Laughing City
stelladimattina
Sea Post King

this was back in july but i've never seen eisley in concert but they're my favorite band and i was soo excited to see that they were coming to san fransico again back in july and i was planning on going to that show. last minute i couldnt go cause my family decided to take a trip down to disneyland. so we left friday morning and got there friday afternoon. i heard hot hot heat on the radio doing an acoustic set at a station in LA and i remembered that eisley was touring with them. but anyways when we got to the hotel we were hungry so we decided to go to downtown disney and eat. since its the 50th anniversary thing there were tons and TONS of people so my parents decided to buy the tickets for disneyland then.. well guess who i saw while i was sitting there waiting.. i was sitting there and a group of people walked by and i think they were going to the bathroom but i was thinking to myself "wow that looks so much like sherri from eisley" and then i think "nooooo it cant be them.." then they came back and it was sherri and i think her christie but i still didnt think it was them till i saw stacy in line waiting to buy tickets and trying to tell sherri something. then i saw chauntelle walking behind them on her cell. anyways i was being really stupid and i didnt go up to them or anything (i had a camera in my purse too, lol) and i figured that they were just buying tickets for the next day like us, and if i saw them there i'd ask for a picture, but i never saw them. and i'm still very mad at myself for not going up to them. Sad lol.. but they are coming to sac soon and i'm VERY excited!
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

Ouch! That's got to hurt....but don't worry, I bet I'm more shy than you. It's one quality that doesn't have an upside (obviously).
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I'm not sure what to say. On the one hand, I think they should be able to have there privacy. But on the other hand, they might like seeing their fans outside of their shows.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
forumlurker
Sea Post King

a lot of people have trouble just going up to strangers and talking to them. its perfectly normal. well, eisley aren't really strangers in the traditional sense but you know what i mean.

but if you want to get over it, you're just going to have to practice talking to stangers.
advancement
Sea Post King

When I saw them on the Summer Scenic tour I was exploring the venue area and Sherri was in one of the local vintage toy stores and I completely acknowedged her presence and knew it was her but I just let her be.

When I met her later that night I told her and she seemed happy about it, but said I should've said Hi.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Don't beat yourself up over it. It was nice of you to be considerate. Though I doubt they'd mind much if you just said hi and that you like them and all. So if you get another chance, go for it. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Y4J
Golly, Poster

See i'm like that too. On one hand, i'm shy, but on the other hand, If I DO muster up what I got to say hi, I don't want to be a bother. Kinda respecting their space and all that.

But when I went to the SF show in June, I had to take a picture with them. (Even though I didn't get Stacy and Jon...) Especially after seeing them live (*cough cough especially the girls cough cough*) If I didn,t I would have thrown myself off the bay bridge.

Check out my FLICKR and leave comments!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28644084@N00/
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 829 | Location: Manteca, California
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

i'd of run up
stared stacy right in the eye
put on a big goofy grin
waved
then ran away

musicislove
Golly, Poster

granpaturtle wrote:
i'd of run up
put on a big goofy grin
waved
then ran away

Laughing

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

See, I'm not really that shy... but in that kind of situation I would be hesitent to go up to them for respect of their privacy. I would probably kick myself after not saying hi, though. Haha.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
photomemory
Sea Post King

granpaturtle wrote:
i'd of run up
put on a big goofy grin
waved
then ran away

sorry, hahaha, that made me lol for real. haha.

JamesF
Sea Post King

Now that I know people have told them about this and they said they should've said hi, I think if I ever see them I will...
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

Unless I knew them personally, it would be hard to go up to anybody in a band or that you admired in a non show setting. but it would be a good thing to say hi, as long as it wasn't like OHMYGOSH!!!!LIKEWOAH! yeah, hmm.
however, if I don't meet band members at their show, I get mad at myself. so I just suck it up and go talk to them, no matter how awkward it might be. it usually turns out just fine. Embarassed usually... Smile

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BenC
Golly, Poster

I would atleast say Hi but thats about it.
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

i think the appropriate etiquette would be:
walk up, introduce yourself, say "I just wanted to say you guys are awesome...that's all" then excuse yourself

except as soon as you introduce yourself Chauntelle will launch into full throttle talk mode and you'll be sucked in like whoa...and you won't try to stop her either, you'll be mesmerized...she's made out of magic