Laughing City

Do you think Eisley sounds at all like The Beatles?
Yes.
29%
 29%  [ 14 ]
No.
70%
 70%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 48

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

...do you ever get reminded of The Beatles? I do quite often. For one thing, The Beatles often sang about fanciful things. Also, the harmonies were always top-notch. There are more reasons, but I can't think of them right now. Just answer the question. Very Happy

JD

lloydobler
Lost at Forum

everyone sounds like the beatles sometimes,

but yeah i agree
Joined: 09 Feb 2005 | Posts: 1275 | Location: Greenville, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

My first thought when I heard "Brightly Wound" was something like "The rest of the Beatles died and they all came back as Eisley."

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

well they are both pop bands.
but mostly its just the pushing harmonies rather then melodies.
that is the biggest i think.
Your*My*Astral*Boy
Golly, Poster

they kinda do but idk...
carli
Sea Post King

maybe, I haven't noticed,
but if you think that Eisley sounds good, the Beatles sound good too.... there's a similarity in that =D
kat the drive-in
Sea Post King

When I listen to Eisley, I don't get reminded of the beatles at all; i think that the only beatles-esque tune on the CD is My Lovely. I like the beatles, i just don't think theyre the same style at all! Needless to say, they're both talented and make beautiful music. Cheers!
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 78 | Location: Southern California and Where the Wild Things Are
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

You thought My Lovely sounds like The Beatles? I am beginning to wonder which Beatles songs you people are listening to.

JD

Gertrude Lullaby
Sea Post King

I thought the guitar work at the "oooh ahhh" part of "My Lovely" sounded Beatlesque. Furthermore, I thought it sounded Paulesque. I didn't base this opinion on any one Beatle song, it was just something that came to my mind at 4:00 in the morning Smile

I see some similarities in the Beatles and Eisley, particularly in the fanciful and nostalgic aspects of their music, and the great harmonies.
jaytee
Sea Post King

I actually get reminded of Fleetwood Mac, because of the Rhodes, and the Wurlitzer organ..

and the 2 female vocalists things gimme that feeling too.

Vintage Newbie

jaytee wrote:
I actually get reminded of Fleetwood Mac, because of the Rhodes, and the Wurlitzer organ..

Way cool. Thanks for chiming in with that.

JD

Super_Dave
Golly, Poster

jdstories wrote:
You thought My Lovely sounds like The Beatles? I am beginning to wonder which Beatles songs you people are listening to.

JD

LOL

"Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret"

www.purevolume.com/247
Joined: 18 Oct 2004 | Posts: 618 | Location: San Antonio, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lloydobler
Lost at Forum

jdstories wrote:
jaytee wrote:

Way cool. Thanks for chiming in with that.

JD

i love me some fleetwood mac
Joined: 09 Feb 2005 | Posts: 1275 | Location: Greenville, SC
unclearlies
Vintage Newbie

Everytime I hear/read about Fleetwood Mac...I can't help but remembering this time when I took my neighbor named Tommy to Wal-Mart to buy a tv....the song The Chain came on the radio and he was telling me that Fleetwood Mac were all about having orgies and stuff....he died of cancer like last month.....God rest his soul.....
jaytee
Sea Post King

unclearlies wrote:
Everytime I hear/read about Fleetwood Mac...I can't help but remembering this time when I took my neighbor named Tommy to Wal-Mart to buy a tv....the song The Chain came on the radio and he was telling me that Fleetwood Mac were all about having orgies and stuff....he died of cancer like last month.....God rest his soul.....

Confused

yyyyyyyyyyyyeah. rrrrrrrright.

gotta love the rumours(OMG PUN) of the 70's.

ok so stevie nicks slept with 2 people.. BIG DEAL. i bet the very people saying they had orgies are probably the people that really do have orgies and are trying to blame their own group non-sock-wearing-ness and attaching it to one of the most successful rock group of all time, and suddenly it wont be so bad anymore. right?...

because thats what an orgy IS.