Laughing City
reclaimer
Sea Post King

why isn't eisley going going to Creation? that would've been awesome.
Balanced1nsanity
Sea Post King

where is creation???
Joined: 07 May 2005 | Posts: 75 | Location: bremen, georgia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

Balanced1nsanity wrote:
where is creation???

in Eden. Don´t be late or you´ll miss the soul free-sample giveaway!!!

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
phoenixdown
Vintage Newbie

The Christian music festival? Well, it might have something to do with the fact that they don't consider themselves a Christian band. I do hope they play at the Gorge again sometime, though (they did on the Coldplay tour, before I'd heard of them).
Balanced1nsanity
Sea Post King

none of their lyrics really refer to anything dealing with Christianity. Okay.. in Trolleywood it says Hallelujah.. but that's it kids.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Balanced1nsanity
Sea Post King

Apparently these are some type of ranking. How do you climb up the latter?
Balanced1nsanity
Sea Post King

ahh, put that in the wrong thing.. oopsie, ignore my last statement
gRegor
the gEek

I don't believe they're opposed to playing at "Christian festivals" per se -- it was largely due to the Cornerstone festival where they played the New Band Showcase that they got their "big start" which led to them being signed. At the same time, of course, I'm sure they don't want the leeches in the Christian industry latching onto them trying to claim them as their "Christian band" and blah blah.

There's also a lot of other factors involved such as other touring opportunities, and basically management tries to keep them as available as possible for good opportunities instead of booking a lot of "one off" dates.

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Balanced1nsanity wrote:

You know instead of creating a new post pointing out how you messed up you might've simply deleted it. If your post is the most recent post on a thread, you can delete it. FYI.

JD

Vegetable
Vintage Newbie

jdstories wrote:
Balanced1nsanity wrote:

You know instead of creating a new post pointing out how you messed up you might've simply deleted it. If your post is the most recent post on a thread, you can delete it. FYI.

JD

yeah, and you can also edit the post, so it´s not necessary to make three posts in a row Smile

Visit my Pic Album!
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 | Posts: 3973 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

gRegor wrote:
At the same time, of course, I'm sure they don't want the leeches in the Christian industry latching onto them trying to claim them as their "Christian band" and blah blah.

Yeah, they (Brian Quincy Newcomb of Hard Music Magazine) tried to trick Stacy into saying Eisley was a "Christian band". And I feel that he tried to make her look stupid for standing her ground.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Eno_Not_Emo
Sea Post King

Oh, this would have been cool if it were about:
a) the band Creation or
b) the Creation label.
joseph
Lost at Forum

Vegetable wrote:
jdstories wrote:
Balanced1nsanity wrote:

JD

yeah, and you can also edit the post, so it´s not necessary to make three posts in a row Smile

but, it is necessary if you're trying to increase your post count and improve your hierarchy.

But, that's pointless here.

**the turtle stamp of approval**

www.soulstrum.com
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

joseph wrote:
Vegetable wrote:
jdstories wrote:
Balanced1nsanity wrote:

JD

but, it is necessary if you're trying to increase your post count and improve your hierarchy.

But, that's pointless here.

Let us hope that person realizes that.

JD

oversimplified(myband)
Sea Post King

phoenixdown wrote:
The Christian music festival? Well, it might have something to do with the fact that they don't consider themselves a Christian band. I do hope they play at the Gorge again sometime, though (they did on the Coldplay tour, before I'd heard of them).

technically most of the bands most people think of as "Christian" call them self a non Christians band, but Chrictians in a band (about every band on Tooth and nail records)..... and they still play the Christian Fests. I guess its hard for some people to get that they don't want "Christian gigs".

goto page
 | next >>