Laughing City
CHRIS~!
Golly, Poster

There is a Moss Eisley article in this weeks Dallas Observer. Pretty neat little article although I found it odd that the writer wrote a review on a band he didn't see and haven't heard.
ibekimbo
Sea Post King

Cool!!!
Was it at least a good review? Razz

ibekimbo
Sea Post King

Here.....read it for yourself..........

http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues/2002-11-21/sceneheard.html/1/inde x.html

Jonathan Clark
Sea Post King

Good review. Well, good from the band's point of view. The writer, however, was either royalty, or schizophrenic. Either way, they annoyed us.
The day it single with half is done. Today I questioned all never. I have two way to choose: To be forever to crush and miss of with relief compensating single close to the failure memory, or cynicism. No the exit. I do not want either or one. Do fact any life does it come here, or it is only myself? A choice between torturing or the very grotesque escape.

-Josey Price

comrade
tewfus
Sea Post King

Saw five bands at the gypsy ball room. Moss sounded great, no seriously, it sounded as good as when they played at some cafetorium at a school south of Sherman at which Bartman ran sound for them.
I saw valve for the first time and I liked them (second best act of the night next to Moss in my opinion). I thought they were pretty good. Did anybody else see them? Thoughts on that?
TeWFuS

Andrew
Lost at Forum

Well it was a good promotion for the band but I wouldint considier it a complement when someone says a "christian" band dosent sound "christian" that would be more of a put down for me.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gRegor
the gEek

Heh, I wouldn't, considering most "Christian" bands are horrible musically. Seriously, compared with "Secular", many "Christian" bands just couldn't cut it if they were in the same market. Which is why instead of using God's creativity, we've settled for less and created our own sub-par subculture. I better stop.. I could go on and on about this topic. :-]

Maybe it was their way of saying "Well they're actually good musicians.. you sure this is 'Christian'?" that or maybe they were expecting more JPM songs, and not songs that everyone can relate to.

kris
Ubernerd Moderator

i agree with gregor
Andrew
Lost at Forum

I agree with you, but theres reasons that make me think the writer was a bit misdirected I do see the christian message Moss Eisley's music projects. If not I wouldint enjoy them like I do. Like they say the messages isint in the music the message is the music, and also I wouldint say that a band seems to keep their faith out of their music if I havent even heard them. Just my thing Im weird I could go on about it all too.

Please dont get mad just because of my ideas. they're just my beliefs.
Last edited by Andrew on Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
markymark106
Golly, Poster

Uh, I agree completely with gRegor. Nicely put
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

reading is good for you, so here is an interesting artical by ezra from not called common on why it "you dont sound like a christian band" is a compliment. http://www.originmagazine.net/submissions/10-2002/whyisit.htm
jeremyb
Sea Post King

sc0tt - thanks for the article... i know this is the MossBlog (forgive me, Oldmighty One of Zah, for NotCalledCommonBlogging), but if anyone has not seen or heard Not Called Common, they are a great band. it seems like every time i've seen them, which is a lot, ezra has said something that i really needed to hear - he steps out of the way and lets God work in awesome ways, in the hearts of both believers and non-believers. he was making music long before he started living for Christ, so his article isn't a one-sided argument or anything - he makes some great points... i really liked the last paragraph, so here it is.

"My prayer for all of those willing to be obedient: may the Lord enlarge your ear to hear and so you might write for His glory, and that you know, and humbly confess, that what you write is beyond your capabilities. May those opposed to Christ hate you because their flesh loves your music but their heart despises what it says. May your audience increase as rapidly as your ego decreases, and may you purpose to be recognized before your Father's throne rather than strive to be a household name on your Father's footstool."
- Ezra Boggs

again, sorry for the long, semi-non-moss-related post... moss rocked the door last night, by the way - and it was incredible. the best show i've seen them play.

philippians 4:13
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

MossEisley is definitely on a path that may, or may not be accepted by the church. They have felt a purpose very different, for many years for their music.
One day as I was praying over the band, I felt like God told me that He was going to give them songs that would affect their generation, relate to their generation, and that He wanted to use them to be positive role models for their generation. I felt like that this meant "in a big way".
No, there songs do not have all the "JWPM's", but I wish we could share some of the emails that we get from people that have seen them play at some of the clubs.
People send email all the time and say things like, "I don't know what the deal was, but I cried through your whole show."
One lady even told them that she found herself, wanting to find a place to worship the Lord during their show.
God is the creator of all good things. He has chosen to give MossEisley these types of songs to move them out into a world that has no hope, that worships Britney Spears, and Christine Aguillara, and use Moss to give hope to young girls, that they can use their gifts of talent, without stripping naked to sell it.
Our belief is that Christ is in US. We should live every day of our life, like Christ is in us. That doesn't mean that they have to write songs to the church to be significantly used by God in what they do with their lives.

Boyd is a graphic designer. This is what he does to make a living, and provide for this big family. When he is hired to do a logo, he doesnt have to put Jesus in the logo in order to have his life bring glory to God.
Our hope is that, our lives will touch other's with the love of the Father that flows out of our lives to those He allows us to come in contact with.

This is a harder road. One that the church may not understand or support MossEisley in. We hope that those that understand, will hold MossEisley in their prayers.
Thanks!
Andrew
Lost at Forum

Thanks Kim you said what I couldint. If It came out diffrent when I wrote it Im sorry but whats above is what I ment from an moms prospective. Wink
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

Kim -

Once again you have proven your overall smarts on things like this. I'm amazed that you guys are so supportive of Moss Eisley going the direction that they are going... because I believe that it IS the right thing for them to do, but I think a lot of parents would scoff at that, saying that you can't minister to people through a secular band or whatever... but people are stupid in that sense.

Thank you, la familia de Dupree (and the lone Wilson), for rocking my world.

-Kris