Laughing City
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

anymore than 2 hours before the band member's birthday
i'll snap...SNAP!

you people be patient or i'll shake my cane so hard your grandchildren will recognize...punk

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

OMG I KNOW. It's like a race to see who's gonna say happy birthday first! I didn't even get a birthday thread, let alone one that was EIGHT DAYS BEFORE MY ACTUAL BIRTHDAY.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

i like when they feel the need to post 3 of them, in each section of the forum. Rolling Eyes

i mean, it's perfectly cool to wish them happy birthday's but there really is no rush. do you think chauntelle is waiting next to a computer, waiting to write down who wished her a happy birthday first?
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
do you think chauntelle is waiting next to a computer, waiting to write down who wished her a happy birthday first?

i can totally picture her doing that Rolling Eyes
rottenxbeauty
Sea Post King

afterall, if you're the first to wish them a happy birthday, it clearly shows how devoted you are to the band and what a "true fan" you are

kidding. clearly Rolling Eyes

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

ryan fisher wrote:
BNROCKS wrote:
do you think chauntelle is waiting next to a computer, waiting to write down who wished her a happy birthday first?

i can totally picture her doing that Rolling Eyes

No, but I can see Chauntelle comparing how many birthday responses she gets with Sherri, Stacy, Weston, and Garron. The tie-breaker is probably how early the first response came.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
musicislove
Golly, Poster

rottenxbeauty wrote:
afterall, if you're the first to wish them a happy birthday, it clearly shows how devoted you are to the band and what a "true fan" you are

kidding. clearly Rolling Eyes

your signature reminds me of "wings and windows"
i love that song

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Just don't read them.
Come on "fellow" boardies....
Some of your comments are kinda synical and rude towards other boardies that you don't like the way they decide to post.
Think about it.....That's not very friendly Rolling Eyes Wink
niftylikenifer
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
Just don't read them.
Come on "fellow" boardies....
Some of your comments are kinda synical and rude towards other boardies that you don't like the way they decide to post.
Think about it.....That's not very friendly Rolling Eyes Wink

Thank you for saying this.
Geez, calm down everybody.

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

i don't believe my comments are cynical or rude. i'm just stating how i find some boardies behavior odd.

i like how people say "calm down". just because we have said something against the grain we have to be upset about it?

whatever, it's not that big of a deal, i just don't want to be viewed as rude, because my words were not.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote"
Quote:
i don't believe my comments are cynical or rude. i'm just stating how i find some boardies behavior odd.

i like how people say "calm down". just because we have said something against the grain we have to be upset about it?

whatever, it's not that big of a deal, i just don't want to be viewed as rude, because my words were not.

Perhaps "unkind" would have been a better choice at my words instead of "rude". Sorry.
And...it's ok to think that some boardies behavior is odd. I think we just try to stay away from personally attacking people on here, if possible.
Everybody has their own uniqueness and way of expressing themself, and their humor. I looked at that thread, and they had revived last years thread.

Quote:
i just don't want to be viewed as rude, because my words were not.

Also, I was speaking to the whole glass....the way the whole body of comments felt. Not anyone in particular. I was not calling any person rude. Sorry if it felt that way. I've been sick all day anyway.
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
BNROCKS wrote"
Quote:

Perhaps "unkind" would have been a better choice at my words instead of "rude". Sorry.
And...it's ok to think that some boardies behavior is odd. I think we just try to stay away from personally attacking people on here, if possible.
Everybody has their own uniqueness and way of expressing themself, and their humor. I looked at that thread, and they had revived last years thread.

Quote:

Also, I was speaking to the whole glass....the way the whole body of comments felt. Not anyone in particular. I was not calling any person rude. Sorry if it felt that way. I've been sick all day anyway.

get better kim! we love you around here, keeping order on these threads. Very Happy

Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
BNROCKS wrote"
Quote:

Quote:

no problem, didn't mean to make it like i thought you were singling myself out, but rather to speak for myself... since it's the only thing i can do.
Y4J
Golly, Poster

granpaturtle wrote:
anymore than 2 hours before the band member's birthday
i'll snap...SNAP!

you people be patient or i'll shake my cane so hard your grandchildren will recognize...punk

Yea, EARLY Bday threads have been driving me crazy.

Check out my FLICKR and leave comments!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28644084@N00/
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 829 | Location: Manteca, California
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

I felt like posting in this thread, and I felt that I had two options for posting in this thread. Perhaps I could scold all of you for making such a big deal out of nothing. After all, if something so mundane bothers you, that doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to make a big hulabaloo about it. What do you think will happen when a birthday does comes around? Do you think all this hubbub is going to make it more or less special? On the other hand, I could simply state that there is nothing wrong with wishing people a happy birthday early, and I don't understand what the big deal is about. Apparently, I have decided to do both. I can only hope that the Eisleyoids don't think we're all completely nuts.

JD