Laughing City
candicei
Sea Post King

How excited was I when I first read Eisley was playing in Australia?! Only to be devastated 2 seconds later to find out it was sold out..

Being the smart cookie I am, I managed to do a deal with someone on eBay before bids started, so I became the proud owner of a Taking Back Sunday ticket!

I got there a bit after six to join the queue that was mass emo-ness.. scary..
Got to the door only to have my bag searched by the cops. Apparently there were no cameras allowed.. luckily for me I keep my digicam in a black sock [don't ask] so all they got from me was my water bottle [damn $4 bottles of water inside]!

I managed to get a spot upstairs on the left hand side balcony.. right beside the stage! From there I could see the band downstairs watching the first support act, The Getaway Plan.. who I actually didn't mind but they're still a bit too Screamo for my liking.. & Paul who was on a corner of the balcony a bit further down! Paul: how did you manage to get that camera in anyways? It's not exactly easy to hide, lol Surprised

Anyway, despite being admist a bunch of people who were impatient to see TBS, I really enjoyed their set.. although I was already feeling a little sad that they'd be gone again shortly for who knows how long [sniff.. yes, I know: I'm incredibly lucky to have seen them twice in one day]. The guys put on a good show, even after the stupid water bottle throwing incident.

The only thing I would have changed about the set was to leave Golly Sandra out. Now I love this song, but as soon as they started playing that, I could literally feel the people around me slump even more. Not one to win over an emo crowd with, heh. But the last two songs, Head Against the Sky & Many Funerals.. killer. They're my two fave songs & definitely got more guts for those after a different kind of show.

Alrighty, I didn't take any pictures because I really happen to like my camera & being side stage.. so I wasn't about to tempt fate. I'm still not sure how I managed to get it in. The cop kept asking me if I had a camera in my bag, but I always kinda stepped around the question.. so I never actually lied.. Twisted Evil

I did take vid clips of each song though.. although please don't expect anything much. Most of the set I had my camera down by my side trying to be discreet, so I had no idea if I was actually getting it in the frame or not. The first clip is a good example of this. Plus I was getting a bit jiggled from others, so it gets a bit wobbly at stages. The clips are with my digicam, so quality not so great & I can only take 1 minute clips [which I will still treasure for all eternity].

The show as I saw it..
01. Marvelous Things
02. Mr . Pine omg, I'm so glad they played this song.. I love love love it!
03. I actually have no idea what this song is - does anyone know? I feel quite shamed to not recognise it..
04. Telescope Eyes
05. Golly Sandra
06. Memories
07. Like The Actors
08. Head Against The Sky - Clip 1, Clip 2 & Clip 3
09. Many Funerals - Clip 1 & Clip 2 + end of show

Can you tell the last 2 are my faves? I tried to catch as much as possible of those.

After the show, I went downstairs to purchase myself an Eisley shirt.. which I am wearing now.. having slept in it & not gotten up till 1030 [I was going to do so much this morning but refused to set my alarm as I get up at 3AM every morning for work.. not today!]. I hung around for a little bit while TBS was setting up, but I got bored fairly quickly & decided to bail. So I walked out the doors & the security guard had a go at me: "Hey! There are no passouts!" You should have seen the look on his face when I told him I didn't want to go back in, lmao! Very Happy

So here I am now.. still feeling a sense of disbelief at my luck that I not only got to see my favourite band of all time play, but that it was twice in one day & I actually got to meet them at the instore! I'm also already feeling a little nostalgic over it all: this forum is great for being able to relive it all!

So to anyone in Eisley if they read this: Thankyou so much for the great experiences here for us Australians, I am so happy that I finally got to see what you guys are all about in person! I also apologise for being so dorky.. I'm not normally like this about bands, but hey.. Eisley love!
Joined: 17 Jan 2006 | Posts: 12 | Location: Brisbane, Australia
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

candicei wrote:
Head Against the Sky

That few minutes right there was pure heaven,especially the little jamming bit at the end

The getaway plan I thought were fantastic,the singer looked like he was 12 but my god that guy can scream

yes $4 for a crappy 75c bottle of water...disgusting,at least someone at the arena remembered how to turn the Air conditioning on last night though.

and my Nikon has magical powers,thats how I got it in,the drunk girl next to me kept asking about it and at the end of the eisley set after stacy and sherri had been talking for the last 45 mins she asked me "are they australian"

doh!!...No more drinks for you dear methinks Laughing

You were standing in the exact spot I thought you were,is one of your friends Blonde and was very vocal at the end of every song? that was really cool.
Joined: 24 Oct 2003 | Posts: 17686 | Location: making uhh SEXYTIME
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
candicei
Sea Post King

homesick_alien wrote:
You were standing in the exact spot I thought you were, is one of your friends Blonde and was very vocal at the end of every song? that was really cool.

I was actually there by myself.. I have no idea who the other people were. I also wasn't really paying much attention to them to tell you the truth, lol! Only to the couple right next to me as the chick was getting really impatient & kept groaning & bumping into me.. sheesh.. duumbass!

homesick_alien wrote:
That few minutes right there was pure heaven, especially the little jamming bit at the end

I'm so with you there.. that song just does crazy things to me! I once fell asleep listening to that song on repeat.. I'm so glad I got to see the beauty of it live.. shivers!
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

you were alone? why didn't you come stand with me? I didn't even know you were there,let alone 5 metres away Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
candicei
Sea Post King

To tell you the truth, the thought never even occurred to me! I guess I'm a bit of a loner other than a couple of close friends so yeah.. lol, nothing personal!
I was lucky enough to get a ticket, but there's no way any of my friends was going to spend over $100 to get a ticket to see something they weren't even into.. just to hang out with me! My boyfriend would have come if the show hadn't sold out just to hang out with me, but yeah.. not worth it & he gigs Saturday nights anyways.
Matthias
Sea Post King

Im a new user, and i signed up because last night for the first time ever i witnessed Eisley play and was absolutely blown away. Seriously, I have not been to a show, seen a new band play and have that kind of reaction to it. they were brilliant. I went as a Taking Back Sunday fan, and left as a Eisley fan. So much so, that i needed to meet them, so I, along with a few friends followed their van back to their hotel and said hi to them as they were waiting in the carpark. sounds stalkish...yes - and i apologise, but they were wonderful. the voices are beautiful. oh...soo good. so hey, eisley, you might remember me, my name is matt, and i was the dude in the grey shirt. Hope to catch you in australia sometime soon. Very Happy
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Matthias wrote:
sounds stalkish...yes - and i apologise,

well in your defence Sherri was marrying off Chauntelle and Stacy on stage so they could live here Laughing
Matthias
Sea Post King

thats exactly why i followed...anything to help them get their australian passport. Razz
Ryan Adams
Golly, Poster

That 3rd clip is The Escaping Song. ;]
Golly, Poster

Thanks for sharing!
I find it interesting that they've changed the lyrics to "Many Funerals."

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Inamorato
Sea Post King

candicei wrote:

Anyway, despite being admist a bunch of people who were impatient to see TBS, I really enjoyed their set.. although I was already feeling a little sad that they'd be gone again shortly for who knows how long [sniff.. yes, I know: I'm incredibly lucky to have seen them twice in one day]. The guys put on a good show, even after the stupid water bottle throwing incident.

The only thing I would have changed about the set was to leave Golly Sandra out. Now I love this song, but as soon as they started playing that, I could literally feel the people around me slump even more. Not one to win over an emo crowd with, heh. But the last two songs, Head Against the Sky & Many Funerals.. killer. They're my two fave songs & definitely got more guts for those after a different kind of show.

After the show, I went downstairs to purchase myself an Eisley shirt.. which I am wearing now.. having slept in it & not gotten up till 1030 [I was going to do so much this morning but refused to set my alarm as I get up at 3AM every morning for work.. not today!]. I hung around for a little bit while TBS was setting up, but I got bored fairly quickly & decided to bail. So I walked out the doors & the security guard had a go at me: "Hey! There are no passouts!" You should have seen the look on his face when I told him I didn't want to go back in, lmao! Very Happy

Thanks for the great report. It made me feel like I was along for the front gate smuggling and surreptitious filming. I know what it's like to attend a concert to see Eisley while most of the people are impatient for the hard rocking main act. Security guys everywhere seem to have a hard time understanding why a person would leave before the featured band has played. I'm really looking forward to the U.S. headlining tour where it will be an Eisley crowd. Even with the flying water bottle, Brisbane is still just about my favorite AU city.

Quote:

I did take vid clips of each song though.. although please don't expect anything much. Most of the set I had my camera down by my side trying to be discreet, so I had no idea if I was actually getting it in the frame or not. The first clip is a good example of this. Plus I was getting a bit jiggled from others, so it gets a bit wobbly at stages. The clips are with my digicam, so quality not so great & I can only take 1 minute clips [which I will still treasure for all eternity].

03. I actually have no idea what this song is - does anyone know? I feel quite shamed to not recognise it..

I enjoyed the clips a lot and they whetted my anticipation for the U.S. tour. You could hardly be expected to know The Escaping Song since I don't believe it's available in AU yet.

Quote:

So here I am now.. still feeling a sense of disbelief at my luck that I not only got to see my favourite band of all time play, but that it was twice in one day & I actually got to meet them at the instore! I'm also already feeling a little nostalgic over it all: this forum is great for being able to relive it all!

So to anyone in Eisley if they read this: Thankyou so much for the great experiences here for us Australians, I am so happy that I finally got to see what you guys are all about in person! I also apologise for being so dorky.. I'm not normally like this about bands, but hey.. Eisley love!

Thanks for the vicarious thrill, candicei. You don't seem at all dorky to me, but then I have on my Eisley goggles which might look dorky to the rest of the world. Smile

Where music and moonlight and feeling
Are one.
--Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792–1822)
sloppyjoe
Sea Post King

candicei wrote:
homesick_alien wrote:
You were standing in the exact spot I thought you were, is one of your friends Blonde and was very vocal at the end of every song? that was really cool.

I was actually there by myself.. I have no idea who the other people were. I also wasn't really paying much attention to them to tell you the truth, lol! Only to the couple right next to me as the chick was getting really impatient & kept groaning & bumping into me.. sheesh.. duumbass!

homesick_alien wrote:
That few minutes right there was pure heaven, especially the little jamming bit at the end

I'm so with you there.. that song just does crazy things to me! I once fell asleep listening to that song on repeat.. I'm so glad I got to see the beauty of it live.. shivers!

Ha ha I was behind you with my girlfriend, shes blonde so maybe thats who your talking about homesick alien but i didnt think she was being that loud so maybe not. Yeah, candecie that couple next to you were pissing me off too they kept moving around, it was funny they had a domestic at one stage, it was probably about "fringe to the left is so much cooler than fringe to the right" "no way, like fringe to the right is so much cooler" and then it was on! But yeah Eisley were cool to see, im not a huge huge fan but I like them quite a lot they're really different (I went for TBS). When Sherri? spoke I couldn't hear what she said and the vocals were really quiet but you could still hear how good their voices were! I felt sorry for them though cause no-one in the front wanted to see them and they were all chanting over the top of them. They did well though im sure they made more than a few new fans. Thanks for being short too it was the best view there I could see the whole band really well, I saw you taking movies with that tiny camera, good stuff!!
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

candicei wrote:

01. Marvelous Things
02. Mr . Pine omg, I'm so glad they played this song.. I love love love it!
04. Telescope Eyes
05. Golly Sandra
06. Memories
07. Like The Actors
08. Head Against The Sky - Clip 1, Clip 2 & Clip 3
09. Many Funerals - Clip 1 & Clip 2 + end of show

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Very Happy
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

thanks i downloaded them all! im gonna watch them tomorrow at school hehe. <33
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

Man, if they play Mr. Pine when I see them.....I don't think I'm gonna be able to contain myself.

...whatever that means.