Laughing City
twelfthman
Sea Post King

ok, now before everyone gets mad at me, hear me out. i LOVE eisley with a passion. they are awesome. but they just made a dumb decision. NEW FOUND GLORY? wtf. no. i'm not going to any of those concerts. come back again when i don't have to give my money to a crappy, whiny mtv "emo" band. hmph. please don't become sell outs. i love you guys too much. SAVE YOURSELVES WHILE YOU CAN.

much love,
a fan with good advice
gRegor
the gEek

Speaking of selling out, please don't be a fan sell out.

Or an elitist.

boone
Vintage Newbie

When you open for a band, you're usually not allowed to be picky. Rest assured, they're headlining their next tour, with Pilotdrift opening for them.

How much does that rule?

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Aye. You know there are not even like what, 5 shows left?

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nfgluver1423
Sea Post King

whoa.... umm nfg is NOT a "whiny mtv emo band". they are the nicest guys ever and they love eisley and wanted them to go on tour with them. they are helping eisley out so much with this tour. dont talk about nfg like that cause you probably dont know them or anything at all about them and until you dont dont talk crap about them, they dont deserve it at all.
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

nfgluver1423 wrote:
whoa.... umm nfg is NOT a "whiny mtv emo band". they are the nicest guys ever and they love eisley and wanted them to go on tour with them. they are helping eisley out so much with this tour. dont talk about nfg like that cause you probably dont know them or anything at all about them and until you dont dont talk crap about them, they dont deserve it at all.

yeah, i'd have to agree withthe above. I'm not the biggest fan of their music (but i do have Hit or Miss Stuck in my head!) but man...Chad and Jordan and Ian and Cyrus (sp?) and Steve...nicest guys ever, real good people...they don't deserve to be attacked, just because you don't like someone's music really doesn't give you the right to attack them, the best thing to do is just not go to the shows and keep it to yourself.

guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

I must say that this tour has changed my views of NFG as people. I still don't like their music, but they have shown themselves to be good people by embracing the band the way they have on this tour.
national phenomenon
Golly, Poster

NFG=teh rox0rz=bffl w/ Eisley. End of story. And no, I haven't listened to them since 8th grade. They're still cool, though. I wish I could be cool like them and hang out with Eisley.
Arctic Tundra
Sea Post King

We all have our different passions for the specific geners of music that move us. We should all just respect one another for that, because if you think about it we're all in the same exact boat. I guess it's just what catches your ear. Everyone take care please.

www.myspace.com/Krystleann
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Arctic Tundra wrote:
We all have our different passions for the specific geners of music that move us. We should all just respect one another for that, because if you think about it we're all in the same exact boat. I guess it's just what catches your ear. Everyone take care please.

Well said. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
phoenixdown
Vintage Newbie

Not a good first post, dude. I'd be wary of making a second.
We're not down with hostility and elitism like that around here.
kajqrd
Golly, Poster

Wow, calm down... OK, so he posted something not quite well thought out. But he could be a nice guy still and it would be really sad if we scare him away after his first post... So, Twelfthman, yes we think NFG are cool guys (even cooler with a few paintballs from a slingshot on them...) and no you don't have to like their music to like Eisley. Just don't bash them based more on preconception and ignorance than actually knowing the band. As long as you do that I just keep posting along... Try to keep it positive. People here are nice guys (and girls...) but we can be pretty protective both to Eisley and any friends of theirs...
Joined: 19 Feb 2005 | Posts: 743 | Location: Herning, Denmark
danieldugdale
Sea Post King

I agree nfg sucks......with a passion, but hey just go for Eisley
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Wow...this is pretty strange to pop up again with only five shows left.

I just want to say that I had the pleasure of meeting all the NFG, and RTFA peeps last night at the Dallas show.
I will say this, in all the tours that EISLEY has been on, all of these guys in both bands have treated EISLEY with the utmost respect, and shown them true friendship.

Every guy that I met last night, was very kind, courteous, and respectful....almost bowing to me like I had spawned royalty in giving birth to 4 of the EISLEY members.

True, this has been a strange line up of music styles, but I know that all of EISLEY has had a great time touring with these bands, and have been treated like kings and queens. They all have had the best of times on this tour.

I really don't want to see this post get into one of those, bashing the original thread starter, (that is entitled to his/her own opinion), even if it could have been thought out and said in a nicer way....
And, I don't want to see this get into another defending the NFG and RTFA guys. I think by now, those of us that have been around the board during this tour, will admit that we've had our share of those, and found that we have made some new friends with NFG and RTFA fans that have come along and become EISLEY fans.

I personally want to thank NFG for the kind and generous way that they have reached out to EISLEY, and wish both bands continued success.

all the best,
kd Wink