Laughing City
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

there are many more pictures here! [I'm going to be making an actual html page where you can view them all on one page so they'll be easier to view]

I'm finally getting to write about this show, wow. It was a great time. The sunset that night was so beautiful; my pictures don't even express how great it was very well. my dad took my best friend and I & we got to the Salt Air around 6:20-30 or so and got in line. after awhile they let the ticket holders go to the very front so that was awesome. we got the last little place on the front of the barricade and then waited. we were right next to my brother's roommate, which was a cool coincidence. the venue was nice and airey inside and it never got too hot while we were there, so that was great.
the sunset and venue through the perspective of our car:

goofing off waiting for the show to begin.

The first band, Reeve Oliver, was awesome! I knew 3-4 of their songs and it was great to sing along. Everyone in the band had lots of energy and zeal for their music and the performance. they even got the crowd to dance for "I Want Burns." good band!

and then it was time for Eisley. I couldn't resist snapping a picture or two of Boyd...who was running around the stage in hero fashion.

then it was finally time for Eisley to play. it was a great performance! they started with Head Against The Sky and it just sounded big and rich and beautiful. they followed with Marvelous Things, Telescope Eyes, Golly Sandra, I Wasn't Prepared, Mr. Pine, My Lovely, Plenty of Paper, Memories, and they ended with Many Funerals. I'm not sure if that's the exact order but it's pretty close. Sherri asked us to dance a jig during Golly Sandra; that was funny. I could see that the crowd was enjoying them, but we yelled and clapped extra loud Smile

the only picture with Garron in it...

after they played, we decided to go buy merch. the vinyl and tote bags looked awesome, but in the end i went with the red moon shirt, the turquoise-ish trolleywood shirt, the very last of the zip hoodies, two patches (one for me and one of my best friend) and the poster that they were selling. all of the new clothes are really high quality and well made, and everything looked great too.

we then waited awhile to see if Eisley would come out. we decided to stay and listen to a few Switchfoot songs. see, if it wasn't a school night and if we didn't have homework, we would have stayed for the Switchfoot's entire performance and we would have stayed in the very front. but as it was a Monday night, we had to leave early. but what we did see of Switchfoot was quite good and they seem to put on a good show. unfortunately we didn't find any members of Eisley or even Boyd, but that's ok, there is always next time. I converted my best friend to Eisley after she was just not into them for the past 7 months. she was singing Marvelous Things after Smile she also told me that Chauntelle is her new hero Smile my dad said that they sounded great and that the music was really enjoyable and not too loud.
so, in conclusion, we all had a great time and enjoyed the show muchly Smile

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
Last edited by guitargirl on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
pzy
Wookie Luke

Those pictures are amazing, you're a great photographer.

Also, it was a pleasure selling you merch! Very Happy

woman4life
Golly, Poster

Nice Pics. Smile

I snuck in my little digital... I had to leave the other in the car because security made me take it back. I did get a few though. I like yours. Smile I was trying not to be too obvious because most of the time the security guard was right in front of me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Look at all those colored swirlies. I think you've finally captured on film a phenomenon unique to Eisley shows: the Aurora Boreisley. Notice how concentrated the formation is around Chauntelle--I believe this strange and beautiful light show emanates directly from her guitar, produced when her trademark sound converts itself spontaneously into visible light.

I've witnessed this several times myself, but heretofore there has been no evidence and I guess I kind of chalked it up to hallucination or the effects of undiluted euphoria. Fortunately, now you have proof! The Aurora Boreisley exists!

Great photos. Very Happy

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dat
Golly, Poster

haha @ hannah

magnificent pictures.

Joined: 15 Jun 2005 | Posts: 578 | Location: San Francisco, CA
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

Those are wonderful.
Props.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Maybe you have one of those cameras that can photograph auras. My weirdo health professor is always showing me her pictures she got at some convention where they took a picture of her aura.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
musicislove
Golly, Poster

Saellys wrote:

Look at all those colored swirlies. I think you've finally captured on film a phenomenon unique to Eisley shows: the Aurora Boreisley. Notice how concentrated the formation is around Chauntelle--I believe this strange and beautiful light show emanates directly from her guitar, produced when her trademark sound converts itself spontaneously into visible light.

I've witnessed this several times myself, but heretofore there has been no evidence and I guess I kind of chalked it up to hallucination or the effects of undiluted euphoria. Fortunately, now you have proof! The Aurora Boreisley exists!

Great photos. Very Happy

how do you take pictures like that? i've always wondered, but i've never ever learned how. does it have to do with shutter speed or something? (im reeeeeeeally dumb with cameras, and, well, technology in general...)

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

thanks guys! Smile I take pictures like that using a slow shutter speed (between 1/3 and 1.5 seconds) and using back curtain flash.
or...
you can pretend that they are glowing people who send happy rays of blue light out to the audience! Cool

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cgar7
Vintage Newbie

Eisley is seriously one sexy beast

Here's the game of grand mistakes while floating with a fan above a nothing.The crowd is ready sides are steady you are clutching my hand, it is hurting
madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

Excellent pics! Thanks for posting!
- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Inamorato
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:

Great photos. Very Happy

Aurora Boreisley

What a perfect coinage for a natural phenomenon from those phenomenal naturals!

Excellent pics, guitargirl.
brighterthansunshine
Sea Post King

nice pics, thanks for posting
woman4life
Golly, Poster

Did you have a press pass to get that camera in?

They wouldn't let me bring my digital in at all. I used a smaller digital anyway, which I don't normally do, but I did this time. I love the special effects.

--Melanie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
thebrightestfirefly
Lost at Forum

Inamorato wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Great photos. Very Happy

Aurora Boreisley

What a perfect coinage for a natural phenomenon from those phenomenal naturals!

Excellent pics, guitargirl.

ha ha. your my hero Laughing