Laughing City
I-M-Not-On-Fire
Sea Post King

I love this band. I loved the setlist. Stacy said during the show that she'd been sick, so she thought she might have trouble singing. Well, if that's her sick voice, I would give a lot to be able to sing like she does on a bad day. (And I'm a guy...ha)

FOR THE RECORD: I COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED ABOUT "MANY FUNERALS." I thought they weren't going to play it, but they saved it for last....a bold move. Boyd told me he wasn't sure that it came across the way they would've liked, but it definitely made a good impression on me. I've been thinking for months and months about what the next album will sound like, and I have been very hopeful. I think it will definitely surpass Room Noises in quality, and I love Room Noises. Many Funerals sounded just as awesome/different/exciting as I thought it would. The last word in it is "Goodbye" if i'm not mistaken, so it's an appropriate closer, if you're a dork like me who thinks that sort of thing matters.

I was lucky enough to get to talk to Chauntelle for all of Swithfoot's set, and she commented that Stacy and Sherri have over 20 new songs written and that they are all so good that they make her cry. That sort of report makes me quite anxious and excited for the new album. Chauntelle is so cool to talk to. I actually told her how weird it was that eventually I felt comfortable talking to her as if she wasn't in one of my favorite bands ever. I know this is ridiculous, but it's hard to think of someone you look up to so much as similar to you in any way. I'm getting the hang of it though. Ha.

The other band members were tired and chose to hang out backstage after their set, which is understandable. If any bandmembers read this...."Hi." And "Sweet set." And "I'll see you next time you're in Philly or anywhere else close enough."

Anyone who calls me a Boyd Dupree wannabe after this lengthy post would be right to do so. I will not rebut.

If any of you who read this were at the show, I'd love to hear what you thought.

-Donald David Lamb Jr is NOT on fire.

and figure out how it works.
Don't let me know what you find out.......

I wanna see it when you find out what comets, stars, and moons are all about.
Joined: 31 Mar 2005 | Posts: 15 | Location: Stratford, New Jersey
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

sounds great. i have a headache. bye.
Sea Post King

I hope I am not responsible for your headache. Apologies. Bye.

Grantticus
Golly, Poster

sounds like you had an awesome time.
this makes me want january/february time to hurry up.

I-M-Not-On-Fire
Sea Post King

Yes. I'm sure you will experience similar goodness when your time comes.

Sidenote: I've always wanted that "Brand Nizzle" shirt. Never got it. I assume there will always be a lot of Eisley/Brand New fans. I'm sure I'm not the only one who stumbled upon this great band years ago after reading on Jesse's journal on Brandnew.com, "Listen to Eisley." I'm so glad I trusted his taste in music.

kate_c
Sea Post King

pfuey. This was the first Philly show I missed (ok, i know this was only the third one, but anyway).. I had to write a paper..blaugh. But I'm glad you had an awesome time and it sounds like it was great..haha, maybe a little interesting with the cowbell. That makes me want to go even more. ok, sorry this is horrible english..sleep deprivation. thanks for posting about the show though!
Antiarches
Sea Post King

i saw you there... talking to chauntelle.... i butted in for a moment... to say goodbye, thank you... etc...

i'm still on the road... travelling from philly back to school in peoria, il...

the philly show was definitely a wonderful end to my weekend...

i've now been to ten... whew... since april 11th

Joined: 10 Apr 2005 | Posts: 341 | Location: Tinley Park, IL
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I have another post in the related Philly thread ...

The show was fun. I was in great company, and I even managed to stand up and watch all three bands. Alas, my camera was banned and I could not take pictures. At least I got some in Denver, but I was still disappointed, becasue the venue was pretty cool and had decent lighting. Oh well, hopefully next time ...

Anyway, I'm in New York right now, so I'll keep this short. Have a great day, and thanks to everyone who made this a great concert experience.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saxtonine
Sea Post King

Alright, it was a very good show, my second time catching Eisley in Philadelphia. But there were a few times when Eisley looked a little uncomfortable on stage, and "Golly Sandra" was a little sloppy. It wasn't bad, by any means, and I had a great time. But I think they were a little more together when they played at the TLA a few months back. My roomate and I yelled really loudly for "They All Surrounded Me" and Sherri informed us that they weren't playing that one. It was worth a shot Embarassed

Anyway, I *think* the setlist looked something like this:

- Head Against The Sky
- Telescope Eyes
- My Lovely
- Marvelous Things
- Mr. Pine
- Golly Sandra
- Plenty Of Paper
- Memories
- Many Funerals

The order might be a little mixed up in the middle, but I don't think I left anything out. I wasn't sure if the crowd was feeling Eisley or not, and Eisley seemed a little bummed that there was only like 8 of us in the whole place that had seen them in Philly before. But they sounded good, and it is always good to see them. Switchfoot was fine too.

Did anyone else notice the show was like, "Youth Group Night Out"? And the shameless 2 for 1 plug for The Newsboys?

And did anyone record the show by any chance? I need to remember to do that next time they come to my backyard.
moyjo
Sea Post King

wish i woulda had a chance to meet some of them at the denver show last wk. bummer.
ever since that day you left

- LTP
----------------------------------------
jonathan
superhits
Sea Post King

The show was sold out, I went to get tickets for it but I heard the dreaded news of it being sold out. That's just my luck.
I-M-Not-On-Fire
Sea Post King

Antiarches wrote:
i saw you there... talking to chauntelle.... i butted in for a moment... to say goodbye, thank you... etc...

Hmmm. I know one or two people came over to say hi/bye to her while I was there. So I'm sure I saw you too. I just don't know which person you were.

Saxtonine: I agree with you that it wasn't the tightest overall Eisley performance I've seen. You could tell that Stacy was struggling with her vocals a little, but I was still impressed with how she did under the circumstances. And the band overall seemed to feel unloved when only a few of us cheered to having seen them before, which is sad, because I actually thought the response between songs was pretty decent. Anyway, it's good to know that your favorite band can put on something a little less than their best show and still leave you walking away happy that you were there to see it.

-Donald David Lamb Jr is NOT on fire.

garron
Sea Post King

ha, im glad you liked our set...im also glad you felt comfortable talking to chauntelle, shes a pretty easy person to talk to. but were just people like you. theres not much special about us, except that we happen to play music...

hope to see you next time we come through, whenever that is.
-garron
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

garron wrote:
were just people like you. theres not much special about us, except that we happen to play music...
-garron

And, God gave all of you a little extra splash of cuteness.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
the michael
Sea Post King

I was there. Everything I'm about to say was pretty much already said but... Many Funerals got me pretty excited for the new stuff. I got to talk to Chauntelle after the show and she commented on how much new material they've got so far... needless to say I'm looking forward to it more than ever now. I agree that the TLA show was better, but this was by no means a bad show... it was still awesome, I was just hoping they did Just Like We Do cause I'm like that. Eisley needs to do more headlining tours like the other one. And I must say, Garron, you were wearing some... interesting sunglasses after the show. haha next time you should wear em on stage