Laughing City
syntheticrain
Sea Post King

Does anyone know of a list that tells who sings the vocals in each song? I know some of them are listed on the OGG site, but not all of them. Sometimes it's hard to tell who's singing, and it would be nice to know. Anyone? If you know for sure who sings a certain song, maybe we could come up with a list or something? Thanks in advance.
Joined: 07 May 2005 | Posts: 41 | Location: San Antonio, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

i think between all of us we could figure it out. post a list of songs that you want to know who sings what and we can all just work our way down the list.
syntheticrain
Sea Post King

becoming you
blackened crown
brightly wound
cobalt/cookie cutter mystery
dream for me
golly sandra
head against the sky
i wasnt prepared
just like we do
lady of the wood
laughing city
lost at sea
marvelous things
memories
mr pine
my lovely
one day i slowly floated away
over the mountains
plenty of paper
pretender
queen of leaves
sea king
silver bugs
telescope eyes
the escaping song
the winter song
they all surrounded me
tree tops
trolly wood
vintage people
wings and windows

not a complete list, but it's a start
thanks to any who can help
Last edited by syntheticrain on Tue May 24, 2005 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chasd00

I'm only 100% sure on like 3 of these so please any corrections are welcome.

becoming you - Sherri
blackened crown - Sherri
brightly wound
dream for me - Sherri
golly sandra - Stacy
head against the sky - Sherri
i wasnt prepared - Sherri
just like we do - Stacy
lady of the wood - Stacy
laughing city - Sherri mostly with Stacy in harmony
lost at sea - Sherri
marvelous things - majority is Sherri
memories - starts with Stacy (stacy if voice of husband, sherri is voice of wife)
mr pine - Sherri
my lovely
one day i slowly floated away - Sherri
over the mountains
plenty of paper - Sherri
queen of leaves
sea king
silver bugs - Sherri
telescope eyes - Sherri
the escaping song
the winter song - Stacy
they all surrounded me - Stacy
tree tops - Sherri
trolly wood
vintage people - Sherri
wings and windows

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

In "Brightly Wound," Sherri sings the first and second verses and high harmony on the chorusl; Stacy sings low harmony on the chorus and the "I am just wishing" part of the second verse.

For "Golly Sandra," Stacy sings it all with Sherri on harmony.

For "I Wasn't Prepared," Sherri sings the first verse and first and second chorus with Stacy on the low harmony and second verse.

For "Just Like We Do," Stacy sings it all with Chauntelle on harmony. (When they perform it live, Sherri sings harmony.)

For "Lost at Sea," Sherri sings it all with Stacy on harmony.

For "Marvelous Things," Stacy sings the verses and bridge with Sherri singing the melody of the chorus and Stacy on low harmony.

For "Memories," Stacy sings both verses and low harmony on the chorus, while Sherry sings the chorus beginning with "My lovely wife" and "But her life is." Stacy sing's the "husband" portion of the bridge, and Sherri sings the higher "wife" portion.

In "My Lovely," Sherri sings it all with Stacy on harmony.

In "One Day I Slowly Floated Away," Stacy sings verses and harmony on the chorus, with Sherri on the chorus melody.

In "Plenty of Paper," Sherri sings verses and chorus with Stacy on harmony, and Stacy sings the bridge.

In "Telescope Eyes," Sherri sings it all with Stacy on harmony.

In "The Escaping Song," Stacy sings it all with Sherri on harmony.

In "The Winter Song," (I'm not sure on this) Stacy sings the first verse and lower portion of chorus, with Sherri on the second verse and bridge and high part of chorus.

In "Tree Tops," Sherri sings it all with Stacy on harmony and the prechorus ahh-ahh-ahhs.

In "Trolley Wood," Sherri sings the first verse, harmony on the second verse and chorus, the third verse, and chorus. Stacy sings the second verse and chorus, harmony on the third verse, and harmony on the chorus.

In "Vintage People," Sherri sings it all with Stacy on harmony.

Most of that can be figured out by watching the live videos on this site and OGG. Smile With the other songs you listed, I can't say for certain; in older tracks it's harder to tell who's who.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KyleRossP
Sea Post King

Your list is HUGE......thats a project beyone the scope of this thread.

I do not mean to sound rude at all, but it is extremely easy to tell who is singing....Sherri and Stacy have very different voices.

Listen to Stacy as she sings the verses of Just Like We Do
and Golly Sandra and Marvelous Things and One Day I Slowly Floated Away.

Listen to Sherri as she sings verses of Lost at Sea and Telescope Eyes , the first verses of I Wasn't Prepared and Winter Song and Plenty of Paper

then you will easily tell the difference.

They BOTH sing together at the same time a lot, especially during the choruses of songs.
KyleRossP
Sea Post King

Chad's list has some mistakes....

Blackened Crown verses are 9-year old Stacy....

Marvelous Things verses are Stacy

One Day I Slowly Floated Away is Stacy on the verses.

Saellys is all correct except Winter song....
Sherri sings the verses of Winter Song.

Also i will argue that there is no Chauntelle on "Just Like We Do"....
Chauntelle did record some harmonies for the song, but i don't think they were used. All of the vocal for the entire room noises CD were re-recorded at a studio in Tyler TX... the harmonies i hear are Sherri.....i'll see if i can find out for sure.
Last edited by KyleRossP on Tue May 24, 2005 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
chasd00

Saellys wrote:
In "Brightly Wound," Sherri sings the first and second verses and high harmony on the chorusl; Stacy sings low harmony on the chorus and the "I am just wishing" part of the second verse.

For "I Wasn't Prepared," Sherri sings the first verse and first and second chorus with Stacy on the low harmony and second verse.

For "Just Like We Do," Stacy sings it all with Chauntelle on harmony. (When they perform it live, Sherri sings harmony.)

For "Marvelous Things," Stacy sings the verses and bridge with Sherri singing the melody of the chorus and Stacy on low harmony.

For "Memories," Stacy sings both verses and low harmony on the chorus, while Sherry sings the chorus beginning with "My lovely wife" and "But her life is." Stacy sing's the "husband" portion of the bridge, and Sherri sings the higher "wife" portion.

In "One Day I Slowly Floated Away," Stacy sings verses and harmony on the chorus, with Sherri on the chorus melody.

In "Plenty of Paper," Sherri sings verses and chorus with Stacy on harmony, and Stacy sings the bridge.

In "The Winter Song," (I'm not sure on this) Stacy sings the first verse and lower portion of chorus, with Sherri on the second verse and bridge and high part of chorus.

In "Tree Tops," Sherri sings it all with Stacy on harmony and the prechorus ahh-ahh-ahhs.

In "Trolley Wood," Sherri sings the first verse, harmony on the second verse and chorus, the third verse, and chorus. Stacy sings the second verse and chorus, harmony on the third verse, and harmony on the chorus.

Most of that can be figured out by watching the live videos on this site and OGG. :) With the other songs you listed, I can't say for certain; in older tracks it's harder to tell who's who.

*hot bam* hannah you're such a freak :)

this is good stuff to go on the site somewhere. ..maybe at the top of the audio section?

syntheticrain
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:

Most of that can be figured out by watching the live videos on this site and OGG. Smile With the other songs you listed, I can't say for certain; in older tracks it's harder to tell who's who.

whooo thank you much, babe
chasd00

KyleRossP wrote:

Blackened Crown verses are 9-year old Stacy....

that still blows me away that she was 9 when that song came out.

syntheticrain
Sea Post King

KyleRossP wrote:
Your list is HUGE......thats a project beyone the scope of this thread.

apparently not, considering how many were already answered

KyleRossP wrote:

I do not mean to sound rude at all, but it is extremely easy to tell who is singing....Sherri and Stacy have very different voices.

yes, i realize they have very different voices. i was mainly interested if anyone had an accurate list
[/quote]
KyleRossP
Sea Post King

by "Big Project" i meant actually writing out the lyrics to each song, and marking who sings what.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

KyleRossP wrote:
Also i will argue that there is no Chauntelle on "Just Like We Do"....
Chauntelle did record some harmonies for the song, but i don't think they were used. All of the vocal for the entire room noises CD were re-recorded at a studio in Tyler TX... the harmonies i hear are Sherri.....i'll see if i can find out for sure.

According to numerous fans who have posted threads about this in the past, Chauntelle sang harmonies on "Just Like We Do." Supposedly it's been confirmed by her to several people. A glance at the EisleyBlog archives should show that. And if you can't trust Eisley fans, who can you trust? Wink

And Chad, I'm starting an Eisley FAQ section, which would probably incorporate a rather lengthy breakdown of who sang what. Smile

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

syntheticrain wrote:
becoming you
blackened crown
brightly wound
dream for me
golly sandra
head against the sky
i wasnt prepared
just like we do
lady of the wood
laughing city
lost at sea
marvelous things
memories
mr pine
my lovely
one day i slowly floated away
over the mountains
plenty of paper
queen of leaves
sea king
silver bugs
telescope eyes
the escaping song
the winter song
they all surrounded me
tree tops
trolly wood
vintage people
wings and windows

not a complete list, but it's a start
thanks to any who can help

You forgot Pretender.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
sleepydusk
Sea Post King

Quote:

Ha, that's what I thought!

goto page
 | next >>