Laughing City
Manwe
Sea Post King

I just wanted to thank Eisley for not pushing their political agenda (what ever it may be) down my throat. I just wish all the other bands would do the same. Thats it just a simple thank you.
Joined: 05 Aug 2005 | Posts: 135 | Location: Under a bridge
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
monique
Sea Post King

I agree. I get a bit annoyed when bands try do to this at shows. I'd rather hear their music.
CaughtOnFilm
Laughing Citizen

they talk about much more important things between songs.
when they came here sherri was like
"so.... you guys read the new harry potter book yet?"
hahah. i love eisley.

www.imahuman.tumblr.com
www.isitreallysostrange.wordpress.com
[i spend too much time on the internet, apparently.]

.the.loser.you.love.
Sea Post King

hooray for eisley Very Happy

wanna fanta?!
loverfortonight
Sea Post King

me, i like politics, but i do agree that it is good that they do not press their political ideology on their fans. however, for some young kids in the audience, it is good for bands to voice opinions or facts about politics in society, since a lot of kids don't know all too much about politics. it gets them interested in it and makes them care about it more when somebody they respect, like a musician, speaks about politics in some way.
Manwe
Sea Post King

CaughtOnFilm wrote:
they talk about much more important things between songs.
when they came here sherri was like
"so.... you guys read the new harry potter book yet?"
hahah. i love eisley.

^haha dito^

Joined: 05 Aug 2005 | Posts: 135 | Location: Under a bridge
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

loverfortonight wrote:
me, i like politics, but i do agree that it is good that they do not press their political ideology on their fans. however, for some young kids in the audience, it is good for bands to voice opinions or facts about politics in society, since a lot of kids don't know all too much about politics. it gets them interested in it and makes them care about it more when somebody they respect, like a musician, speaks about politics in some way.

No, it makes them blindly agree with the musician that they "respect" and not think for themselves.

I was at a Flogging Molly show close to election time and they showed this big anti-Bush video. I mean, it was pretty funny, and they put on a great show, but why do they find it necessary to press their beliefs onto their fans?

Robby
Sea Post King

i stop liking bands when they go political.

... none of them REALLY know what they're talking about anyway.

except for maybe one.
antlers
Golly, Poster

i agree. i get extremely miffed when bands force their politics on you.
when we break, we'll wait for our miracle. god is a place where some holy spectacle lies. when we break, we'll wait for our miracle. god is a place you will wait for the rest of your life. -neutral milk hotel
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

i just think it's great how eisley has found a nice topic of things to write their songs about thats sort of uncommon from all other bands. that's peaceful and everyone can relate to. and not morally or unmorally suggesting things. it's just being adventurous, carefree loving music
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

I'd like to see a band force their politics on someone. That would be most humorous. I wonder how they'd do that? That is what terrorists do, btw. They use force to get their political message out. You people need to lighten up. Just because a band has chosen to use their popularity to get their message heard, it does not qualify as using force.

JD

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Bright Eyes can get a bit heavy with it.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Bright Eyes can get a bit heavy with it.

that's why he made the desaparecidos, to push his message. but now they are on hiatus, so he's at a loss for where to turn.

i think that shoving it down people's throats can be irritating, but i also think that if you have the ability to have your voice heard, then you should use it.

ComePartMental
Sea Post King

I think it's great Eisley doesn't feel the need to do that. However, there is a difference between forcing one's opinion down others throats and simply expressing one's opinion.

edit: Actually, I think Eisley is truly a rebellious band. And only in the sense that now where you have all of these other bands that focus on angst-ridden topics and are pissed off at the system or whatever...and then you have Eisley. It's very much a trend now to be angry and has been for a while in Rock music. Eisley has found some success in writing dreamy, innocent, and pretty songs. And it's not like they're the only ones but they've done it in a very different way.

i'll shut-up now. Very Happy

livejournal\\

//deviantart
Joined: 11 Sep 2004 | Posts: 99 | Location: Bridgewater, Ma
boyd
Eisleyoid

well, it's a shame they don't push their political agenda since it involves me.
i mean... it's no secret. they want me to run. i just keep saying..."kids, when we get the band off the ground.... MAYBE.... just maybe; no promises, but if you're good, and you play good, then just maybe your ole daddeh will run."

(i didn't tell them "what" i'd run for... but it's probably going to be like... run for my life, or run for cover, or run ragged, or run around, or something... but I can't tell them because it'll ruin it. I just want them to keep playing good so i have to keep dangling the political celantro in front of their face.)

that's our politics.

Boyd DuPree. Musicrat
Running in 2006

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists

goto page
 | next >>