Laughing City
Antiarches
Sea Post King

ok, so i prolly won't be able to check out any replies to this until well after i am home on monday...

but last night, @ the detroit show, i waited afterwards to see if the band was coming out and instead got shoved out the door by security...

the night before, in chicago, we waited by merch, but left when switchfoot came on because one of my friends was getting bored and not feeling well...

so, my question is... to any of you who've been on this tour... or to boyd or the band themselves...

is there a planned meet-n-greet after the shows on this tour, or do i need to do a little more detective work to talk to you guys?

Joined: 10 Apr 2005 | Posts: 341 | Location: Tinley Park, IL
Sherri
Sea Post King

dear fanses,
ever since we started the band in 1998 we've made it an effort to head out after every one of our shows to hang out with our fans and say hello and it was something we've enjoyed doing.
it's always amazing to meet people who you've somehow managed to inspire and hang out with them.
it's just become really hard to do it every night now because it got to where we would end up standing out in line for over an hour, signing 4 and 5 things for each person who asked and it became very hard to keep doing that (it is especially hard right after playing a show as well).
so, we will still will be doing random meet-and-greets, it just wont be able to be exactly like before, where we come out every night after we play.
It's not that we don't want to meet you guys at all, you have to understand, it's just very hard to meet everyone who would like to say hello. but we love all of you guys.

My dumb photos for fun.
http://flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/
A bit of the art...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sherrisink/
Older art...
http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/slitgizzard/ArtWork/
PizzaMan
Sea Post King

Antiarches wrote:
but left when switchfoot came on because one of my friends was getting bored and not feeling well...

What an enigma. To deal with this crises, I would slap a $20 in their hand, and help them to catch a cab, then say "Sorry bro, but I'm not leaving, I'm sure you understand," and I'd tell them that I'll call them in the morning to see how they're feeling. Could this be why I don't have any friends? hehehe
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

When I went to the troubadour for the free show I had to wait for the "VIP aftershow party". I was there until 1 am, and I met everyone but Sherri. It was well worth it.
room_noises
Golly, Poster

hmmmmmm........

We were at the Detroit show and well there were more Eisley fans than I expected..........

I wonder if the people behind us, who were Eisley fans, actually met Eisley.

Boyd um did the people who came up to you duirng um Switchfoot i forget the song name, but you walked right past the store counter and two girls with red and brown hair and an Eisley poster and jackets, anyway did they end up meeting Eisley?

Oh and if you happen to be here people I described, please state so.

You were sitting on the floor I was too and then I glanced over and my dad quick tapped me and said "Look!" and Boyd walked right past us and I didn't get to see him......

Good show by the way Eisley. I looked at the ceiling for the rest of the show Wink

jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Poor Chauntelle. She should just start signing a big C. And a happy face, of course.
ImmoralImmortal
Golly, Poster

Yeah, the first time I saw Eisley at the Troubadour, almost NO ONE was around them. I was VERY surprised. So me and my friends hung out with Chauntelle throught the WHOLE show! Then I went to the free show and I didn't get to see them off stage AT ALL! Too much of a crowd, and they were having the little VIP thing. We figured we wouldn't be able to see them so we left. Me and my friends shook our fists at the Saturn sign thing. haha

~ Ramón ~
Joined: 05 Apr 2004 | Posts: 508 | Location: Carson, California
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
horseslam
Sea Post King

Antiarches wrote:
ok, so i prolly won't be able to check out any replies to this until well after i am home on monday...

but last night, @ the detroit show, i waited afterwards to see if the band was coming out and instead got shoved out the door by security...

the night before, in chicago, we waited by merch, but left when switchfoot came on because one of my friends was getting bored and not feeling well...

so, my question is... to any of you who've been on this tour... or to boyd or the band themselves...

is there a planned meet-n-greet after the shows on this tour, or do i need to do a little more detective work to talk to you guys?

I think I saw you there.

golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

sherri wrote:
dear fanses,
ever since we started the band in 1998 we've made it an effort to head out after every one of our shows to hang out with our fans and say hello and it was something we've enjoyed doing.
Very Happy
sherri wrote:

it's always amazing to meet people who you've somehow managed to inspire and hang out with them.
Smile
sherri wrote:
it's just become really hard to do it every night now because it got to where we would end up standing out in line for over an hour, signing 4 and 5 things for each person who asked and it became very hard to keep doing that (it is especially hard right after playing a show as well).
Sad
sherri wrote:
so, we will still will be doing random meet-and-greets, it just wont be able to be exactly like before, where we come out every night after we play.
Confused
sherri wrote:
It's not that we don't want to meet you guys at all, you have to understand, it's just very hard to meet everyone who would like to say hello. but we love all of you guys.
Embarassed
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

if you hang around reallll long, you can catch them as they stroll out to the van, get in a real long hug with Weston, meet and approve of Garron, and challenge Sherri to a duel.

crap...I forgot to do that...

I-M-Not-On-Fire
Sea Post King

Whoa. I just came from the Philly show and hadn't read this thread. I've seen the band 4 times, and I was beginning to think that eventually they would have to change their ways. I got to talk to Chauntelle for quite some time tonight (as I mentioned in my "philly show" thread) and I definitely consider myself lucky. She said I could go to where they were unloading outside of the Troc but I also had heard that everyone in the band was tired so I tried to exercise a little restraint. I figured if I didn't go stand outside with the group of people waiting, that would be one less person they'd have to talk to before they could get in the van and try to sleep, so I didn't bother with it. I've met the band a bunch of times. They're always very polite and patient as I ramble (yeah, I do that), and I've seen the rush of people who want autographs and I feel bad for them. It's great that the band will still meet fans, sign autographs, and take pictures even if it's just occasionally. I hope we all remember how lucky we are to be fans of a band that cares so much about doing right by us. And I hope we don't let their kindness spoil us. I guess that's my whole point.
and figure out how it works.
Don't let me know what you find out.......

I wanna see it when you find out what comets, stars, and moons are all about.
Joined: 31 Mar 2005 | Posts: 15 | Location: Stratford, New Jersey
Antiarches
Sea Post King

horseslam wrote:
I think I saw you there.

you did. but i'm a shy type, so i said nothing...

Antiarches
Sea Post King

ok... i thought twice about posting this in the first place... but it was early morning, we were about to leave detroit for cleveland, and i had like 20 seconds to decide to post it or not...

i kinda feel like it was a selfish thing to post... i've met with the band a handful of times... talked to boyd at great length a stack of times.. and i appreciate the time they spend with their fans... how many bands do that?

anyway, if i rubbed anyone the wrong way, i just want to apologize...

I-M-Not-On-Fire
Sea Post King

Antiarches wrote:
anyway, if i rubbed anyone the wrong way, i just want to apologize...

Anti....I hope you didn't think I was offended or anything by what you put, not at all. But your post and then Sherri's response to it just made me start thinking even more about the whole issue of the band talking to fans and how tired they must get on the road, etc.....every time i see them talking to throngs of people at a time, i think about it. you just brought it to the forefront of my mind and my post was just a general statement.

By the way, I think Sherri put it best one time when I met her before. I asked her if she ever gets tired of the constant touring and everything that comes along with it, and her response was, "I don't get tired of it. I just get tired."

-Donald David Lamb Jr is NOT on fire.

and figure out how it works.
Don't let me know what you find out.......

I wanna see it when you find out what comets, stars, and moons are all about.
Joined: 31 Mar 2005 | Posts: 15 | Location: Stratford, New Jersey
Y4J
Golly, Poster

granpaturtle wrote:
if you hang around reallll long, you can catch them as they stroll out to the van,

That's what we did. We got to wave bye to the band. We were the only ones waiting that long after the show.

Quote:
get in a real long hug with Weston,

Tried is 5 times, I kept getting looks.

Quote:
meet and approve of Garron

Did but he spent 10 minutes letting me know why he didn't care because he knew he was the best.

Quote:
and challenge Sherri to a duel.

I did and lost.. She critied me with 2600 damage..... and I only have 2400hp.

Check out my FLICKR and leave comments!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28644084@N00/
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 829 | Location: Manteca, California

goto page
 | next >>