Laughing City
skewedVIEW
Sea Post King

well,
tonight was one of the most amazing shows i've ever been to, if not the best. the connotations blew me away -- their sound has matured so much since i last heard them. ester drang was awesome as always, and then there's eisley... wow, you blew my mind, guys. i hadn't been to a show since the church on the move show last year... don't get me wrong, i'd bought tickets for the past 2 shows in dallas, but had no way to get there... but wow, you guys have matured your sound even more, and the new songs are great. luckily, i am also goin' to tomorrows show as well, so maybe we can get through it without quite as many technical difficulties, eh Wink but seriously guys, awesome job tonight
Julie
Sea Post King

I agree. The show was wonderful. Kim and Boyd kicked butt getting everthing worked out. I know our crew didn't get to bed till 4 am. I'm sure the Dupree house was up just as late if not later.

And I just have to say that I love the way Chauntelle sings along but not in the microphone. She's great! Smile

I'll be there but who is coming on Saturday? I'm ready to do this again!

Julie

then we could go find some playground and swing on the swings until our arms and legs hurt and we'd laugh that we let this world let us down. -Colleen Kelley
Last edited by Julie on Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

yes it was grand! I enjoyed the new songs.. especially the last one... Silver something. The one when Chauntelle played the chords she didnt think she'd remember. And weston didnt play the drums. That one. Ok, maybe that was two songs.
Julie
Sea Post King

I wished you all would have had some kind of identification of secret hand shake so that I would have been able to tell who was who from the board. I was working the door and tried my hardest to tell who was who on the list. I think I figured out one or two... but yeah, good times!

Julie

then we could go find some playground and swing on the swings until our arms and legs hurt and we'd laugh that we let this world let us down. -Colleen Kelley
letdowntourist
Lost at Forum

the work put into last night was evident, everyone. it was one of the best shows i've been to. eisley... that last song... entrancing... mindblowing... loved it. you are getting so mature in your songwriting, your performance is flawless... get ready they're gonna take over.
to what i did and said

piccysssssss
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

Julie wrote:
I wished you all would have had some kind of identification of secret hand shake so that I would have been able to tell who was who from the board. I was working the door and tried my hardest to tell who was who on the list. I think I figured out one or two... but yeah, good times!

Julie

I dont think anyone else payed their $8 with uncirculated consecutive two-dollar bills.

and i agree with mr tourist, ya'll must have worked hard the night before to present the new songs. thanks for taking that chance.

Julie
Sea Post King

Unregistered wrote:
Julie wrote:

Julie

I dont think anyone else payed their $8 with uncirculated consecutive two-dollar bills.

and i agree with mr tourist, ya'll must have worked hard the night before to present the new songs. thanks for taking that chance.

That was you?!? Sweet! I was the one in the UPS shirt. haha... how fun! Tonight is going to rock just as hard.

Julie

skewedVIEW
Sea Post King

i'll be at saturday (tonight's) show as well... i will most likely be strutting my new connotations shirt (my eisley one is covered with coke from a terrible accident earlier today... yep, i managed to own it one day and spill coke all over it :-\) but yeah, i'll be in my green connotations shirt, jeans, and my blue chucks -- and long hair -- but i suppose that's STILL not that easily recognizable, huh?
AearTeilu
Sea Post King

I would be there tonight if I were allowed to drive further than Frisco and if certain people didn't have to work so that they could drive back out to Tyler for another fun-filled all-nighter. Wish wish wish wish wish.
Hope all went wonderfully anyway!

h4jgurl6788
Sea Post King

hey julie i saw you...umm u said my name wasent on the list and i said i had talked to boyd, my little friend with the shortish black hair knew the girl in the green shirt that was working with you from camp and i was wearing an orange shirt that said untide (a tide parody) and some blue cordoroys and i had long brown curly hair.......well if u dont remember me thats cool

the show was great!!!! i had soooooooooo much fun with the connotations and ester drang was niiiice and eisley of course blew me away!!! and the ppl at the show were great all of u were just awsome, this was my fiirst show to go to and i had so much fun, i dont think i will ever forget it (at least i hope i dont)

i personaly think it was awsome how eisley kept saying thank you and they just seemed so anti-rock starish up there ive heard many times that they were anti rock starish but to actually experiance it was something totally diffrent

ne ways i think i am not a crazed eisley fan but hey im haveing fun so i guess its all good

flag line and marching band has currently stolen my very life away from me...i cant escape its vortex.someone please rescue me from this black hole of death i call life....and remeber to be happy today!

right now im not online cuz my computer had a horrible and painful death.....i miss it very much but its kinda interesting being without computer, gives you more time to focus on other stuff
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buford Mills
Sea Post King

i am soo mad!! why do i have to be in dumb florida right now? i wanna go to brewtones. i miss brewtones. and eisley. and everything else.
Smittysr04
Sea Post King

Brewtones rocked.....end of story. The connotations were a great change up from the ultra-mellow Drang and Eisley. Eisley.........I love you guys, your the bestest. The show was utterly amazing, met alot of great folks, listened to the music.........it was a good thing.
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

Last night rocked to the max. The connotaions were good. I thought ester drang were awsome, and eisley blows my mind with how good thier live performance is now, and with the new music. I like that very last song a whole lot, and It was good to here brightly wound again.

Everytime I go to brewtones (2 now.) I have had a blast, so Thanks to boyd n' kim and the bands, and everyone else who help put it on.

h4jgurl6788
Sea Post King

yeah thanks yous guys!! i really hope it starts doing a monthley thing again cuz that was great fun!
flag line and marching band has currently stolen my very life away from me...i cant escape its vortex.someone please rescue me from this black hole of death i call life....and remeber to be happy today!

right now im not online cuz my computer had a horrible and painful death.....i miss it very much but its kinda interesting being without computer, gives you more time to focus on other stuff
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stephen
Sea Post King

great shows guys. enjoyed them both. thanks
Joined: 12 Feb 2003 | Posts: 259 | Location: athens, grand prairie, denton.... im a nomad