Laughing City
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

When I arrived in Cleveland this afternoon, I went to Tower City (a mall-thing). I stopped in Borders Express, and popped out quickly. I walk by Casual Corner and... BAM! Chauntelle, Sherri, Stacy. I paused for a minute, than continued walking. Because I didn't want to harass them.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
cgar7
Vintage Newbie

oh but they love to be harssed.

you should have shouted "Hey Duprees!" and then ran ...like the dickens

Here's the game of grand mistakes while floating with a fan above a nothing.The crowd is ready sides are steady you are clutching my hand, it is hurting
Last edited by cgar7 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

oh wow. i would of walked into the store and jsut kinda looked around and try not to make it abvious that i was looking at them. and myabe say hi.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

cgar7 wrote:
oh but they love to harssed.

you should have shouted "Hey Duprees!" and then ran ...like the dickens

But I know I would have tripped.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
cgar7
Vintage Newbie

and then they would have ran over to you and they would be like are you okay .think of how much better this story would have been Wink

Here's the game of grand mistakes while floating with a fan above a nothing.The crowd is ready sides are steady you are clutching my hand, it is hurting
Last edited by cgar7 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
oh wow. i would of walked into the store and jsut kinda looked around and try not to make it abvious that i was looking at them. and myabe say hi.

They were walking out of the store. And I am no stalker. Plus, it was a girls' store. And regardless of the fact that I was wearing eyeliner, I don't wear girls clothes.

guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

cgar7 wrote:
and then they would have ran over to you and they would be like are okay .think of how much better this story would have been Wink

You are very correct. I would have done something like that. It would have been awesome.

cgar7
Vintage Newbie

"no ,i think i broke my leg can you ...sing to it."

guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

Hahahaha...
thebrightestfirefly
Lost at Forum

cgar7 wrote:

"i glimpsed a kid who fell on their face.. oh what a basket case.. ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah aaah"

Inamorato
Sea Post King

Pantheon4 wrote:
When I arrived in Cleveland this afternoon, I went to Tower City (a mall-thing). I stopped in Borders Express, and popped out quickly. I walk by Casual Corner and... BAM! Chauntelle, Sherri, Stacy. I paused for a minute, than continued walking. Because I didn't want to harass them.

Pantheon4 showed admirable restraint by not imposing on the DuPree girls' privacy, although they would no doubt have been gracious. As a fairly new member of the Eisley fan club, I was astonished at their accessibility described in many Laughing City posts. Sherri did the stage talking in Cleveland, my first Eisley show, and her complete lack of pretense confirmed everything I've read about the Eisleyans being "just folks." Still, as she points out in a recent journal entry, a lot of meet-and-greets on top of the demands of touring can be wearying.

There is something appealing about a really talented band that hangs around their merch table after a performance and makes posts on their forum. Some fans understandably want things to stay that way. Others, as we've seen in the recent calls for Eisley appearances on national talk shows and Saturday Night Live, want the band to increase their exposure which will naturally lead to greater success with music sales and headlining shows in larger venues. As Eisley becomes more popular, it gets harder for the band members to remain so accessible. The disappearing Xangas and reduced after-show hobnobbing illustrate what can happen when fan attention becomes overwhelming.

Based on their collective persona, I think the players will always be relatively accessible regardless of their success. I hope, though, that all the stuff that accompanies increased popularity doesn't interfere with the musical development of the band. The music of Eisley, after all, is why we first came to this site.
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

i'd've been like "hope you guys like -insert city name here-. i'm a big fan. bye."
Vintage Newbie

Sometimes they come into Hastings... it's hard to not jump up on the counter and start screaming "OMG ITS EISLEY!! THEY JUST CAME IN!!! LOOK EVERYBODY!! OMG!!!11!!!!one!!11!!!!"
...and then proceed to hyperventilate and pass out on the floor.

norad
Vintage Newbie

jamiga wrote:
Sometimes they come into Hastings... it's hard to not jump up on the counter and start screaming "OMG ITS EISLEY!! THEY JUST CAME IN!!! LOOK EVERYBODY!! OMG!!!11!!!!one!!11!!!!"
...and then proceed to hyperventilate and pass out on the floor.

aww. you have no idea how hard i was tryign not to spit out all my water when i read that. way too funny. i jsut imagiend you acting liek a screaming monkey in your wedding dress. oh boy.
ladyofthewood_
Sea Post King

thebrightestfirefly wrote:
cgar7 wrote:

"i glimpsed a kid who fell on their face.. oh what a basket case.. ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah aaah"

hahahaha

goto page
 | next >>