Laughing City
UberDrive
Sea Post King

I think, ultimately, it's us, the fans, that crave it the most. (Disclaimer: I came up with this fascinating theory in a fit of sleep deprivation; I'd be disappointed if it wasn't incoherent, tangental and eclectic) We've all heard Telescope Eyes a bunch of times, so why did hearing it in some obscure Ottawa radio station, one that NEVAR plays American indie-rock, give me such a thrill? Why did hearing the hosts of my local radio show say at the tail end of their broadcast that they were going to the Eisley show at the Bowery make my day? (You can hear it for yourself by downloading Episode #55, whenever they upload it) I mean, as a fan, isn't it enough to just enjoy the songs, buy the album, and watch the music video(s)? Apparently not.

It's definitely a psychological thing; we all need role models, or at the very least, a rockin' band that we enjoy. But it goes beyond that, the entertainment industry is so incredibly commercialized. I'm sure we'd all love to see Room Noises go Platinum, followed by a World Tour with Radiohead (without compromising what Eisley is about, of course). "Making it" is basically the Holy Grail of the music industry. Really, it's what fuels E-merge, myspace, Purevolume, et cetera. On the flip side, there's certainly a case of too much of a good thing. For example, many of us that have enjoyed the current Fall Out Boy single probably feel a little antler saturation at this point.

In any case, I think we all overemphasize "marketability", as long as people continue to see Eisley on tour - heck, as long as people continue to listen to Eisley's music, in my opinion, they're a success. And after all, Eisley already has a lot going for it: tremendous talent, work ethic, unparalleled web/media/tour journal support from Boyd, and of course, great fans.

So, yeah, just a thought. Discuss.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

I can relate to exactly what you are saying. My hope, and I should say, our family's hope, is that EISLEY gets to have a career doing what they love.
We don't care about being on cribs, or whatever is the "norm" for a band to be considered "successful". At this point, seeing EISLEY on cribs would be pretty funny.
Sherri would be like, "yeah...this is my bed on the floor in Christie and Stacy's room. It may just look like a twin size mattress, but it's cozy. At least I can just sit up and look out the window. This little rectangle is my designated area. These are all my books and drawing stuff, and Stacy and Christie share a bed over there...." Laughing
The camera would pan around the room, and it would see a room that was not intended for a bedroom, so it has no closets, and has three dressers in it, Stacy's trusty organ, a fake fireplace, and girls clothes all over the floor.
The trip down the tiny hallway, would reveal the "luxury" 1930's bathroom, that is shared by 8 people upstairs, (not including continual guests), and when they pulled the shower curtain back, they would find where Sherri and Boyd used metal tape to tape back, all the falling tiles that were falling off the walls. So, about halfway up, all around the shower, there is this lovely metal tape. (We need a friend who does tile jobs for cheap!)
Chauntelle's room is shared by two other people, and so it basically is a repeat of the Sherri scenario.
Weston and Collin are somehow fortunate enough, (because of their age difference), to have their own rooms.
Downstairs, they would bring the camera man to the kitchen, and he would not be able to stand in the kitchen with them, because his camera would take up too much space. Sherri would open the fridge and say, oh, I didn't know ya'll were coming, so we only have soy milk, coffee creamer, 2% milk, eggs, cheese, and lean pockets." Embarassed
The camera man would pan over to the sink, and hopefully, who ever was suppose to do the dishes, had them done. He would see the clip that has everyone's nametag that gets rotated after their turn is up. Wink
Someday, this will all change, but for now....that's the reality.
We just hope that they can make a living at what they love, and that people will continue to love their music.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
I can relate to exactly what you are saying. My hope, and I should say, our family's hope, is that EISLEY gets to have a career doing what they love.

We just hope that they can make a living at what they love, and that people will continue to love their music.

(I cut out the representation of Cribs at the DuPree home to save space).

I totally agree.

Part of the whole appeal for me to Eisley is that the musicians and families are so cool and easy-going.

What more can I say?

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
At least I can just sit up and look out the window. This little rectangle is my designated area...

Laughing haha, aw!

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
We don't care about being on cribs, or whatever is the "norm" for a band to be considered "successful". At this point, seeing EISLEY on cribs would be pretty funny.
Sherri would be like, "yeah...this is my bed on the floor in Christie and Stacy's room. It may just look like a twin size mattress, but it's cozy. At least I can just sit up and look out the window. This little rectangle is my designated area. These are all my books and drawing stuff, and Stacy and Christie share a bed over there...." Laughing
The camera would pan around the room, and it would see a room that was not intended for a bedroom, so it has no closets, and has three dressers in it, Stacy's trusty organ, a fake fireplace, and girls clothes all over the floor.
The trip down the tiny hallway, would reveal the "luxury" 1930's bathroom, that is shared by 8 people upstairs, (not including continual guests), and when they pulled the shower curtain back, they would find where Sherri and Boyd used metal tape to tape back, all the falling tiles that were falling off the walls. So, about halfway up, all around the shower, there is this lovely metal tape. (We need a friend who does tile jobs for cheap!)
Chauntelle's room is shared by two other people, and so it basically is a repeat of the Sherri scenario.
Weston and Collin are somehow fortunate enough, (because of their age difference), to have their own rooms.
Downstairs, they would bring the camera man to the kitchen, and he would not be able to stand in the kitchen with them, because his camera would take up too much space. Sherri would open the fridge and say, oh, I didn't know ya'll were coming, so we only have soy milk, coffee creamer, 2% milk, eggs, cheese, and lean pockets." Embarassed
The camera man would pan over to the sink, and hopefully, who ever was suppose to do the dishes, had them done. He would see the clip that has everyone's nametag that gets rotated after their turn is up. Wink

Kim, your house sounds like Bill Gates's estate compared to Redman's house. Laughing I think on Cribs it's not always their goal to show some football palyer's 15 bedrooms and their pimped out pool. Sometimes they show people what "celebrities" are really like, such as in the case of Chad Gilbert. I admit I don't really like New Found Glory, but after seeing his crib, I thought "O.K. this guy is cool."

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Clark
Vintage Newbie

I cannot wait for Eisley to get out there and show everyone an example of what it's all about - the music.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
room_noises
Golly, Poster

I'm trying to get it into my class eventually the school but I can't really get too many cause every listens to that garbage they call rap, no offense to anyone Confused
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

"...so we only have soy milk, coffee creamer, 2% milk, eggs, cheese, and lean pockets...."

then one of the dupree kids would say:
"i see you're drinking 2%...is that cos you think you're fat? cos you're not. you could be drinking whole if you wanted..."

PS. for christmas, a gift to the entire forum...can we have an Eisley cribs pleeeeeeeeeeease? i wouldn't ask for anything else.
ImmoralImmortal
Golly, Poster

thesinisterpenguin wrote:
"...so we only have soy milk, coffee creamer, 2% milk, eggs, cheese, and lean pockets...."

"i see you're drinking 2%...is that cos you think you're fat? cos you're not. you could be drinking whole if you wanted..."

PS. for christmas, a gift to the entire forum...can we have an Eisley cribs pleeeeeeeeeeease? i wouldn't ask for anything else.

Me niether. Laughing

~ Ramón ~
Joined: 05 Apr 2004 | Posts: 508 | Location: Carson, California
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sabrina
Sea Post King

ImmoralImmortal wrote:
thesinisterpenguin wrote:

Me niether. Laughing

yeah they need to film their own version of cribs and put it up hahaha.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Eisley Cribs for Christmas 05!

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

And, you are definitely missing out on alot if you buy Eisley online. You don't get to see all of the cool self-made artwork and such.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

An Eisley cribs would be very charming.

Honestly I would never want a huge house anyway, the spaces would eat me alive. My house right now is comfortably filled up with people, and thats how I like it. From the description it sounds as if the Dupree house is equally full and comfy.
I like houses that are pulsing with life, and not just "things".

I keep on thinking that same thing though. How do you define sucess?
I got a bunch of points taken off on the "writing" section of my state standardized test because the essay topic was to write about "someone you think is successful" And I ended up going on a huge long-winded tangent questioning how you can even define what is successful.
Who defines sucess?
What if I wanted to run away and become a nomad in Iceland...am I a success? I think so.
It's an interesting thought.
I thought it was worth dodging the question for.

heymela
Sea Post King

Even though its selfish of me I really hope that Eisley doesn't get too successful. I want them to be successful enough so they don't have to want for things but not so successful that they lose sight of who they are and the kind of music they want to make.

Plus I really want to see them in concert and it'd be more difficult if they were more popular lol.

the igonorance motif
Golly, Poster

Kimbrtones wrote:

that was such a fun read. makes me love the band even more than i already do.