10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 75

starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

this has been on my mind for awhile now and wonder what other people think
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I just think alcohol ruins lives. I don't care if its a good "social drink" or whatever, its just destructive. Even if you don't become an alcoholic, there are many other health risks involved, not to mention the hefty price of the sacred beverage.

I don't think prohibition is the way to go, I just think people should get some common sense and quit playing with fire.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

alcohol is icky. i don't ever want to drink it.
phoenixdown
Vintage Newbie

I love alcohol, but I'm 19. Maybe I should just move to Europe.
-Samara-
Vintage Newbie

you can buy alcohol here at age 18, but i still have no intentions of drinking.
youre drinking toxic.

giant_
Laughing Citizen

jesus drank. but yeah I voted under 21 and unfair though I dont really know why. I'm 20 and can get alcohol basicly whenever, just a phone call away. It would be cool if it was 18 just so I could pick up my own booze now but in december I will be 21 so its coming soon. Yeah I guess it is fine as it is, I dont know. Drinking can be very enjoyable, you just have to have a little thing called control and if your going to drink of course don't drive.
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

I plan on drinking when I turn 21, but probably very rarely. Mostly stuff like Bailey's in coffee and stuff like that.
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

sXe for LIFE!

Wait...I'm not straight edge...scene kids suck.

-Ben

Vintage Newbie

i'm 21, and i don't drink. ever. if other people choose to, that's perfectly fine with me. however, i feel the legal drinking age is ridiculous and, as a college student, i see first-hand the direct effect it has on alcoholism (oh, i can drink now? okay, i'll go get plastered and pass out and sleep through my exams!) if our country didn't have such a bass-ackwards policy on alcohol, we wouldn't have the problems with alcoholics that we do.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I think drinking is ridiculously overblown. It's crap, but if it floats your boat, just don't drive. I don't know anyone who wasn't 21 who couldn't get alcohol if they wanted it.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

i don't really think the question is relevant seeing how most kids drink at 16 or younger. i drank before i was 21. I think most people just use the drinking age as a holiday to get even more drunk then the previous years they have been drinking.

i've never got plastered drunk only i'm laughing and falling drunk. Those are fun.

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1152 | Location: San Benito, Texas
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

im seventeen and i drink on occasion... mainly when no ones around, but i ahve never have been drunk. Tipsy once when i decided to take two shots of whiskey a litle too fast, but i believe the drinking age really should be sixteen so its just not that big of a deal anymore
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

i cant eat/drink anything that smells bad (especially eggs) and that includes alcohol. i may drink occasionally when i become 21, but as for now, pass the sparkling cider, please.
Lost at Forum

starbucksgod wrote:
im seventeen and i drink on occasion... mainly when no ones around, but i ahve never have been drunk. Tipsy once when i decided to take two shots of whiskey a litle too fast, but i believe the drinking age really should be sixteen so its just not that big of a deal anymore

I didn't tispy drink till i was nineteen or twenty. i refused to when i was younger. i was really stuck up about it to but once i got older i got the jist of what everyone was tellin me. it's not about the taste it's about what happens afterwards. Like you, i don't get drunk. i get pleasantly tipsy.

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1152 | Location: San Benito, Texas
ali
since 1979

I voted "unfair," but I think a more appropriate term would be "impractical" or "unrealistic."

Also, Texas alcohol laws are archaic, puritanical and draconian. If someone did a study, they would find that they do more harm than good.

goto page
 | next >>