Laughing City
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

this review of room noises is the one on top and i assume it will be cuz he is a top 10 reviewer.
its a good review and the guy likes it, just there is something i want to comment

he says this

"At the start of one song, the line "Congratulations, we've finally made it" is sung. And so Eisley has -- and this promising band only shows signs of getting even better in albums to come."

the song he is talking about is lost at sea obviously. well thats not the line in the song, its "congratulations cuz we made it, all the way home"

now if he used the right words. the rest of this paragraph would not make sence.

just thought id mention it since he misquoted them

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

I think it would still make sense.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Yeah, 100-percent accuracy aside, sounds like a great review. Of course, you'll note the lyrics book isn't 100-percent accurate, either. Wink

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I'm just thinking...

is there an older demo where the words were what was stated?

And yes, Jamie's point is, of course, very very valid! Very Happy

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
presidentofantarctica
Sea Post King

If you type in "Eisley" in the search bar in Amazon music, the top Listmania list that comes up on the right side was written by yours truly. Just thought that made me special.
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

TheAntrider wrote:
Yeah, 100-percent accuracy aside, sounds like a great review. Of course, you'll note the lyrics book isn't 100-percent accurate, either. Wink

yeah might i add thats a huge pet peeve of mine too. when any band's cd booklet isnt 100 % perfectly accurate. i guess i just like everything correct and neat. i mean, it's not like these things are quickly put together.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

starnothing wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

yeah might i add thats a huge pet peeve of mine too. when any band's cd booklet isnt 100 % perfectly accurate. i guess i just like everything correct and neat. i mean, it's not like these things are quickly put together.

Actually, I think the assembly of the book was pretty insane. I don't know if it was normal, but I'm amazed they took too much time to put the lyrics in at all. Though I know what you mean. I can just sympathize because the insanity that I witnessed during the prouduction of said booklet.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
UberDrive
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:

So, what are the points of contention again? Stars and Scars? Cry being ambigious? Brightly Wounded while Lost at Sea Razz? I think the only medium-sized problem (which I remember came up in an interview), is that the second "layer" of the chorus in Laughing City isn't listed ("...that is where you'll find me).
boone
Vintage Newbie

UberDrive wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

So, what are the points of contention again? Stars and Scars? Cry being ambigious? Brightly Wounded while Lost at Sea Razz? I think the only medium-sized problem (which I remember came up in an interview), is that the second "layer" of the chorus in Laughing City isn't listed ("...that is where you'll find me).

I don't think it ever has been listed.