Laughing City
chris flynn
Sea Post King

I am ready to nominate this band as something bigger than it's separate parts..

From the moment the band began "Memories".. I knew this was going to be something special.. This was the club, after all, that was the real beginning for Elton John. The Troubadour is where it all began.

And for Eisley I believe this was one of those nights. How wonderful that it was captured. I will remember this night forever.

Mr Pine, My Lovely and the Escaping Song were all fine examples of Eisley. It was Golly Sandra, that the true beauty of the personalities started to shine through... Sheesh... That is just an adorable song, from an adorable girl..

Things really took off with "I wasn't Prepared"...which was every bit as eery as any song in any Pink Floyd or King Crimson concert. At that moment-- the band gelled and the music crystalized.... Everything after was perfect!!!!

The song that surprised me was "They all Surrounded Me".. that has a bit of the British Invasion-Beatles/Mott the Hoople/Queen influence.. very very powerful.

My second favorite of the night was " Marvelous Things" it shined.... "Trolley Wood" , a wonderful sing along, brought the house down.. My daughter's favorite was "Head Against the Sky".

I'm so glad that I was there for this amazing night... It's all going to happen for this band. The video of the band's show tonight, will prove it to the world... Singing was spot on... and Energy!.... The boys were tight and together on the rhythm..

It was great to meet Pzychotic (Luke) at the show....We had to leave right after the second encore, as my daughters had a curfew.

I very much enjoyed the quirky interesting music of Pilotdrift, as did my daughters.. shades of Jethro Tull, Queen, and God knows who else..

Lovedrug was polished and professional + great songs. Excellent musicians and a very strong great drummer... I hope the band knows what they have with this fine percussionist... Man, shades of John Bonham.

Gotta go.... my bed beckons me. But first a little night cap... (I'm so bad)

Last edited by chris flynn on Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:52 am; edited 2 times in total
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Awesome. Thanks for the report. Hopefully we'll get to see this one on DVD before too long. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pzy
Wookie Luke

Hah oh man I didn't even put two and two together that the chris i met tonight = you. My mom just called me last night and told me I should meet you, I didn't know you were part of the forum.

I looked for you guys after the show, did you take off right away? Ah well, I'm sure Eisley will be back soon enough.

And I agree on the amazingness of Eisley's performance tonight, that DVD is going to be golden.

-Julie-
Sea Post King

The show was amazing. Here are some of the pics that I got.

Joined: 02 Jun 2005 | Posts: 35 | Location: Los Angeles, CA
atdrvn
Golly, Poster

Tonight was one of the most fun I have ever had in my entire life. Hands down.

First off, being there with good friends was amazing enough. Meeting new friends, even better.

Going to Hamburger Haven down the street to grab a bite to eat and meeting Kelly and Eric from Pilotdrift and having a nice talk with Eric. Undescribable. Is that even a word? It should be.

Seeing Pilotdrift's amazing set again.. just INCREDIBLE with a capital INCREDIBLE.

Eisley. No words; just emotions. I just wish they would play Sun Feet, haha.

The entire night was just too much. I loved every second of it.

« Last.FM ¤ Myspace ¤ Jacob Greene ¤ Art »
Joined: 10 Nov 2003 | Posts: 542 | Location: southern california
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

i like that troubador sign...reminds me of auntie annie's ice cream and pretzel shop Very Happy
chris flynn
Sea Post King

yeah, Luke.. My ex-wife wished for my kids to be home. And I am not one to argue with her... Harmony with my former wife is very important to me... SO....... In short, we left right after the 2nd encore.

I'm listening to the CD at the moment... Man, sometimes I have to stop, because the music pulls up so much emotion, which is a good thing in an old guy like me. and now Trolley Wood comes on ......A bandaid that reminds me to keep laughing..

lloydobler
Lost at Forum

chris, i love your musical comparisons
Joined: 09 Feb 2005 | Posts: 1275 | Location: Greenville, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chris flynn
Sea Post King

thanks... there is a string that connects Eisley's music to all the great music of the 70s, 80s and 90s..
Grantticus
Golly, Poster

reading your words, made that interesting to read.

true words of an artist.

cgar7
Vintage Newbie

my sister said they (PilotDrift) reminded her of Queen too.i just thought they were amazing i 'm in love with Pilot Drift now .i want more.

Here's the game of grand mistakes while floating with a fan above a nothing.The crowd is ready sides are steady you are clutching my hand, it is hurting
person
Sea Post King

not sure if this is allowed here or not, but this show is up for download via bit torrent. the site may be full but prunes people out so new people can register every 20 minutes or so.

if you need help with bit torrents, go here:
wiki.etree.org/index.php?page=BitTorrent

if you need help with flac, go here:
wiki.etree.org/index.php?page=FLAC

download: nuked

sorry if this isn't allowed. i couldn't find a definite answer on taping.

Edit by Luke: You know, it's kind of flattering in a way that a band gets their live shows taped and distributed on the internet... people only want to listen to bootlegs of bands they really enjoy live.

However, boyd has stated it's still not allowed, it's more of a management/label/publishing thing.

Remember: last night's show was ultra-professionally recorded and captured with 5 cameras for hopeful DVD production purposes. I'd wait around for that.
Grantticus
Golly, Poster

there are too many people who are members of the torrent site so i can't register to download it. god damn.

if anyone has an old account on that site that they dont use, delete it for me so i can register.

Thanks,
grant

person
Sea Post King

read the site guys. they cap at 100k users but purge accounts all the time. 450 new accounts have been made in the last 24 hours. 5 accounts freed up in the time it took me to make my initial post...
mykatjim
Sea Post King

boyd wrote:
Officially -

You can bring any kind of still shot camera you want - throw away, digital, 35mm with 5ft lenses... i don't care. I guess little short clips are a part of that, i realize... but management is not cool with video cameras. no audio, no video.

btw. this is different that nfg. they decree'd no cameras except - throrw aways, though i think that was even difficult to get in.

Flash's?

boof it baby.

boyd

as boyd says, they do not allow audio. now i know you weren't the one taping it but i still don't think he'd look to kindly on somone pointing out where you can get bootlegs. maybe someone else can give clarification on this. personally, i'd err on the side of caution and not post this info again.

*returns to lurking*
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas