Laughing City
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

So the show just ended not too long ago, so I figured I would make the first post about it.

When we were waiting outside in line to get in, the girls in front of us told us that Alyson Michalka from the Disney channel show "Phil of the Future" was there. I don't know if she was there for Eisley or Switchfoot, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was there from Eisley, since they have quite the young Hollywood following (okay, just Haley Joel and Michelle Trachtenberg, but that's pretty good).

Augustana was pretty good. The guitarist reminded me a bit of Paul Rudd. But maybe that was just me.

Then Eisley came on!! My friend and I were super excited because we had pretty much just gone to the show for them. Hmm...let's see...they performed (in no particular order) Head Against The Sky, Memories, Plenty Of Paper, Mr. Pine, Many Funerals, Telescope Eyes, Golly Sandra, My Lovely, and Marvelous Things.

Sherri flubbed a part in one of the songs. I forgot which one, but she was motioning something to Chauntelle (to turn down the amp maybe?) and then forgot that she was supposed to sing. And then she kind of laughed and rolled her eyes and continued singing. I thought it was cute.

There was a good amount of Eisley love in the house, but not nearly as much as there should have been.

After their set, we went out to the merch tables to buy stuff and to wait to meet Eisley. I saw Haley Joel Osment (yet again! I guess he really likes Eisley, since he seems to be at every L.A. show now). And then I saw Boyd, which got me excited because I still had never gotten a chance to meet him. But then he went up to Haley and asked him if he wanted to go backstage to hang out with the band, and Haley asked if his friends could come along too, and he said yes. So they were walking past me and I yelled out to Boyd and asked him if I could get a picture with him and he said yes, but it had to be quick. But that was nice of him. Thanks Boyd! Sorry for asking at such an inconvenient time. I asked him when the real IWP video would be released, but he seemed a bit distracted and didn't really answer the question. But that's understandable.

We waited a while longer and Eisley came out! I got to talk to Sherri, Chauntelle, and Stacy. To whoever it was who wanted to know whether Sherri or Stacy had written "Many Funerals," I asked, and it was Sherri. They also confirmed the rumor of the spring tour with Brighten. And they were all really surprised and happy that I knew about them and Chauntelle said that she really loved them. They were all so nice. I got my picture taken with them. I also saw Christie, but I have gotten a picture with her before and I didn't want to bother her.

And then after that happened, a security guard spotted my friend's camera (she had snuck it in) and told us that we had to put it away in our car, but since we had gotten dropped off, they just made her throw away her batteries. I talked to Garron and he was real nice. I had him sign my Room Noises cd booklet, even though he wasn't on that cd. He signed on top of Jon Very Happy . I then went to get Weston to sign the booklet as well, and one of his friends was there telling me that he had a girlfriend. To which I replied that I was aware of that and that she had the same name as me, which made his friend laugh. Then I took pictures with Wes and Garron with my camera phone. But those didn't turn out very nicely, because camera phones don't take particularly good pictures.

We went back to the concert, because Switchfoot had already started. Anyway, they were beyond amazing. The crowd was soo into them. They told us that they were recording the concert (for a live cd release, I suppose), which really got the fans all worked up. After that concert, I have been converted into a major Switchfoot fan. I think they are so good. If you ever get the chance, I definitely recommend going to a concert of theirs (if you haven't already), because they put on one heck of a show.

I believe this was one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

Oh, and after the show, we got free Switchfoot posters, stickers, bookmarks, and t-shirts from the Switchfoot street team members!! That was quite exciting to get so much free stuff.

Sorry I have no pictures to post. My friend has to upload her pictures on to the computer so I can see them.

Oh boy, I can't wait until the Spring Tour.

- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
Last edited by madsenfan35 on Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

aw, I felt like I was there with you while reading that. Glad you had some fun girl! Very Happy

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

The5thavocado wrote:
aw, I felt like I was there with you while reading that. Glad you had some fun girl! Very Happy

Oh yay! I'm glad to hear you felt like you were a part of it. And thanks! I had a total blast! I wish I could have had more time to talk to the band, but there was a strange line that we had to wait in to meet them (well, just the girls), so I didn't want to talk for too long. The line thing was weird, though. Those Eisley fans are so polite. Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bruceleedisciple
Golly, Poster

Yes, i saw Sherri do the same thing, it was cute, haha. Yeh, me and my sister waited by the merch table for them to come out. And when they did, i seriously could not move. My sister had to like, push me forwerd. I'm pretty sure i was the first to take a picture with the girls. On the camera phone, the picture didn't come out well, but you can tell its them and me. After they had all signed my stuff me and my sister were leaving, then I realized Sherri didn't sign one of the posters, so I looked back, and who was in front of me? Thats right! you guessed it! my musical inspiration. Chad Gilbert of New Found Glory. I knew he would be there for sure, but I thought if i did see him there, it would be from afar. But nope, by fate, hahaha, Sherri didn't sign my poster and I had to turn around. Chad is awesome. I told him how I have been following NFG for years. He seemed amazed to be hearing how much he has influenced me to pick up a guitar, him and Steve Klein "NFG's other guitarist". Anyways, that was awesome. I got to meet, my six musical idols all in one hour. I swear, this was the best nite of my life. I was wishing sooooo bad that i had gotten the girls flowers. LOL, i was looking around the venue to see if there was any like, fake one's lying around but, I found nothing. My goodness, they are even more beautiful up close in person. Stacy has the most beautiful blue eye's i have ever seen. Well now, I could go on forever about how this nite was amazing. But i'm dead tired and want to sleep. If any of the members happen to read this, I would just like to thank you with all my heart. God has truely blessed you. And honstly, I can say that you are and always will be my favorate band. Thank you for bringing such joy into my life. You have given not just myself, but all Eisley fans something one way or another. Thank you once again.

www.myspace.com/georgeproject

www.purevolume.com/jesusworshiper
Joined: 02 Sep 2005 | Posts: 674 | Location: los angeles california
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mcrew117
Sea Post King

hahahah that's what i said...the best concert ever. eisley + switchfoot
richicha
Sea Post King

madsenfan35 wrote:
The guitarist reminded me a bit of Paul Rudd. But maybe that was just me.

as their set continued, i noticed that his delivery style reminded me of taylor hanson [eisley stalkers!]

madsenfan35 wrote:
Then Eisley came on!! My friend and I were super excited because we had pretty much just gone to the show for them. Hmm...let's see...they performed (in no particular order) Head Against The Sky, Memories, Plenty Of Paper, Mr. Pine, Many Funerals, Telescope Eyes, Golly Sandra, My Lovely, and Marvelous Things.

i was there, pretty much, just for them too!
the order was: head against the sky, telescope eyes, marvelous things, my lovely, golly sandra, mr. pine, plenty of paper, memories, and many funerals

madsenfan35 wrote:
Sherri flubbed a part in one of the songs.

it was the start of the second verse of 'telescope eyes'. she came in on "you're just not near enough like me." i saw the eye roll. very cute.

madsenfan35 wrote:
There was a good amount of Eisley love in the house, but not nearly as much as there should have been.

these girls next to me were like "how many more songs are they gonna play?" sheesh.

i now wish i went out to meet them again too.
but i didn't want to lose my place for the main act,
even though i really cared more about eisley. hrm.
i saw boyd in passing after the concert, and wanted to
yell 'hi' and give a high-five, but the crowd kept pushing me along.

lots of fun, the night was. and i'm totally in awe of switchfoot.
they give so much of themselves in their performance, and
they seem to love it so much, and they're so positive about it all.
of course, eisley was amazing as always, but i have newfound
respect for the band known as switchfoot.

xanga
myspace
Wels0n
Sea Post King

i have to say, i was gonna make to that show..but death cab for cutie was amazing as well on this particular friday Very Happy
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

aw what a nice review =]
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

Wels0n wrote:
i have to say, i was gonna make to that show..but death cab for cutie was amazing as well on this particular friday Very Happy

Aww, so you never did manage to get tickets to the Saturday Death Cab so you could go to the Friday Eisley.

I went to Death Cab tonight. It was amazing! But quite short. They ended at like 10:50 pm. And it started at 8:00 pm. While the Switchfoot show started at 8 pm and ended after 12 am. But there were 2 opening bands there, so maybe that had something to do with it?

starnothing
Laughing Citizen

death cab are really professional about their work. not saying this has to do with the time they end their concerts, but if it did, i wouldnt be surprised. i just hate it when shows go on until like 1 am. that's ridiculous. eisley was worth it though, but i swear, they must have went on about 12 at winter west.
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

starnothing wrote:
death cab are really professional about their work. not saying this has to do with the time they end their concerts, but if it did, i wouldnt be surprised. i just hate it when shows go on until like 1 am. that's ridiculous. eisley was worth it though, but i swear, they must have went on about 12 at winter west.

I like long shows, because that means more songs. My parents, on the other hand, don't like them because that means they have to wait until real late to come and pick me up.

nevernever
Laughing Citizen

i went to the LA show too. after reading what boyd posted, i'm glad i got to see my first eisley show with sherri singing, but i have to say i'm a bit disappointed i didn't also go to the san diego one now. hearing more stacy songs would have also been really interesting. can't have both, i guess! :]

but yeah, meeting the band after the show was definitely worth it, although i'm really shy, and i think my friend and i monopolized poor garron's time a bit. >_< Razz
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
Wels0n
Sea Post King

yeah darn it i couldnt get saturday dcfc tickets! so i missed out on this tour from eisley....... Sad