Laughing City

How did you become an Eisley aficionado??
Through the Texas music scene
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
I knew them before they were even in a band!!
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Discovered them supporting Coldplay
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Saw them at V2003
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Some other reason....describe below
43%
 43%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 32

sinead
Sea Post King

I was just wondering where we all come from!

For me....

I was on the Coldplay website in about January 2003, checking for UK tourdates. It had a blurb about the more recent American tour, and info about who was supporting them.
It had a link to the (formerly known as) mosseisley.com and a little message telling us to check them out because they were a band heavily influenced by British bands like Coldplay and Radiohead.

So i checked them out...and here i am.
Laughing
Joined: 30 Jan 2003 | Posts: 74 | Location: Northamptonshire, UK!!!
trendynate
Sea Post King

cornerstone 2002
Silver Star Rain
Lost at Forum

Actually, I was driving one day when I ran over this bump and said "Eyechie!". Yeah, and my friend said, "Oh you know about Eisley!?" I was quite confused whereas she was just terribly excited. Then she said something or other about how splendid they were...yes, and then I just thought I'd check things out. And thus now I am glad I ran over that there bump and that my car has horrid shocks or I might not be here today.... Very Happy

And it's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes.

Joined: 01 Sep 2003 | Posts: 1061 | Location: The Stoned Mountain
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

V2003 opening act, right near front, next to boyd i believe...awesome way to start the day!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

My story ... I've known about Eisley since about February. Sort of. A friend of mine who was very much into the Longview/Tyler (I hail from Kilgore/Longview) area music scene had seen them a time or two and was telling me about the local music he had heard. I had to correct his pronunciation of the Star Wars spaceport. So that's my frist memory ... But I didn't start listening until I read a cheaply obtained copy of Blender and I couldn't stop looking at the Eisley page for some reason (when something is in the back of my mind, I try hard to dig it out) ... until I drew the connection that I had heard of them before and that this was an East Texas band in a mainstream magazine. So I was obligated to check them out ... it took me long enough to get the bright idea to do that. But anyway, here I am.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
juan
Lost at Forum

i was searching for info on a band called Mos Eisley, they are a band hailing from not so far from my home town. well i then found found mosseisley.com which was high up the list in gppgle search, i discovered some mp3's, it obviously wasn't the band that i was looking for as Mos Eisley are sorta pop punk. well i absolutley loved the mp3s and decdided to write so on the forum. i think. so yeah thats me.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
diddlebaum
Sea Post King

Boyd and I were friends before any of his chillin's even picked up a guitar. That's how I know 'em.
And passive aggressiveness.
Laughing_city
Sea Post King

i saw them at V2003, i was lying down in the sun, and i fell asleep
and some one trode on me, and i woke up to tree tops i believe it was
Joined: 18 Aug 2003 | Posts: 325 | Location: Stansted, Essex, England
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

i saw them several (two i think?) summers ago at some festival in whiteoak... or some place like that. with the late great uncle andrew. i think that was when taylor still played bass for them or something and they were called moss eisley. yeah, i bought ep1 i fell asleep to it many a times. i started going to shows regularly just this past winter because i could finally drive and could afford insane 5$ cover charges at swanky venues. Rolling Eyes
abductee
Laughing Citizen

errm.. I caught the tail end of a conversation that one of them was having with another person on the radiohead message board last summer, I saw something about music, so I inquired and was given a URL... went straight to the music section and was amazed by the songs heh..

and erm.. yep, that's the long and short of it... I got into eisly by being a dork Wink Rolling Eyes Cool

Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1640 | Location: California....
princessx
Sea Post King

Hmm....listening the the Adventure Club. I think the first song I heard was "Over the Mountains." After that I was hooked.
marv
Sea Post King

abductee wrote:
errm.. I caught the tail end of a conversation that one of them was having with another person on the radiohead message ... I got into eisly by being a dork Wink Rolling Eyes Cool

You callin' me a dork, Brian? Shocked

Yeah... well I heard Eisley playing on the main stage at V2003 and thought i'd check it out.
I'd heard them soundchecking (we were camping behind the stage) and had nothing better to do than wander around and watch.
Glad I did Smile

"Wee would beeee so happy you and meee
Noone there to tell us.. what to do!" Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sara89
Golly, Poster

I also discovered them on the CP website and in that Rolling Stone article about SXSW. I then decided to buy the EP when I saw it at fye and I was soon bowled over.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

ilitherian wrote:
i saw them several (two i think?) summers ago at some festival in whiteoak..:

White Oak! Ha! Sorry, I'm obliged to laugh at it. I live five minutes from there when I'm with family in Longview. Too bad I was a shut-in when I lived there two summers ago because i was interning at the Longview paper. All my friends decided it was more fun to get drunk and leave me at work or home than do anything else.

Oh well.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vmiprestrain
Sea Post King

cornerstone 2002.... even though i missed all their shows and have yet to see them. grr..
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 434 | Location: Bridgewater, VA