60%
 60%  [ 18 ]
I live in a cave and don't believe in computers
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 30

guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

Well, with the possibility of having a job soon, I'm wanting to get myself a laptop. Plus, I'll need it for school as I'll be starting some classes at the local community college. But I'm wondering, what everyone has to say on the whole Mac vs. PC battle. The reasons for me wanting a Mac, other than the fact that they're really pretty and you can get one with a backlit keyboard, are that it seems like the recording software that I want to get run better on them. Also, after having about 8 or 9 viruses(darn trojan horses and worms that can disable Norton), I don't want to have to deal with those as much. Plus, there are apparently very few viruses written for Mac since it's not as widely used as Windows/PC based computers. But...

When it comes to finances, PC is the cheaper route to go because you can get a bit more bang for your buck...

Discuss...

MoreOfTheSame
Vintage Newbie

Only geeks and nerds who can't get laid use computers.

Flickr
Transvaal IV - Myspace : Virb
Deep Thoughts About Shallow Subjects
Joined: 02 Sep 2003 | Posts: 2455 | Location: Grapevine, TX
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

MAC!

I donīt have a Mac, but they do have macs where I work. Those.are.awesome.
Iīm planning to steal one some day. (they have two, so no one will notice it) Laughing jk jk jk Razz

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

If you can afford it (and it's less money than you'd think in the long run), go with a Mac. Not only do the have style, but they ooze with substance. I would say more, but I have to work now ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

Actually, I just customized an iBook and it didn't turn out to what I was expecting. But if I go Mac, it'll definitely be the 15-inch widescreen PowerBook. Macs are so purdy.
-Samara-
Vintage Newbie

mac!.
i have a white ibook for school.
every single kid has to have one..even the year 2s have them..

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

guitarfreak217 wrote:
Actually, I just customized an iBook and it didn't turn out to what I was expecting. But if I go Mac, it'll definitely be the 15-inch widescreen PowerBook. Macs are so purdy.

What fell short of expectation? Just curious. I know Macs aren't perfect, but hey, I like 'em.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, at the school that my mom works at, every kid from 4-6th grade have an iBook. And they didn't have to pay a cent. It turns out that that school is where new technology(that the district wants to potentially use) is tested.
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
guitarfreak217 wrote:

What fell short of expectation? Just curious. I know Macs aren't perfect, but hey, I like 'em.

Didn't turn out as expensive as I was expecting. Even though it still is quite pricy.

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

depends on what you wanna do

if you wanna do artistic stuff, go for a mac
if you want like...gaming or something...go PC...

personally if i got a lap top i'd gor for a powerbook...

-Samara-
Vintage Newbie

guitarfreak217 wrote:
Yeah, at the school that my mom works at, every kid from 4-6th grade have an iBook. And they didn't have to pay a cent. It turns out that that school is where new technology(that the district wants to potentially use) is tested.

yea! our school is like that...

we are a tech school now..from K-12..

we have so many tech people around our school..its crazy..
most of the time they do nothing..i'm betting they plan land games with each other.

jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Hahaha. As of this post the votes are evenly distributed- 3 votes each.
Thats hilarious. Laughing

Francesca
Sea Post King

Definitely a Mac. I'm not kidding, they are so much better. In our house we have two Macs and a PC, both the Macs are so much better. Our older Mac has survived for ten years and is still really fast and can do so much more than our one year old PC. Our PC keeps crashing, or at least in crashes alot more than either Macs. Macs actually do what you tell them to. My Mac, the one I'm using now is blue, translucent, has never crashed, has a transparent mouse which lights up when you touch it, has a transparent keyboard, works with all the PC stuff aswell as Mac stuff, when I got it it had AppleWorks and stuff aswell as Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Entourage. It has Safari and Internet Explorer, is really fast, it's easy to hack stuff from it, it doesn't get any virii and it's generally much better than our PC. I don't have many games on this one, but on our other Mac we have way more games than our PC and they're all really good. Seriously Macs are so much better than PCs. The only bad thing about Macs is that they haven't made a good version of MSN Messenger for it so I'm stuck with a crappy old 4.0.1, however they're apparently going to release it soon so it's just as good as PCs, and then there will be nothing bad about it. I love my Mac. You can play around on it and totally change everything, you can even convince it that it's a PC and not a Mac if you really want to. It's just so so cool.
mushroom681
Sea Post King

what is a mac exactly?
kajqrd
Golly, Poster

I guess if we are talking notebooks I would definitely go with a mac... They are so well designed that I have seen nothing like it. Two years ago I would have said differently but I think the Mac has improved significantly since then while the PC notebooks seems to have stagnated just focusing on raw power instead of real innovation. If we are talking stationary computers I'd go with a PC mostly because of its significantly greater upgradability (is that a word) and compatibility with most software. So I'd say it depends on the function...
Joined: 19 Feb 2005 | Posts: 743 | Location: Herning, Denmark

goto page
 | next >>