. Punk doesn't take guts. Singing about dreary birds parading across dreary skies and bats with butterfly wings, Holmes, that takes real balls. It's deceptively simple--the innocent longings of young women not yet ready to give up little-girl things, not yet ready to accept that what's out there is far less interesting or rewarding than what remains untouched and unblemished in here. --Robert Wilonsky
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

For an elitist film snob that gives away 85% of a movie in the review, he did a good job on that Razz

Congratulaaaaaaaations
EISLEY! Hey. (claps hands)

~JaL~
Sea Post King

congrats Eisley! Surprised
KyleRossP
Sea Post King

If anyone ever doubts whether Sherri and Stacy are good singers, all you have to do is put on your Room Noises CD, and listen to the very very end of "One Day I Slowly Floated Away".
I can have the worst possible day ever, and go home, and listen to that song a few times, and when that vocal interplay at the very end of that song plays, you're carried far away, and all is right in the world again. I don't hear very much new music these days that does that for me.....and i know Eisley does that to all of you, too.
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

EisleyForever wrote:
For an elitist film snob that gives away 85% of a movie in the review, he did a good job on that :P

Congratulaaaaaaaations
EISLEY! Hey. (claps hands)

one thing that gets to me though is the almost apologetic tone of the second paragraph.The observer is the biggest bunch of brats ever. Now The Met on the other hand, that was a cool weekly.

reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
Wow! We had no idea!

I hope the Pilotdrift guys received for them. We asked them to.
and....Pilotdrift, Midlake, and Radiant better have won in their categories!

Who Radiant?
Cause I know I love those other mentioned already thanks to Chauntelle.
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 | Posts: 489 | Location: orlando,fl,usa
sweeeeet
Golly, Poster

SWEET! Congratulations to Eisley!