Laughing City
qstoltz
Sea Post King

is there a tour lined up after the current one?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brian_nguyen
Sea Post King

There are suppose to be several big Yahoo sponsored shows (possibly free according to Boyd)... Opening bands are probably going to be local bands.
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 472 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

ACL fest.

JD

Antiarches
Sea Post King

boo... chicago isn't gonna be all ages... i'm gonna have to cry and hang out outside of the double door all night wishing for a miracle...
Joined: 10 Apr 2005 | Posts: 341 | Location: Tinley Park, IL
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I would love it if Eisley played a headlining show in Salt Lake City. that would be great and cause me to shout hurrah!

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Hilary Duff tour.
Y4J
Golly, Poster

Or a rest? This family has done a lot, maybe they should rest up for a bit.

I mean, i'd love for them to come back around after this, but man, they be caaaarrrrraaaaazzaaaaay.

Check out my FLICKR and leave comments!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28644084@N00/
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 829 | Location: Manteca, California
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

Y4J wrote:

I mean, i'd love for them to come back around after this, but man, they be caaaarrrrraaaaazzaaaaay.

what're you talking about? they're not done...they won't be done for a while.
welcome to a normal band touring schedule. You release an album, you tour continuously for like a year. This is what happens, this is how it works. It sucks, but they gotta keep goin out there and makin money and getting their face out to people.
They'll come home eventually, but for now all we can do is talk to kim at random intervals so she doesn't go stir crazy

Lantz
Vintage Newbie

Y4J wrote:

what are you talking about? they had that week vacation before the Summer Scenic Tour, remember?

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Grantticus
Golly, Poster

for only a year? some bands (most) tour for a good 2/3 years with small weekly breaks every now and then.

this is why i can't wait to be in a touring band. i love touring. i love no sleep and stuff. i'd kill to be boyd right now.

Y4J
Golly, Poster

Quote:
welcome to a normal band touring schedule. You release an album, you tour continuously for like a year. This is what happens, this is how it works. It sucks, but they gotta keep goin out there and makin money and getting their face out to people.
They'll come home eventually, but for now all we can do is talk to kim at random intervals so she doesn't go stir crazy

Ok first off, SPARE me the touring lectures. Because, I LIVED it. The first half of my life consisted of my Dad touring the WORLD with his band for years and years, going months and months of not seeing him, so I know what a great deal of touring is all about. There really is no need to show your "touring knowledge."

I wasn't saying THATS what they are going to do anyways or that's what they SHOULD do. It was what I PERSONALLY would like to see them do. A lot of bands out there are also in different situations in terms of how the tour and etc. I mean, they still are a young group in terms of age, so I also put that in perspective also.

What I kinda find funny is how someone says "What are you talkin about, they had a week vacation" like that was more than enough. I'm not going to jump the gun and say you don't know, but until you are in Eisley's shoes, it's really hard to tell what they do or don't need in terms of rest. Things do take their toll.

Once again, it was a personal opinion, not fact. I can "assume" what they have to go through and what they probably will have to go through soon. But sometimes, everyone needs a rest. Whether a week or whatever, a rest is still a rest. It's not like I said "Have them take a year off!" So please, no need for you guys to get riled up because I said they should take a break, whether it be short lived or not.

Check out my FLICKR and leave comments!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28644084@N00/
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 829 | Location: Manteca, California
gerry
Sea Post King

hey I am sure no one meant any offense. They should do whatever they have too. Maybe rest, maybe tour some more, or write some new songs, or all of those things.
mgo
Sea Post King

i personally also wish they could rest -- mostly because i haven't gotten to see them on these past tours and am quite jealous of everyong. on the other hand, they are an up and coming band and do have rounds to go through.

conundrummm.
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

Y4J wrote:
Quote:

Ok first off, SPARE me the touring lectures. Because, I LIVED it. The first half of my life consisted of my Dad touring the WORLD with his band for years and years, going months and months of not seeing him, so I know what a great deal of touring is all about. There really is no need to show your "touring knowledge."

I wasn't saying THATS what they are going to do anyways or that's what they SHOULD do. It was what I PERSONALLY would like to see them do. A lot of bands out there are also in different situations in terms of how the tour and etc. I mean, they still are a young group in terms of age, so I also put that in perspective also.

What I kinda find funny is how someone says "What are you talkin about, they had a week vacation" like that was more than enough. I'm not going to jump the gun and say you don't know, but until you are in Eisley's shoes, it's really hard to tell what they do or don't need in terms of rest. Things do take their toll.

Once again, it was a personal opinion, not fact. I can "assume" what they have to go through and what they probably will have to go through soon. But sometimes, everyone needs a rest. Whether a week or whatever, a rest is still a rest. It's not like I said "Have them take a year off!" So please, no need for you guys to get riled up because I said they should take a break, whether it be short lived or not.

dude...chill...we're on your side on this one...the person who was like "they had a week" was making a joke...

pat kauchick
Sea Post King

Boyd said in forum: talk of Europe and Australia. Since it is well known that Switchfoot has been mentioned as being paired with Eisley.Go to thier website and you will see SF is touring Australia starting in late September.So, right after ACL my guess is Eisley is heading to the downunder.A long time ago a boardie from there dreamed of the day and now it may happen. Europe is anybody's guess.

goto page
 | next >>