Laughing City
scruples
Sea Post King

I guess since I was there I'll do a Philly overview Very Happy

Ok so Pilotdrift and Lovedrug were really awesome and great openers. Probably the best thing though, was the whole place pretty much packed and as soon as we saw weston the whole place just erupted in hollers and whoops and clapping. Just amazing.
That show being my not only first Eisley show, but first real concert ever, makes me no expert but sound wise I'd say that sound was a little boomy but overall it sounded really awesome (it is Eisley afterall).
Setlist as best as I can remember (dont' hurt me if I get any wrong):
Memories
Mr. Pine
I Wasn't Prepared
My Lovely
Golly Sandra
(my dad started to sing along he likes that song so much)
Vintage People
They All Surrounded me
(awesome awesome song)
Marvelous Things
Just Like We Do
The Escaping Song
Pleny of Paper
Telescope Eyes
Trolley Wood

At this point their set was done but we loved Eisley so much and continued to clap for about 3 minutes that they were forced to come back on stage (yesss) and at that point they played Blackened Crown and Head Against the Sky and wow... those songs were just amazing.
Saw boyd running around like he was high on coffee the whole night and said hi to kim and christie at the merch table. Didn't really introduce myself cause it felt odd but oh well. Probably one of my favorite things (besides the music) was that my dad actually enjoyed it nearly as much as I did (which was alot). Unfortunatly, no pictures, cause I have no camera. But jamie (the antrider whom I believe I saw) took lots of pictures.

-------------------------------------------------------
There once was a boy named Joel,
He found a stick
Down by the sea.
| Myspace |
New IM feel free to say hi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
atzero06
Sea Post King

I thought it was a great show. All of the bands put on an amazing performance. I even got to meet Boyd, so that was cool, too. Also, for some reason Jon Wilson looked like he was about 7 feet tall.
avalon5
Sea Post King

yes, the phili show was indeed amazing. all night long, i was bugging out that i was seeing the eisley symbol huge and in person, right there in front of my face. and i was suprised at myself for turning into a squealing maniac when i saw weston tooling around with the drums before everyone came on. maybe it was the fact that he was THERE. or maybe it was also because he is very cute. >shifty eyes< so anyway, they came out, their voices gave me chills and i didnt really know what to do with myself except stare straight ahead. i doubt i blinked much the entire night. I must say, it was a beautifully magical experience. and luckily, my friend steph left a solid convert into the wonderful world of Eisley. yes. we've got another one.
the michael
Sea Post King

The Philly show was really awesome. The two opening bands really impressed me, I had heard of Lovedrug before but never really listened to them... they put on a great show, as did Pilotdrift. I quickly became a fan of both bands. I already knew what to expect of Eisley, and they did not disappoint. Awesome set list, I really liked They All Surrounded Me and Just Like We Do. Can't wait until thy're back again, I'll definitely be there!
Y4J
Golly, Poster

Yeah that's what happened at out show. They play an encore. But Trolly Wood was their last song I believe.

Head Against the Sky is freekin sic live.

Check out my FLICKR and leave comments!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28644084@N00/
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 829 | Location: Manteca, California
nfgluver1423
Sea Post King

ya that show was amazing. the funniest thing though was during trolley wood when weston started doing that hand thing from napolean dynamite... i thought i was going to die laughing right there. or stacy finding a dime in her sleeve.. or chad taking 10 years to set down the guitars lol. awesome night though. and they do an encore at every show.. they even did in montreal then there was like no one there.
Owls
Sea Post King

I was lucky enough to snag a setlist, so i can post it here;

Memories
Mr. Pine
My Lovely
Escaping Song
Plenty of Paper
Golly Sandra
I Wasn't Prepared
They All Surrounded Me
Lost at Sea
Just Like We Do
Telescope Eyes
Vintage People
Tree Tops
Marvelous Things
Trolley Wood
------------------------
pot luck. crowd choice? (brightly wound) - they ended up playing Blackened Crown
Head Against the Sky

Smile

granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

so many of you there, no one caught me at Pilotdrift's merch booth and said hi? sheesh, i'm hurt, I was shackled to the wall selling CDs all night, bums
i did get to see mark (or is it marc?) which was cool, always nice to see peeps you've met before.
Philly was cool, DC was better, Boston was bitchin

end of story!

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Dang it! I was there. Missed everyone but Gramps. (Save for the people I went with, I mean.) What an awesome show, though, despite the lame-o security/cops. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sweeeeet
Golly, Poster

Great review! Boyd WAS high on coffee! HE always is isn't he? lol
avalon5
Sea Post King

i was too shy to introduce myself to anyone. i feel so uncool.
leap
Sea Post King

granpaturtle wrote:
so many of you there, no one caught me at Pilotdrift's merch booth and said hi? sheesh, i'm hurt, I was shackled to the wall selling CDs all night, bums
i did get to see mark (or is it marc?) which was cool, always nice to see peeps you've met before.

Philly was cool, DC was better, Boston was bitchin end of story!

I noticed you while standing in line outside. You were talking to Boyd and I didn't want to come over and feel geeky. When the doors opened, I headed for the front to get a good spot. I looked back several times but didn't see you. It wasn't until I was walking out did I noticed you at the merch booth. After you cleared the police zone, I made sure we spoke.

mark (with a 'k')

I cut the moon in half
And stuck a piece to my hair
It made the back of my head glow golden yellow
Joined: 26 Mar 2005 | Posts: 40 | Location: Ellicott City, MD