66%
 66%  [ 32 ]
Innocent
33%
 33%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 48

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Who thinks that the jury will find Michael Jackson guilty?

I DO!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
lloydobler
Lost at Forum

i vote emo
Joined: 09 Feb 2005 | Posts: 1275 | Location: Greenville, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

He's guilty but he'll get away with it somehow
Vintage Newbie

someone on another board i post at just said this gem:

Quote:
Accordding to Sky News there is a maximum time of 43 minutes until the verdict. I wonder if the jury foreman will stand up and say "He's Baaad"

LOL Laughing

Vintage Newbie

I'm just glad Eisley is not Neverland. Wink

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The dude has some serious issues, but I'll leave it up to the jury to decide his guilt or innocence.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
someone on another board i post at just said this gem:

Quote:
Accordding to Sky News there is a maximum time of 43 minutes until the verdict. I wonder if the jury foreman will stand up and say "He's Baaad"

LOL Laughing

that would be hilarious. It would be even better if they stated their reasons beforehand for a lenghty time, and then finnish with "thus, me'lord: He's baaaaaad".

anyhow. I think what's happened is he's not been clever in how he's put his views about children forward, making it easier for people to twist his words and say that he molests them. Plus, I think people, especially in cases such as these, or where people are well known, tend to assume alot more than they maybe would otherwise. For example, the ex-worker (one of the workers who were sued) testified that he thought Jackson was guilty, based on the fact he saw him kissing the kid's head. I kissed a small child's head in a church in Kibera last year. So what? Oh, so just because it's not accepted in the USA they judge that he goes further. great. (darn, now i'm writing first person. back to third...).

So, to sum up:
He does love children in general in a non-sinister manner: many people do.
Because he says so in a non-clever way [personal opinion: because he's a musician doesn't mean he can voice his opinions well. Just like Wayne Rooney can hardly a sentence together, even when he's sober....], and because of his celebrity status, and general nice-guy/odd looks he is an easy target. [a bit like Christians, in a way. Bad example, I know, but, well, we are...]
People judge and assume things really quickly these days [people used to assume I'm bisexual based on the fact I hugged girls alot, and hugged my best guy mates fairly often. I'm a headmaster's son = people assume I have power etc. Thus i'm an easy target. <did I mention the Christian aspect of my character?>]. just like me - and loads of other people - but a zillion times worse, Jackson is an easy target.

A possible case against prosictuiting over him, if he is guilty (which I don't think he is), perhaps:
People like to sue over loads of things. I see some sort of parallels between, say, sueing McDonalds for making you fat, and prosicuting against Michael Jackson, or any other possible paedophile, for molesting your child. No-one is forced to eat McD's, thus no-one is "making" them eat it. Indeed they have complete free will over whether they go to, for example, the local corner-shop and buy a healthy sandwhich, or for the same price go accross the road and have an uberly unhealthy burger, probably aware fully of the amount of chemicals, chicken heads they are eating. (Further, just how they are adding to the capitilst market whilst doing so. aside from the point...). They are responsible for eating the burger, not McD's. [Eisley isn't making me choose to listen to their music. I choose to because it's so darn good].

In the same sort of way, people who leave their child in the presence of another adult whom they believe is a high risk of their child is just as much to blame as the attacker. IE, if they had left that door [although it could be literal, I mean metaphorical] closed their child may not have been hurt.

righty-ho, that's my two cents.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Last edited by mad_sam_purple'ead on Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

does anybody else find this countdown clock on the TV screen hilarious...It's like the worlds about to end Laughing
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
The dude has some serious issues, but I'll leave it up to the jury to decide his guilt or innocence.

i agree. I do think he has some problems, but i'm not going to pretend to know alot about the situation. we only know what the media wants us to know, and what will sell magazines and make people what their television program. AKA DRAMA.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
does anybody else find this countdown clock on the TV screen hilarious...It's like the worlds about to end Laughing

uhhhh... what countdown clock? Is that on Sky or summat? (I only have BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel Four, Channel five [terestrial <spelling?>, in other words]).

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
but I'll leave it up to the jury to decide his guilt or innocence.

did you say that before OJ's case too jamie?
Wink

Vintage Newbie

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
homesick_alien wrote:

uhhhh... what countdown clock? Is that on Sky or summat? (I only have BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel Four, Channel five [terestrial <spelling?>, in other words]).

sky

Vintage Newbie

5 min. warning

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

NOT GUILTY

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

what a shock....another high profile celebrity getting off Rolling Eyes

goto page
 | next >>