Laughing City
Clark
Vintage Newbie

Sweet: So I left school at 12:15 for a "dentist appointment", and 3 short hours later, I was waiting in line at the venue. There were only about 10-15 people standing in front of me. Yes. I conversed with a few fellow Eisley fans and waited and waited. So finally after I got in, I rushed to get a decent spot. I was front and center and two people back from the front. Pretty decent if I say so myself. Augustana(sp?) was great. I had a blast listening to them. Then after a little more waiting, Eisley came out. Everybody went nuts... it was pertty cool. They had a great set. I got to hear Many Funerals again. I'm loving that song. Everyone sang Happy Birthday to Chauntelle and then the band silly stringed her bigtime. Hilarious. Then, Switchfoot. Bam. Now I know what Boyd was talking about when he kept saying "wall of sound". They also had a great set. They were really funny and played all these fun little games. Good times. After an encore, I searched out the birthday girl and gave her a birthday card before I had to head out. What a wonderful night.

Bitter: Still feeling the good vibes from the show, I was walking back to my car, only to find that the window was smashed and everything was stolen. There was glass everywhere, my whole cd deck was gone, as were all my cds, and my backpack - which had 4 school issued textbooks - gone. Even my bag of toothpaste, deodorant, etc was stolen. My interior is pretty beat up, and there was a large concrete chunk still sitting in my backseat. I think i'm gonna keep it. Give it a name. Maybe Charles.

...but other than that, the show was amazing. An awesome lineup. Boyd was as cool as always. Good show, good show. Cheerio, Cheerio.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

I'm so sorry to hear about your car. Deep Ellum can really suck sometimes.

I'm glad you still had a good time at the show though. Smile

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

gosh every day there is another boardie that i feel sorry for... Sad . hope you can replace your stuff.
it's pronounced "chasdew"

man that sucks clark. where did you park? i was hoping stupid stuff like that was over and done with in deep ellum since there's quite a bit more police now then there use to be. I walked by the tearoom on my way to get something to eat and looked for you and others (i didn't have a ticket). I saw BK and talked with him for a bit as well as kylerossp
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

dang, clark, that sucks. i was worried about my car the whole night, cuz i'm paranoid like that... i'm sorry that happened to you. Crying or Very sad

but the concert was really good, haha... i'm glad i went, and i wish i would've found you in the crowd.

madsenfan35
Golly, Poster

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry about your car.
- Dougie Payne, bassist of Travis
================================
http://www.xanga.com/madsenfan35
Joined: 09 Feb 2004 | Posts: 544 | Location: Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ptah
Sea Post King

what a drag, so sorry, man. I leave nothing in plain sight in my car...so far I've been fortunate *knocks on wood*, especially considering how much I go down to Deep Ellum.

Eisley rocked! From the opener Head Against The Sky to the great new song at the end - LOVED Many Funerals! - It brought a smile to my face. The silly string was a nice touch (and funny). From my spot I couldn't see Garron very much (he was standing behind Sherri), so I still haven't really seen him live.
Hadn't seen or heard Augustana before. They were decent.
Switchfoot did put on a good show with nice lighting. Not a fan, but they held my attention. Crowd sang along and clapped along at all the right times.
Fun night....

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
Clark
Vintage Newbie

Thanks folks. Yeah, that's what so weird... I didn't leave anything of value in sight. I guess someone just decided to go treasure hunting.

And yeah, I saw BK as well. Though he was a little ways back in the line. I guess I just missed ya. Shucks.

Heh, so the thief took all my cd's... but left one - Eisley. Still in it's case. Very Happy
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

Clark wrote:
Heh, so the thief took all my cd's... but left one - Eisley. Still in it's case. Very Happy

They probably already have it. And were like, "Well I don't need two of THE coolest CDs in the world."
Even criminals can like Eisley.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
brighterthansunshine
Sea Post King

Dude Clark, I feel so bad for you man, especially since I met you that night. I just told my g/f (you met her too) and she feels so bad. At least you left with your sweet hat. I'm glad you were able to get your card to Chauntelle.
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

that sucks dude...but at least whoever stole your stuff will have clean teeth and armpits!
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

Deep Ellum does kinda suck. you should name the hunk of concrete "Ellum" or "Chauntelle" cause it was Chauntelle's birthday.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Jeez! Some friends of mine (forumers, also) had their car broken into during an Eisley show earlier this year. Suck! I'm sorry, that's so lame. I too have been smashed-and-grabbed. Except they had to run away before they kept anything. And it was also outside of my home. People really suck sometimes.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
rosalee
Sea Post King

aw, sorry about that! I agree w/ the other people, Deep Ellum *is* awful. The friend I went with actually wouldn't let us leave until she found her mace! (I told her she was being paranoid, but to tell the truth, we were parked really close to the venue & while in line, I kept peeking over at my truck, just to make sure it was okay/still there) I'm kinda surprised that happened, though - I saw a police car drive by *at least* every 5 minutes. Bad luck! Sad But hey, at least you got to see a great show, right? And nothing that got stolen was irreplaceable (unless that toothpaste had some great sentimental value to you, hehe.)
guitargalash
Golly, Poster

Bummer, that is so rediculous! I hope everything turns for the better!
Joined: 26 Apr 2004 | Posts: 879 | Location: Minneapolis, MN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger