Laughing City
eatahouse
Sea Post King

Does anyone know what the second single for Room Noises is coming out? And what song is it?
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

There have been a bunch of other posts about this, no one knows. Not even the band. I don't think the band has entire say about it, either. The label probably does.

Chances are another single won't be released until Telescope Eyes gets a little more popularity, anyway.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
eatahouse
Sea Post King

hisownshot wrote:
Chances are another single won't be released until Telescope Eyes gets a little more popularity, anyway.

Oh, I guess they'll never release another single then.

The only songs that have any chance at doing well in the mainstream are Telescope Eyes (didn't work), My Lovely, and Lost at Sea.
maladroit_me
Lost at Forum

eatahouse wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

The only songs that have any chance at doing well in the mainstream are Telescope Eyes (didn't work), My Lovely, and Lost at Sea.

I think they will. Sometimes it takes awhile for something to catch on, it may not have happened with Telescope Eyes but the next single could take off right away.
And Telescope Eyes could still do well, you just never know.
Joined: 09 Apr 2005 | Posts: 1299 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama
kitkat605
Golly, Poster

maladroit_me wrote:
eatahouse wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

I think they will. Sometimes it takes awhile for something to catch on, it may not have happened with Telescope Eyes but the next single could take off right away.
And Telescope Eyes could still do well, you just never know.

This is true. That "Collide" song by Howie Day really hit the airwaves around here the past few months when it was originally released around late '03/ early '04. Eisley will come around.
eatahouse
Sea Post King

I personally don't think Telescope Eyes will go big, unfortunately.

But my reply was a half-joke anyways.
Sabrina
Sea Post King

i don't telescope eyes will get any bigger either, and personally i like it how it is right now.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

but then, that's only really in the US. They've yet to gain mass support over here in the UK, and other places accross the world. yar.

As hisonshot wrote, this is a repeat thread. see the FAQ for more on that one. (basic point: search if your topic has been started already. courtesy thing, really, methinks).

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

i think at this point most of us...could say..that marvelous things and i wasnt prepared sound like "single songs" but then again it's eisleys choice right? and they can pick whatever they want, which is kinda cool..even if it is just like we do. i think the fans will be happy with anything.
hakeber
Sea Post King

Don't forget, bands like Maroon 5, the Black Eyed Peas or even Sixpence None the Richer who had studio albums out for at least a year (waaaaay longer in the case of sixpence) before a particular single would become a hit... In the case of Maroon 5 their first single was fairly popular.. but once their second and third singles came out from the same album they became ridiculously popular.

I think Eisley is already pretty big, and given time I think they will get even more popular... but I agree with whoever said I like things the way they are now, and am really in no rush to see them become superstars...

cgar7
Vintage Newbie

i think my lovely would be a good choice i have to say out of all the songs on room noises i hate lot at sea .i mean as much as anyone of us can hate an Eisley song.Telescope Eyes is a close second.

Eisley super stars. can you imagine if they got really famous .you know like seeing Chauntelle in Star magazine ,Sherri on cribs ,or Stacy out clubing with Paris Hilton.that would be weird i hope they never get that famous but i do want them to like Coldplay famous they deserve that.

Here's the game of grand mistakes while floating with a fan above a nothing.The crowd is ready sides are steady you are clutching my hand, it is hurting
Kit
Sea Post King

"My Lovely," "Golly Sandra," or "Plenty of Paper" would make good singles. I can't remember the last time I listened to "Telescope Eyes." In fact, I think I have only listened to the Room Noises version once. If I listen to that song, I normally listen to the MossEisley EP2 version.

I personally think "Lost at Sea" is a great song, but it should not be a single for sure.
superhits
Sea Post King

Sabrina wrote:
i don't telescope eyes will get any bigger either, and personally i like it how it is right now.

there's a rumor that they'll be on MTV soon
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I don't think "Telescope Eyes" has even been released to radio yet, so we can't say much about it's popularity right now. It's getting massive airplay on cable music stations, for all that. Since it's not even an official radio single yet, I think it's pretty remarkable that it's getting as much publicity as it is.

Also,

superhits wrote:
there's a rumor that they'll be on MTV soon

That's confirmed by Boyd. Starting later this month, I believe.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oc325
Sea Post King

maroon 5's album came out in 2002. that was quite awhile ago. and theyve only become huge in the last year or two.