Laughing City
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

well, by now we all know that eisley is touring this summer with lovedrug and pilotdrift, and that they will be hitting cambridge, ma. what not many people do not know is that it seems that eisley will be playing quite late. for the MA and NYC dates that i'm attending, i believe that eisley is scheduled to go on at 12:15 in the morning.

wait, that's not the point of this thread. anyway, 12:15 is when eisley hits the stage. but then dan curiously glances to his immediate right to notice on his eisley tix that doors are at 8:30.

so let's do the math... give, at the MAX, an hour until pilotdrift hits the stage. we're at 9:30. say lovedrug leaves, at the earliest 11:45, and eisley has a half hour to prep. if you give lovedrug 15 minutes to prep, that leaves both openers with an hour long set AT LEAST.

that's pretty sweet. what's even better is that, if common concert rules apply, eisley will be getting more than an hour. say an hour and a half. room noises is 12 songs, 38 minutes long. we'll say that it takes 45 minutes for all the jibber jabber in between songs. there's an extra 45 minutes for non-album EP songs, and songs like mr pine, head against the sky, or the escaping song.

OK SO WHAT'S MY POINT?

if i learned how to tell time back in 1st grade...

1)pilotdrift and lovedrug will be getting hour long sets. for fans like me, who enjoy both openers, this is amazing and i am really excited.

2)more importantly, eisley will be playing 20+ songs.

3)we're going to hear a lot of oldies

4)there will be plenty of time for boyd to play the drums for us Cool

correct me if i'm wrong, but this tour is going to rock
brian_nguyen
Sea Post King

BNROCKS wrote:

correct me if i'm wrong, but this tour is going to rock

12:15 AM is a bit harsh... I wonder why the first band couldn't start at 7, instead of 9...

Seriously, considering the show here in Montreal is on a Thursday (and hey, I'm not complaining, it's better than no Eisley at all... that's for sure), I have courses and work the next day... Ah well... 3 hours of sleep...

Lots of caffeinated breverages. Just like the band. Laughing
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 472 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

That's so awesome.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

well, yeah i don't know about the other nights that they're playing. the nyc show is on a friday night, and the ma show is the next day.

but hey, these are the things you look back on and say, "man, that was sooo worth it", you know?
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

no metro for me, hahaha.
i haven't figured out how i'm getting to these shows yet, interesting...will think later...

good points dan...

brian_nguyen
Sea Post King

300 capacity venue... starting @ 9... Should be an upclose and intimate show, as they say...
Hoping it doesn't rain this time... so Montreal doesn't end up being "that rainy city" in Boyd's head.
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 472 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Burnout Kid
Sea Post King

gosh, i really wish they could schedule a show at the creepy crawl in st. louis, or the pageant, or just somewhere near st. louis, missouri.

i'd be in heaven to see one of those shows, but i can't make any of the confirmed dates, so far.
Joined: 14 Jun 2004 | Posts: 264 | Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
Glenn
Sea Post King

I've been to a lot of shows at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC and I've never seen an opening band get an hour to play. Not once. I don't doubt the math but I think that some information somewhere must be incorrect. I also highly doubt that Eisley will go as late as 12:15. The only show I've ever seen happen that late at The Bowery was a CMJ showcase and it was the late show for that particular showcase.

EDIT

I just checked the Bowery Ballroom website and my ticket confirmation info and both say that doors are at 8:00 p.m. A standard Bowery show should have the first opener on no later than 9:00 p.m. It could be even earlier than that. Headliners at Bowery go on between 10:30 and 11:00 95% of the time. I'm just curious to know where this information about a 12:15 start time came from.

In any case, no matter what time they go on, I shall certainly make your aquaintance there. I'll be there bright and early to grab a good spot up front. Smile

nfgluver1423
Sea Post King

they're playing bowery again?? i hate that place now because of what happened at the nfg show before.

but its kinda weird that they would start that late.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

Glenn wrote:
I'm just curious to know where this information about a 12:15 start time came from.

In any case, no matter what time they go on, I shall certainly make your aquaintance there. I'll be there bright and early to grab a good spot up front. Smile

well i know for a fact that the MA show has eisley listed as starting at 12:15. for the NYC show, my friend justin had said that the start time was the same. i took his word for it but he is probably wrong. it's 8 PM doors for the ballroom, for the record

yeah, i'll definitely be glad to meet any new yorkers at the show. this will be my first time in the city since my 8th grade field trip, 5 years ago. we'll talk more when the show approaches.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

WHOA WHOA WHOA i just checked out the calender on the venue for the MA date's site and it has the following times

Eisley-12:15
Lovedrug-11:15
Pilotdrift-10:15

AND a third opener Confused

The Ginsko Method-9:15

i guess this means lovedrug and pilotdrift will be getting 45 minute sets.. still pretty good. i'm not to happy about this third opener. looks like a local band too..
jbudlives
Sea Post King

BNROCKS wrote:
WHOA WHOA WHOA i just checked out the calender on the venue for the MA date's site and it has the following times

Eisley-12:15
Lovedrug-11:15
Pilotdrift-10:15

AND a third opener Confused

The Ginsko Method-9:15

i guess this means lovedrug and pilotdrift will be getting 45 minute sets.. still pretty good. i'm not to happy about this third opener. looks like a local band too..

Pilotdrift will probably play no more than 30-40 minutes every show on the tour.

Vintage Newbie

I think they have a local third opener for a lot of cities, so they can gain a larger audience.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

jbudlives wrote:

Pilotdrift will probably play no more than 30-40 minutes every show on the tour.

oh, and who are you to know? Wink Wink

i say 40 mins then.
livewirerach
Sea Post King

BNROCKS wrote:
jbudlives wrote:

oh, and who are you to know? Wink Wink

i say 40 mins then.

when it's an hour in between bands, that normally means a half-hour set (aside from attending many a concert, i work at a venue). plus, set times are up to each club - there's no way eisley would go on at 12:15a every date of the tour. plus, weekend night set times are always later than weekdays. hope that helps!